Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The CIA is hiring in Los Angeles
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.04.2009, 05:32 AM   #41
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Two points: If Burger King requires you to do drug tests before you can work there, you are in a more draconian country than, say, China or Iran. That's absolutely disgraceful, and for a country that has personal liberties staunchly defended by a constitution (something that isn't as preciously defended over here), that's fucking evil.

Secondly: Snoop might come from an iffy background, but I can't think of an instance in any of his popular songs where he alludes to anything more 'immoral' than smoking the green. And, even so, it's clouded in euphemism and metaphor. Which is to say that when Lou Reed sang about Heroin, he did it with no subtlety; by the time Transformer-era Reed came about he was massive, and had learned the value of the metaphor in making a song popular (cf. Perfect Day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2009, 05:45 AM   #42
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Two points: If Burger King requires you to do drug tests before you can work there, you are in a more draconian country than, say, China or Iran. That's absolutely disgraceful, and for a country that has personal liberties staunchly defended by a constitution (something that isn't as preciously defended over here), that's fucking evil.

you don't know what they test for in china

Quote:
Secondly: Snoop might come from an iffy background, but I can't think of an instance in any of his popular songs where he alludes to anything more 'immoral' than smoking the green. And, even so, it's clouded in euphemism and metaphor. Which is to say that when Lou Reed sang about Heroin, he did it with no subtlety; by the time Transformer-era Reed came about he was massive, and had learned the value of the metaphor in making a song popular (cf. Perfect Day).

good analysis, bitch.

go get some tenure now.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2009, 07:05 AM   #43
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know what they test for in China, you're right. I suppose it's a reneging of sorts to say I don't really care - I don't think one barbaric work culture should really be venerated only in opposition to [assumptions about] another.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 10.04.2009, 12:23 PM   #44
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
i think i would make a good CIA agent. Or some black ops for the military. I'm a pretty good shot, in decent physical shape, i have no morals, and know how to survive in just about any environment. With a little bit of training, I could be Nick Fury.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2009, 12:23 PM   #45
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
but, if they do spinal taps, im fucked.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2009, 02:13 PM   #46
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Secondly: Snoop might come from an iffy background, but I can't think of an instance in any of his popular songs where he alludes to anything more 'immoral' than smoking the green. And, even so, it's clouded in euphemism and metaphor.

not quite

if you play me close, you're on a red beam
Oh you got a gun so you wanna pop back?
AK47 now nigga, stop that!
Cement shoes, now I'm on the move
You're family's crying, now you on the news
They can't find you, and now they miss you
Must I remind you I'm only here to twist you
Pistol whip you, dip you then flip you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They kept fucking and it went too far,
So Snoopy he went straight to the trunk of his car (And what he get?), he got his gun and they start running hard, he started firing and then he just charged...
PLOW!!!

(2x)
Run Nigga, Run Nigga (Plow)
Duck Nigga, Duck Nigga (Plow)
Run Motherfucker, Run (Plow)
Run Motherfucker, Run (Plow)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Snoop Dogg]
I dont know what you heard about me
But a bitch cant get a blood up out of me
I drive a cadilac wear a perm cuz im a g
And im a motherfuckin C.R.I.P

[Snoop Dogg]
I dont know what you heard about me
But a bitch cant get a crumb up out of me
I drive a cadilac wear a perm and im a g
And im a motherfuckin P.I.M.P

those are singles
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2009, 02:46 PM   #47
Glice
invito al cielo

Fair point. The only defense I can think of is that America has an exceptionally convoluted relationship between guns and morality, and Goodfellas/ the Sopranos are massively popular. In the mainstream consciousness, something like Fugazi is probably percieved as more 'dangerous' (in spite of being legions less influential than Snoop et al).

But yes, you're right.

Quote:
Old 10.04.2009, 03:05 PM   #48
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
i don't think this convoluted morality has anything to do with his lyrics.he doesn't have a gun stashed at home to protect his family in life or death situations, he has a machine gun in the trunk that he'll use the moment niggas provoke him in any matter, i don't think american society has ever implied that sort of thing to be moral, and he has ads for car companies, and appears in children's films which is the fascinating part that the thread was implying.the fictional character tony soprano is not in any children's movies. snoop dogg was on trial for murder and has been arrested for fighting and drugs since. this isn't even the general mainstream we're talking, it's children's movies,and commercials for reputable business, a realm which someone who openly advocates serious crimes is very unlikely to get into

although, johnny cash and merle haggard sang about serious crimes.cash was a drug addict and haggard had spent time in federal pison, and these guys were doing concerts at the whitehouse so this sort of thing is not completely unheard of
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2009, 03:05 PM   #49
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you don't know what they test for in china

They test your urine for "potential political dissidence".
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2009, 03:11 PM   #50
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Personal liberties only have to be defended if they're under attack.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2009, 03:49 PM   #51
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
i don't think this convoluted morality has anything to do with his lyrics.he doesn't have a gun stashed at home to protect his family in life or death situations, he has a machine gun in the trunk that he'll use the moment niggas provoke him in any matter, i don't think american society has ever implied that sort of thing to be moral, and he has ads for car companies, and appears in children's films which is the fascinating part that the thread was implying.the fictional character tony soprano is not in any children's movies. snoop dogg was on trial for murder and has been arrested for fighting and drugs since. this isn't even the general mainstream we're talking, it's children's movies,and commercials for reputable business, a realm which someone who openly advocates serious crimes is very unlikely to get into

although, johnny cash and merle haggard sang about serious crimes.cash was a drug addict and haggard had spent time in federal pison, and these guys were doing concerts at the whitehouse so this sort of thing is not completely unheard of

Cool. Well, point taken then. Where I'm talking about 'convoluted morality' I'm essentially crowbarring one argument into another. Y'know, the Queen sent a letter out asking us all to do that sort of thing if possible. Just doing it for her.

Quote:
Old 10.04.2009, 06:01 PM   #52
Kloriel
expwy. to yr skull

Kloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's assesKloriel kicks all y'all's asses
they've got a descent acronym. I had no idea btw that there was a difference between acronym and anacronym. See, SYG is filled with learning me.

I like the idea of a central intelligence. Nice and ordered. Get your smarts over here. I wonder if the war on terror would have gone more kick ass if they'd unhinged themselves from the centralized idea. Nomadic Intelligence. that sounds more 21rst century.

with that said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVBwb...eature=related
Old 10.04.2009, 06:02 PM   #53
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
The CIA would fail the Turing Test.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth