Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page busy summer for Mudhoney, new album and more............
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.11.2008, 08:26 PM   #1
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
they got a new album called The Lucky Ones

Worldwide lovers of the finer things are rejoicing at the news that Mudhoney, yep Mudhoney, is back in action in 2008 with The Lucky Ones, the band’s eighth full album in a mere 20 years of triumphant rocking. Deliberately and aggressively raw, The Lucky Ones sounds as lean and as full-on as any modern equivalent one cares to mention. Recorded in a scant 3.5 days (including overdubs) with Tucker Martine (who also recorded four songs on the previous album, Under a Billion Suns), Mudhoney went in armed with a batch of new material expecting to spend a fair amount of time getting it right. Bang—and bang again after some mixing—and a new album was birthed in record time, faster than anything else the band’s done to date. The grand majority of these numbers were intentionally written “from the rhythm up” instead of from the riff and the lyrics down. The effect is to thrust out the bottom-end rumble of drummer Dan Peters and bassist Guy Maddison, and to bring about a cohesive whole not entirely ruled by the almighty riff—although you certainly don’t have to look hard to find ‘em. Opening The Lucky Ones, the band defiantly looks twenty years of heaviness and critical hosannas in the eye and spits out the anthemic “I’m Now,” an existential place where “the past makes no sense, the future looks tense.” Finding eager new converts locked firmly in the present who’ll agree should not prove difficult.

tracklisting
  1. I'm Now
  2. Inside Out Over You
  3. The Lucky Ones
  4. Next Time
  5. And the Shimmering Light
  6. The Open Mind
  7. What's This Thing?
  8. Running Out
  9. Tales of Terror
  10. We Are Rising
  11. New Meaning
if that isn't enough, then grunge goes DELUXE

In 2008, both Sub Pop and Mudhoney are celebrating our 20th anniversaries. We here at Sub Pop could think of no better way to do so than by putting out as many Mudhoney records as possible. So, this May, we’re releasing an excellent, new Mudhoney album called The Lucky Ones and also this deluxe, remastered edition of Superfuzz Bigmuff (which, unfortunately, we failed to convince the band to call Superduperfuzz Biggermuff??…). Here you will find: the original ??Superfuzz… EP in its correct running order, singles, demos, and two blistering live recordings from 1988, all remastered, or in some cases, mastered for the very first time. There are four (4) different versions of “Mudride” here.
Jay Hinman in the liner notes for the deluxed-up Superfuzz…
“My feeling—and I know I’m not alone in this one—is that for all the play and worldwide attention several Seattle-area bands got during the 1988-92 period, at the end of the day (and even at the time), there was Mudhoney—and then there was everybody else. To me, you, and most everyone who was paying close attention to underground rock music during those years, Mudhoney still sound like the undisputed kingpins of roaring, surging, fuzzed-out, punk rock music. These first recordings were so life-affirming upon their release, connecting everything great about the sixties (biker movies, fuzzboxes, old guitars, three-minute songs) with the frothing, punk rock of the early ‘80s, that a whole new “style” of music was born. They called it grunge, but to me it was amped-up, clear-the-room, ramalama rock that exploded like Nagasaki live, and it was about as joyous and as fun a noise as anyone’d heard in years.”
Still is.

check these tracks
  1. Touch Me I'm Sick
  2. Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More
  3. Twenty Four
  4. Need
  5. Chain That Door
  6. Mudride
  7. No One Has
  8. If I Think
  9. In 'n' Out of Grace
  10. The Rose
  11. Hate the Police
  12. You Got It (Keep It Outta My Face)
  13. Burn It Clean
  14. Halloween
  15. Need (demo)
  16. Mudride (demo)
  17. In 'n' Out of Grace (demo)
  18. No One Has (live in Berlin 10/10/88)
  19. Sweet Young Thing Ain't Sweet No More (live in Berlin 10/10/88)
  20. Need (live in Berlin 10/10/88)
  21. Chain That Door (live in Berlin 10/10/88)
  22. If I Think (live in Berlin 10/10/88)
  23. Mudride (live in Berlin 10/10/88)
  24. Here Comes Sickness (live in Berlin 10/10/88)
  25. Touch Me I'm Sick (live in Berlin 10/10/88)
  26. In 'n' Out of Grace (live in Berlin 10/10/88)
  27. Mudride (live at KCSB 11/16/88)
  28. Here Comes Sickness (live at KCSB 11/16/88)
  29. No One Has (live at KCSB 11/16/88)
  30. By Her Own Hand (live at KCSB 11/16/88)
  31. Touch Me I'm Sick (live at KCSB 11/16/88)
  32. Dead Love (live at KCSB 11/16/88)
and wait, there's more!!!!

you also get a fab new Fish Filet Knife, cause nothing is more grunge then SALMON

and on top of that they have an extensive tour of the east coast for the first time in many years including and astonishing 18 shows in 18 days

Apr 19 Dante's, Portland, OR
May 30 Bottom Lounge, Chicago, IL
May 31 Headliner's Music Hall, Louisville, KY
Jun 01 Southgate House, Newport, KY
Jun 02 Crofoot Ballroom, Pontiac, MI
Jun 03 Cafe Bourbon Street, Columbus, OH
Jun 04 Mohawk Place, Buffalo, NY
Jun 05 Pearl Street, Northampton, MA
Jun 06 Middle East, Cambridge, MA (downstairs)
Jun 07 Highline Ballroom, New York, NY
Jun 08 Note, West Chester, PA
Jun 09 Rock and Roll Hotel, Washington, DC
Jun 10 Cats Cradle, Carrboro, NC
Jun 11 The Earl, Atlanta, GA
Jun 12 Common Grounds, Gainesville, FL
Jun 13 Churchhill's, Miami, FL
Jun 14 Back Booth, Orlando, FL
Jun 15 Sluggo's, Pensacola, FL
Jun 16 One Eyed Jacks, New Orleans, LA
Jul 31 Forum, London, United Kingdom
Aug 02 Storas Festival, Trondheim, Norway

and both the new and old can be bought on May 20th
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2008, 10:35 PM   #3
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
sweet they are playing orlando! if it's not that expensive and i can afford it (from now on i'm saving all my pennies that i don't have to pay bills with to move to nyc this summer) then i'm def. going to see them. i'll probably buy both cds too. a good band coming to florida, finally! well pelican is coming with some emo bands late april, so two good bands are coming to florida.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.11.2008, 11:22 PM   #4
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i just realized they are playing gville too. i would totally see them twice in two days. the news gets even better for me.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2008, 12:24 AM   #5
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
ill prolly check them out in mass, i only like two out of their shit load of albums though.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2008, 08:25 AM   #6
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
Yay! One of my favorite live bands! They're always so much fun!
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth