Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Dinosaur, Jr. to perform on The Henry Rollins Show (ifc) tonight
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.26.2006, 01:02 AM   #21
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Violence
I though Raisans was better than Forget the Swan. J kinda took that solo too long.

I agree. I wish they had played Raisans instead of Forgert the Swan. Raisans is a stronger song, and there is only so much you can do woth Forget the Swan. But I am still pleased as punch that Dinosaur Jr are even on tv. They just don't nearly the amount of recognition that they deserve.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 01:06 AM   #22
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Does anyone else think that J Mascis desperately needs to cut that hair of his?

Yeah... I kinda agree. He looked sorta laughable. That said, the performance was awesome and that's what really matters anyway.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 01:09 AM   #23
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
I think his hair is rad. He looks like a hippie rocker.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 08:45 AM   #24
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I've always been on the fence about Dinosaur Jr. I love Yr Living All Over Me (which I own on vinyl), but the rest of the catalog leaves me cold. And yeah, although J could use a hair makeover, at least, unlike some of us at that age (i.e., moi), he still has some to grow. My only option these days is a buzz or a comb over. I go for the buzz, by the way.
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 01:27 PM   #25
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
You got to give it up to J for his glorious head of hair. I know he has really let himself go. He's gained a considerable amoiunt of weight and his hair has gone almost completely white. He looks like he's in kinda crummy shape. But a lot of people his age really balloon and grey. At least he's not balding and pathetic like Axl Rose. J can still really rip on guitar and I have to say he's still amazing!!! But come one, we all should have forseent he weight gain coming a mile away. J is notorious for being incessantly lazy. He may give it all for his music, but aside from that I know he just sits around and watches tv alot.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 06:47 PM   #26
contort:myself
little trouble girl

contort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to beholdcontort:myself is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Holy shit!!! I can't belive there is actually another person from Worcester here!!! I thought there was only two of us on this board! Now there's three!!!! Yipee!

yeah Worcester's pretty lame...I'm lucky I'm only in the area temporarily because I couldn't afford both my apt and paying student loans and had to move back fro a bit to straighten shit out...

my band is doing a show at the Java Hut here in august, you should come check it out...
contort:myself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 09:24 PM   #27
MichiganNOise
empty page

MichiganNOise has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i agree rollins interviews are totally awkward. it makes me uncomfortable to watch sometimes. i just have to laugh so loud out of creepiness.
even though he picks shitty bands usually to be on the show....i can't complain about dinosaur jr.
and i love black flag, rollins band, and his writings
saw rollins band 3 times live and he was amazinng intense
MichiganNOise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth