Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Next on Ecstatic Peace: Turbo Fruits
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.13.2007, 09:38 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses

Ecstatic Peace

Date: Jul 13, 2007 5:55 AMSubject: Turbo Fruits drops TuesdayBody: Also, playing some sick shows in the NYC area...

TURBO FRUITS
Thursday, 7/19 Maxwells, Hoboken, NJ (with Black Lips)
Friday, 7/20 Silent Bar (aka Raven’s Den, Brooklyn) (with Black Lips)
Saturday 7/21 Bowery Ballroom, NYC (with The Ponys + Jay Reatard)
Sunday 7/22 Asbury Lanes, Asbury Park (with The Ponys + J Reatard)
Sunday 7/29 Zebulan Bar, Brooklyn, NY (with Eye Contact)

And getting some sweet pre release reviews...

Nashville Scene: "We’ve not seen anything quite like it in some time, maybe ever. Pretty damn phenomenal."

Time Out New York: "Turbo Fruits’ effortlessly tuneful swagger reminds you in a flash that rock & roll is an either-you’ve got-it-or-you-don’t endeavor. This Nashville trio includes the guitarist and drummer from teen-punk sensations Be Your Own Pet but comes across as even more fun and raucous."

Wonkavision: “Jonas Stein may be single handedly reviving the true spirit of punk rock. The Be Your Own Pet guitarist takes over on vox for his spin-off band Turbo Fruits. It’s a frantic mess of Ramones punk rock with the playfulness of a kindergartner’s fingerpainted portraits. It’s disheveled, it’s chaos, but somehow it stays within its bounds. Turbo Fruits is a perfrect summer blitz for the young, messy and fast.”

Delusions of Adequacy: "Influenced by the 70’s punk scene, Turbo Fruits combines cheekily defiant lyrics and a spunky attitude to make irresistibly cool punk rock with a sense of humor."

XLR8R: "This Be Your Own Pet offshoot makes garage-rock the way it was meant–loose and bluesy, filled with lyrics about smoking dope, and by dudes under the age of 21. Just in time for summer, the sweaty foot stomping has begun."

URB’s Next 1000: "Call them the cowboys of indie rock: the Turbo Fruits have that country swagger with that indie soul."

Music For Robots: "Admittedly more indie than modern rock, they've got that loud pop thing going on. I love it…It's really quite good, full of everything you want a rock record to be."

Nashville Scene: "Turbo Fruits mine the punk rock spirit of the late ‘70s for their sound, a spastic mix of spunky MC5 giddy-up and glammy, feel-good guitar mayhem. Although the scenes they invoke were long dead before any of Turbo Fruits were even born, their frantic interpretations are irrepressibly fun, like a T. Rex record skipping. It’s hard to fathom a band with so much dope-smoking innuendo in their lexicon being as busy as they are, much less as fierce and, hell, lively as they sound on their recordings."

www.myspace.com/turbofruits www.turbofruits.com
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2007, 09:49 AM   #2
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
excellent i will check them out.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2007, 09:53 AM   #3
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
I'm in total agreement with ya! There's waaaaaaaaay too much of this shallow blah. Save it for the majors. Sum 41 fans buy this disc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
stupid, boring, typical, youth psuedo-punk bullshit wanna be rock n' roll garbage.

the world seriously needs less rock bands...esp. the ones that sound like this (and there are alot of them out there).
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2007, 10:30 AM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
okay but when is scissor shock releasing their ecstatic peace split with magik markers

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2007, 12:58 PM   #5
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
glad someone agrees with me...watch out though cause ill soon be given shit about how "you shouldnt be so negative cause they are really nice guys"

people are so fucking stupid.

I know that was directed at me. Again, I did not say you should listen to Awesome Color because they're nice folks, I said you shouldn't wish horrible deaths on them because they are nice folks.

And, yeah, people are so fucking stupid, aren't they?
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth