Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Henry Flynt
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.30.2008, 08:59 AM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I have become totally enamored with this guy's tunes. I got "Back Porch Hillbilly Blues" as a Christmas gift and have been listening to it non stop. In fact, I havn't even opened the Ash Ra Tempel, Miles "On the Corner", and the Ayler Holy Gost Boxsets because I'm too damn in love with this. I need more records buy this guy. I don't want much of his straight Avant stuff, but I'm more interested in his stuff that blends all the Avant shit with Bluegrass.

Oh yeah, let's also use this thread for Christmas gifts we got. Besides what I already mentioned:

The Kinks "Picture Book" Boxset (every kinks recording, ever)
Leather Jacket
Blue Cheer "Vincebus Eruptum" shirt
Darkthrone "Transylvanian Hunger" shirt
Agnostic Front "Victim in Pain" shirt
I-Pod/cd/casette combatible voice recording/karaoke machine (great for parties!)
Hoodies and shit
The Dark Knght dvd
The Killer dvd
Dario Argento DVD boxset (only his serial thrillers from Tenebre on, still amazing though)

and then a Guitar Center gift certificate for some new equip

I got some great shit this year, almost makes the $500 I spent on gifts worth it.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2008, 09:10 AM   #2
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
I-Pod/cd/casette combatible voice recording/karaoke machine (great for parties!)
put on some burzum and enjoy the fun
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2008, 11:01 AM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
on new years my friend greg is having an annual party and from 1-4 were gona do hip hop/hardcore karaoke. im stoked.

the machine also has great effects on it, i love kranking up the echo and saying ,"LLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDD" while Stockhausen's "Microphonie" plays in the background. The thing is also capable of some wicked feedback. My family has been getting rather annoyed with it though, as I'm sure my neighbors at my apartment in Arizona will when I go back to school. I already had to bring all my guitar gear over to my friend's house because he has minimal neighbors and a full garage (me and him have also started an electric guitar/drum machine duo called Turgid Stigma in said garage, more on that later).
Old 12.30.2008, 11:07 AM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The Killer and Tenebre are two of my all time favorite movies!

My family didn't get me anything for christmas. My girlfriend got me a few things though.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2008, 11:12 AM   #5
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I see Back porch Hillbilly Blues all of the time at the music store, but I never buy it, even though I've almost bought it many times.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2008, 03:10 PM   #6
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
The Killer and Tenebre are two of my all time favorite movies!

My family didn't get me anything for christmas. My girlfriend got me a few things though.

Lame man. I'm half Jewish half Catholic so when I was younger we used to do Channukah with one side of the family and Christmas with the other so I used to get loaded with gifts. My dad is an Atheist though so now we don't really do Channukah and just do Christmas as a celebration of being a family than anything having to religion. I don't mind though, my dad used to say to me, "Son, I grew up Jewish, and I can tell you there is one main difference between Christmas and Channukah: Christmas is great, and Channukah sucks." Haha. I think it might have to do with the fact that his parents being borderline insane than the actual holiday.

Christmas is always nice in my family though. We have a small extended family so it's easy to get everyone together. My dad and mom who are in the middle of a divorce were even getting along great. You gotta be pretty cynical to hate Christmas I think.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth