Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The 50 Most Out There Records.........
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.11.2007, 09:50 AM   #41
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
you want a list of out there and weird refer to this:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ultimathule/nww/nwwlist.html

one of the weirdest albums to me is Brainticket's Cottonwoodhill, krautrock in the late 60's through the 70's definitly had alot of weird and out there moments in the rock movement along with the astonishing pysch-folk-underground from around the same time period... i think that first Fifty Foot Hose album is weird, Joe Byrd and the Field Hippies album The American Metaphysical Circus (off shoot of of THe United States of America), White Noise Electric Storm, definitly... The first Red Krayola album, The first Comus album is pretty bizarre, The Edgar Broughton Band was pretty bad ass and sorta weird. this is just scratching the surface.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2007, 04:54 PM   #42
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
CULTURCIDE - TACKY SOUVENIRS OF PRE-REVOLUTIONARY AMERICA

best and most "out there" record ever, blows my gourd everytime
Old 10.15.2007, 12:09 AM   #43
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
shooby taylor-the human horn

uses his voice like a horn over pre recorded shitty jazz tracks. there is a great youtube of him on the apollo getting booooooed off. strangely compelling. his phrasing is actaully kind of interesting.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WG8xxMmxhbM

coltanes live in seattle is pretty weird but yeah nothing beats om. "oommmm...ommmmmm.."
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2007, 01:24 AM   #44
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I'm always surprised that Metal Machine Music isn't on that list. It's not like the album is obscure.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2007, 01:35 AM   #45
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
what about:

noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2007, 03:30 AM   #46
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
I probably mentioned it earlier in the thread but surely Orgasm by Cromagnon is one of the oddest records.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2007, 03:32 AM   #47
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Sure, but this was probably from a mainstream music mag so what so you expect. I think On the Corner is probably Miles' most out there record. Sun Ra has done plenty more out records than Space is the Place. Solar Myth Approach vols 1 and 2 are much more out there. Hampton Grease Bands Music To Eat is a fairly notorious oddball record that should probably be on there.

I don't know if I would put a lot of the impulse! stuff on there. Not ahead of a lot of stuff on BYG or ESP disk. Sonny Sharrocks' Monkey Pockie Boo is pretty wild. Plenty of stuff on ESP disk, not least the Cromagnon record which is definitely one of the most out there things recorded.

You could argue with this list all day and all night, and it will be enjoyable to do so, but it's actually a pretty decent list all in all. Whether they are all really 'out there' or not, there is a lot of ace records on that list. Where did this list come from by the way? I've a feeling I've seen it before in a music mag...maybe Uncut or a similar publication.

Yes I did. And I was about to mention that Sharrock record again as well. I'll let you know when I actually come up with something new.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2007, 01:31 PM   #48
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
what about:

i have issues with ron carter's intonation on the cello there! doesnt sound too bad w/o the bow but with....bahh! great cd otherwise.

and

also

themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth