Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page ATP festival!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.19.2006, 08:08 AM   #381
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
hey
how were Bardo Pond at ATP?
what did they play?

In Brussels they were mindblowing.

stuff from the last album and a few oldies. i saw them both at atp and in london the week before and i think they played tommy gun angel, flux and every man at both shows, but i'm not 100% sure anymore... just saw too many bands.

in london they also played a new song (or maybe even 2?) that was really awesome. i recorded both sets, but can't listen to them now because i left them in england for someone to transfer them. the atp recording may have come out fine, the london one is definitely messed up, because it keeps changing from mono to stereo.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 08:19 AM   #382
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
cool, thank you
in brussels they started with destroying angel, then they played
other stuff from ticket crystals (at least i think so, i donīt have it yet) followed by every man and walking stick man.I think they ended with Inside.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 08:23 AM   #383
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
they started with destroying angel both times in england too (they also started with that one at atp 2004!) followed by the second song of ticket crystals, that i don't know the title of. i still need to buy it, to my shame i have to say that i've only downloaded it so far...

edit:
there's a setlist of the london gig at the bardo messageboard

Quote:
1. Destroying Angel
2. Isle
3. Endurance
4. (new song - it's in 3/4 and switches to 4/4 and back to 3/4 etc.)
5. Every Man
6. Tommy Gun Angel
7. Flux
8. Amen
----encore:
9. ??? (had really screetchy guitar feedback and was sort of based on a 4 note bassguitar groove, somewhat slow, sounded familiar, but I can't remember if it's off of one of the regular albums)
Old 12.19.2006, 08:25 AM   #384
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for posting those pics (fursaxa, bardo pond etc) i didnt get to see them and really wondered what they sounded like.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 08:28 AM   #385
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
canīt find it anywhere here(ticket crystals)
so iīll order it when iīm out of my financial difficulties.
I only heard destroying angel, itīs on the 04 Peel Session too
Old 12.19.2006, 08:31 AM   #386
compulsive diarrhea, jico
100%

compulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's asses
fuckin awesome... that's all.
bastards.
compulsive diarrhea, jico is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 09:01 AM   #387
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic johnny
Does anyone know who replaced Jackie-O Motherfucker on the Reds stage on Sunday night?...

It just occurred to me... I left Reds after Mouthus to catch a bit of six Organs action and never returned.

just saw this; JOMF have left ATP recordings it seems

Saturday, December 09, 2006
new day rising
JOMF CANCEL ATP PERFORMANCE.
sorry to all who were looking forward to seeing us play at the festival, INCA ORE will take our time slot on sun. we have left atp recordings, and the parting was not at all easy... our reasons for leaving this company are many, but are primarily political. we cannot support the branding of independent music, we've seen this ugly beast before...
we would like to wish atp the best of luck in the future.
our next scheduled concerts will be in BANGKOK, TIALAND - TOKYO, JAPAN - OSAKA, JAPAN -
in early march... there will be updates here.
again... SORRY! and many thanks to the beautiful friends who've come to see us in italy, spain, germany, and the uk. it's been fantastic playing for you, and an honor to be able to travel and meet you all!
http://blog.myspace.com/jomf
Old 12.19.2006, 09:03 AM   #388
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
there has been a dispute between tom and the atp organisers apparantly. tit for tat kind of thing that esculated out of control.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 09:10 AM   #389
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

yeah, i was thinking it had to be something with tom greenwood... otherwise they would've just played as jackie-o motherfucker surely and not as "inca ore plus some members of jackie-o motherfucker".

ah well, i think they only had one official release on atp recordings anyway... plus a bunch of re-issues.
Old 12.19.2006, 10:12 AM   #390
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks alot for the bardo pond pics. I was so pissed about missing them.

If anybody cares this is the set they played in Nottingham the week before. It was one of the best gigs I have ever been too

Everyman
Isle
Lost Word
Flux
Tommy Gun Angel
Destroying Angel
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 10:12 AM   #391
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
All you people who saw Bardo Pond are breaking my heart...
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 10:20 AM   #392
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
All you people who saw Bardo Pond are breaking my heart...

theyīll tour europe next year too
just in case you donīt already have these
a few live shows
Old 12.19.2006, 11:16 AM   #393
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
I'm too jealous to read this thread
Old 12.19.2006, 12:22 PM   #394
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
hey look, its lucy
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 12:27 PM   #395
Bastian
bad moon rising

Bastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's assesBastian kicks all y'all's asses
Iggy fucked my brain.. I still have "Loose" in my ear, after all those days.
Bastian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 06:27 PM   #396
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
great pics nefeli. especially thanks for my cat is an alien pics.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 06:30 PM   #397
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
canīt find it anywhere here(ticket crystals)
so iīll order it when iīm out of my financial difficulties.
I only heard destroying angel, itīs on the 04 Peel Session too

it's not exactly flooding the stores in holland either. the only bardo pond cds i've ever seen in the shops here are on the ellipse and amanita. strangely i didn't see it in any london shops either, so i should've just bought it at the gig. anyway, i just ordered it online a few minutes ago, together with the no fun dvd. (i really should cut down spending for a while now )

where did you see/hear about them touring europe again in 2007? i really hope they do, but from what i've read they all have day jobs which makes touring for a couple of weeks a difficult thing.
Old 12.19.2006, 06:50 PM   #398
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
it's not exactly flooding the stores in holland either. the only bardo pond cds i've ever seen in the shops here are on the ellipse and amanita. strangely i didn't see it in any london shops either, so i should've just bought it at the gig. anyway, i just ordered it online a few minutes ago, together with the no fun dvd. (i really should cut down spending for a while now )

where did you see/hear about them touring europe again in 2007? i really hope they do, but from what i've read they all have day jobs which makes touring for a couple of weeks a difficult thing.

one of them (i think it was klint takeda) told me, that they īll probably tour europe next year again, because this yearīs short tour went out really well for them.

There is one record store "here" (2h away from where i live) in Vienna that sometimes has really cool Bardo Pond stuff, last thing i bought was that split with Buck Paco (limited to 300)

Edit: no, i looked at some pictures, it was John Gibbons i talked to
Old 12.19.2006, 08:04 PM   #399
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
16 Bitch Pile-Up

Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2006, 08:12 PM   #400
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
IGGY (Sunday 10th December)

Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
171819 20 212223 > »
-->

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth