Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page SEBADOH LIVE VIDEO CLIPS from yours truly
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.03.2006, 10:53 AM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Hi everyone. I recorded these clips a year or so ago on Sebadoh's acoustic tour. It was fucking great. I finally uploade them to YOUTUBE.com
so here they are. enjoy and let me know what you think!

SEBADOH - "Careful"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=biR-GGeDhko

SEBADOH - "Lou's Story"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=n9_BItpAC80

SEBADOH - "On Fire"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kkKv4kKgQDM

SEBADOH - "Jason's story"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mgCLXa_lLjA
Old 04.03.2006, 01:35 PM   #2
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
thanks rob. careful is such a great song. makes me think of my girlfriend in tenth grade.

along with yr stuff there was a video of poledo. it says dinosaur and its just lou on the uke. wonder if this is from the recent tour or from the past
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 04:17 PM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Come on Guys! I have been dying to share these with you! someone else watch em!! he is a passive aggressive motherfucker!
Old 04.03.2006, 05:53 PM   #4
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks. Careful is one of my favorite Sebadoh songs.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 10:20 PM   #5
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
I love you!
Old 04.03.2006, 10:39 PM   #6
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
OMG This is awesome!!!

thankks!
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 10:53 PM   #7
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
"i to try and wanted kiss her that night. But it wasn't going happen. It never happened, you know. So I wrote a really mean song about her."

I've done that before. O yea!
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2006, 11:03 PM   #8
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Hey thanks.
Old 04.04.2006, 11:54 AM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I have no idea why the audio and video are not in sync here.
they were so fucking funny. Houston loves them some sebadoh
Old 01.13.2019, 04:54 AM   #10
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
this post is filed under the category "better late than never"

Very cool vids Rob, but the 4th link isn't working. Was there ever a 4th video? Did you by any chance record the full show or only these bits?

In 2011 I saw Sebadoh for the very first time in Doornroosje (which translates to Sleeping Beauty in English) in Nijmegen Netherlands, one of my favourite venues which sadly no longer exists, at least not in the same building. And apparently it's also a fave for these guys. This was for "the bakesale/harmacy remembering time tour". Until then I was just a casual fan, and there were too many songs I didn't like (the too lo-fi first albums especially) to get to really like the songs that I did like. And I would often skip many of Jason's songs because I preferred Lou's. I thought that Sebadoh was just a hobby project for Lou while he was away from Dinosaur Jr. Boy oh boy how wrong I was. After this night my viewpoint changed 560 degrees. Wow so many great songs, every song they played was brilliant even Jason's.

I taped that night as usual, but accidentally directly to mp3. So it never ended up on Dime, and that's a true shame because it was a blast from start to finish. And apparently I also never posted about it here, at least I don't find any reference on it on this board. But it is shared on freesofree.net at http://www.freesofree.net/albumdetail.php?AlbumID=528

And here's also a WeTransfer link, because that site's UI is a bit crappy and outdated

So go get it, you won't regret. For an unmastered untouched recording it sounds very good. I'm listening to it right now for the first time in like 5 years. I saw them a couple more times since then, the tapes of that have been shared on Dime. But it never was as awesomely awesome as this night.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.13.2019, 05:05 AM   #11
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
oh hey, I never saw this song! and it's been on Bandcamp for four years:
https://sebadoh.bandcamp.com/track/limelight

Quote:
In honor of Rush's 40th anniversary as Canada's best band, Sebadoh are releasing a cover of the classic song "Limelight". This is not a joke.
credits

released June 2, 2015

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2019, 09:04 AM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I gotta spread the rep

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth