Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Bjork collaborates with Corsano and Timbaland on new album
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.19.2007, 12:09 PM   #1
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
We here at bjork.com/unity have received communication from our very own Meester Fly, and we are glad to post it now:

"It has not been snowing at all here, but today we are graced with snow. It is a few days after the hidden people and elves move home, if they have to. We are in Iceland. I arrived after a short absence of mind and body back into the HQ of the MWC. I got the word to get back on the case and gather some knowledge, as I of course, am truly the wise one.

Being the one and only I got sent new songs from Björk. These songs are to be on the new album she has been working on for the past months. She has been all around the world to record, working with numerous people from truly different background. I have been left with many thoughts after listening to these tracks, the first impression is that I want to hear more, as I did not get everything shortlisted for the record. It made me excited.

The only thing I have heard prior of the making of this new record was a collaboration with Timbaland was being penned in. They met for a couple of sessions and laid down some beats for two tracks, "then I took these tracks and worked on them further", says Björk. This is true, as I hear that she has taken them to a another level.

We speak about the many collaborators on this record and the list is very interesting as Antony Hegerty duets on two tracks. Drummer Chris Corsano jumps into at least the 2 songs. New sounds and instrumentation are provided by Toumani Diabate who plays the Kora and Konono nr.1 with electric thumb pianos. More percussive delights come from Brian Chippendale from Lightning Bolt Great artists being drafted into the fold!

This list is very impressive and intriguing and from this first batch of song create a very unique sound and emotion. Nothing sounds really familiar about this experience, apart from the name of Mark Bell, him I know. And Sjón, turns to form to deliver one lyric, his 5th lyric since they started work together. This record is a Björk production par excellence. No stone left unturned to seek out the perfect pitch.

And more work is being done in the next few weeks on the new record. It has not got a name. The record is scheduled for late spring release. Some of us have wished to see Björk live in concert.

Well. Björk will be going on the road and giving us long wanted concert recitals. Yes gigging again. I get to see who is the band, I'll be damned, I forgot. It is being finalised right now! From what I remember: We are in for a treat. I am promised to be there. Bien sur. Of-course. Að sjálfsögðu. More

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 12:10 PM   #2
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
And Konono No.1!!!!!

Fucking hell!I'll be really looking forward to this.

Old 01.19.2007, 12:39 PM   #3
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Odd. For a few reasons. My friend Tom was on about making a documentary about a guy who's "The best Kora player in the world" but no-one was interested...from the wikipedia link I imagine he was talking about Toumani Diabate. Maybe he'll have better luck now that he's playing on the new Bjork record. And Corsano and Konono No1? Odd but should be interesting.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 02:03 PM   #4
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
holy cow! that sounds like awesome. hopefully it's better than "medulla" b/c rahzel just didn't cut it on that album.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 02:37 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I love Bjork. For several reasons, but mainly because she's right on the bleeding-edge of what's acceptable in proper pop. It's still brilliant pop music that your mum would like, but she brings in ridiculous people and makes it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 04:30 PM   #6
nomowish
children of satan

nomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
holy cow! that sounds like awesome. hopefully it's better than "medulla" b/c rahzel just didn't cut it on that album.

hmmm, I disagree. My problem with it is that it felt like a collection of experiments, rather than a whole album. Nevertheless it's a pretty fine experiment. Especially the one she performed with the woman who made the sounds of a climaxing animal. A whole album of the two of them I'd be real down with.
nomowish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 04:31 PM   #7
porkmarras
invito al cielo

How can you say that without having heard the record to start with?

Old 01.19.2007, 04:34 PM   #8
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I love Bjork. For several reasons, but mainly because she's right on the bleeding-edge of what's acceptable in proper pop. It's still brilliant pop music that your mum would like, but she brings in ridiculous people and makes it work.

True on all counts, but she still has THAT VOICE, and that voice is a dealbreaker for me. Too deep a hate to transcend. I think I am allergic to that voice. She is talented and tries to do interesting things and for that I salute her, but wow do I hate that voice.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 04:42 PM   #9
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
True on all counts, but she still has THAT VOICE, and that voice is a dealbreaker for me. Too deep a hate to transcend. I think I am allergic to that voice. She is talented and tries to do interesting things and for that I salute her, but wow do I hate that voice.
My thoughts exactly. Just like Joanna Newsom.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 04:49 PM   #10
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I fell in love with THAT VOICE when I first heard KUKL (about 1984). The fact that I didn't know what she looked like just added to the appeal.

Agreed about Joanna Newsom, mind.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 04:51 PM   #11
porkmarras
invito al cielo

She's in a particular position as i CAN'T stand her voice but i totally respect her as an artist.

Old 01.19.2007, 07:20 PM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
She's in a particular position as i CAN'T stand her voice but i totally respect her as an artist.

I'm surprised by both of these comments. Especially as both of you seem to like Diamanda, who has a far more obnoxious voice (albeit with a range that anyone outside of opera would kill for).

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 01.19.2007, 07:25 PM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh, fools, what fools, she has a lovely voice.

i've been listening to joanna newsom lately and i have to say not only have i gotten accustome to her voice but i've began to enjoy it. kittenish & yummy. hmmmmmmm.....
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 07:33 PM   #14
porkmarras
invito al cielo

I'm peculiar when it comes to voices.I'm not here to be right or anything but Bjork's voice irritates me.Diamanda's doesn't.That's all there is to it.

Old 01.19.2007, 07:34 PM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i get interminable boners listening to bjork. call me lucky i guess.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2007, 07:38 PM   #16
porkmarras
invito al cielo

I think the image that you call a signature takes space.A lot of it.Can you stop it now?

Old 01.19.2007, 07:39 PM   #17
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
I'm peculiar when it comes to voices.I'm not here to be right or anything but Bjork's voice irritates me.Diamanda's doesn't.That's all there is to it.

I haven't got a solid case. I don't like Bowie, and that's purely and entirely down to the fact his voice makes me want to eat babies' limbs.

Quote:
Old 01.19.2007, 07:42 PM   #18
porkmarras
invito al cielo

There you go mate.Is yours a banana?

Old 01.19.2007, 07:44 PM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

Was that a racial comment?

Quote:
Old 01.19.2007, 07:47 PM   #20
porkmarras
invito al cielo

You made the mental association of bananas and black people.You're obviously racist by the look of it......shame......robotic shame.........shame..............shame.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth