Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Clockclean er-Nevermind
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.30.2009, 01:23 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I had never heard this record till today. I had Babylon Rules, and I liked it at first, certainly admiring the heavy noise rock sound, but in the end, it got old quick. Babylon rules sounds like a band that wasn't entirely sure of what it wanted to be. Instead of combining a unique art damaged sensibility to heavy and catchy punk rock, it came off as something like a band that wasn't quite convincing as either. I was pleasently surprised then to hear Nevermind. The songs are just catchy hardcore meets biker rock tracks with jus the perfect amount of dissonance added to the right parts. Such as Blood River, a track that begins as a straight ahead enough rock track, but slowly degenerates into guitar noise madness, neanderthal drum pummeling, and holwed screams. I probably have to listen again, but on first listen I really dug it. it seems to me that Clockclean er broke up to avoid becoming a parody of themselves, as they probably wouldn't have ever sounded as pure as they did on this record. Especally with Vice Records encouraging them to be "hip".

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2009, 03:05 PM   #2
sarramkrop

In a way you're right about this because Babylon sounds like they did almost sound like the Pixies when they were about to run out of ideas. Then again, it's impossible to tell what they might have done next, so there's no answer to anything. It's a good record, not great. It's a personal opinion. I like Clockcleaner. We like Clockcleaner.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2010, 04:53 AM   #3
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Music and sports fans we have a nice surprise for you. The music trio once know as Clockclean er will be releasing their last recorded project Auf Wiedersehen in the fall on Load Records. Weeks later Fan Death will be re-issuing the 2005 LP Nevermind. This will feature new art and will be remastered by Jeff Zigler. This record will finally be on the format of vinyl. Look for information soon on pre orders and all the regular dumb crap that comes about when putting out a record.

Clockcleaner
Nevermind
FDR095

1. Interview with a Black Man
2. Missing Dick
3. New Slow
4. Deaf Man Talking
5. In the Shit
6. Blood Driver
7. Gentle Swastika
8. NSA
9. Early Man

To hear Interview with a Black Man go here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fan-De...s/202976779022
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2010, 07:56 PM   #4
kierkegaarden
children of satan

kierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asses
"Nevermind" is incendiary, one of my favorite albums. You're right, too... Sharkey expressed, in his own tasteful way, how unappealing life after the third album is.

Their last recording, "Ready 2 Fight", falls under parody in a way; a 15-minute sludge cover of a song by the band they were opening for. Still slays, though.

John now spends his time cleaning baby shit and blogging about baseball from Australia:

http://bigsharkeyshow.blogspot.com/

Edit: totally didn't see how old this post was. Fuck.
kierkegaarden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth