Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Natalie Portman (the song)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.25.2010, 02:30 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
A little hurt
I'm alright
I'm not gonna wait for you tonight
I'd rather stay alone
I'm not gonna wait for you anymore
Kept waiting too long
I'm walking away from you tonight
You actor
I'm sure that
I'm not gonna look at you anymore
The same
Hang on
Try not to smile until you die
Patience, all the patience
I want you more than ever now

this is one of those kind of bands, what they were playing live in 2001 was groundbreaking and hauntingly beautiful.. what they finally released as a debut album in 2005 was horrible in comparison, and the 2005 tour had lost its energy... but 2001 was a good year for Team Sleep.. this tune is too beautiful for my ears, especially that moment of chaos breaking into the drums towards the middle/end...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2010, 02:53 PM   #2
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I seen these guys in '04? They weren't too good imo. I walked out of that shiz.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2010, 08:57 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I seen these guys in '04? They weren't too good imo. I walked out of that shiz.

2004 was a bad year for them.. none of it came together is was all sloppy and loose..

that band started in 2000/2001 and their debut era was heavy, ambient and exciting. I just listen to bootlegs from that period myself.. but that is how bands are sometimes, the fun is catching eras you like. my fav sonic youth era was 2004, and many people dispute this with me, but to my ears and taste sonic 04 was a fine year indeed. as i said in the smiths thread, its all a matter of taste.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2010, 09:32 PM   #4
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
i saw them in san diego in 01 at canes. i just happened to be there and thought team sleep was a cool name, then i notice chino from the deftones on stage. they were really good live (haven't seen em since), and the cd wasn'tbad, but i like the demos one i bought on ebay alot more. their live show was pretty fucking good though.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth