Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Good British Rock Bands
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.17.2008, 06:00 PM   #121
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Oh well, I quite like them.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2008, 07:32 PM   #122
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
For shame!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2008, 07:33 PM   #123
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
They should never have sacked Steven Adler. That's my view of the whole thing.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2008, 02:39 PM   #124
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Stereolab
Broadcast (not so much on record, but certainly they're a rock band when they play live)
Ectogram
Electralane
Skill 7 Stamina 12
AMP
The Go! Team
Movietone
The Bevis Frond

-Metal Bands-
Emit
Benighted Leams

This list is excellent and filled with bands that I like. Movietone aren't easy to get into at first if you are new to them, but then they slowly grab you. Ectogram are another underrated band that should be heard more. The others I mentioned a few times before, including The Bevis Frond, I think.

It does surprise me a little that quite a few of the termbo bands remind me more than anything of quite a few of the British bands that I used to listen as a teen and 20-something, and still do. I like them a lot, don't get me wrong, it's just that I don't get why that sort of patrimony can't be seized by you Brits to salvage the dire state of this country's rock music at the moment.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2008, 03:41 PM   #125
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
On the 'can rock bands just be rock bands any more?', I think there's a degree of taste affecting things. They might not be as Guns big or as Jovi pop, but someone like Slipknot or ICP (to their fans) are big rock 'fuck you's to their parents. Whether I like them or not [Slipknot a bit, ICP not at all], that's what they do for 'the kids'. And if it's about fucking around and taking drugs, well, someone like Sunn O))) are clearly fighting the drug corner, as are plenty of others. Are Nickleback living that 'rock excess'? Possibly, or probably not (whatever the weather they're shit). I think the problem is that someone likes of Guns, Jovi, Aerosmith or whoever (regardless of whether I like them or not) just haven't had any tunes. Things will change, I'm sure.

I strongly suspect that the biggest junk-fiends doing the rounds at the moment are most likely Westlife. They're clearly always on the nose-fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2008, 03:42 PM   #126
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sorry, I appear to have an exceptionally tenuous point again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2011, 05:10 AM   #127
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
THE PHEROMOANS - Soft Targets [album "It Still Rankles", 2011]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDoBWNzIvTE&sns=fb
For fans of The Fall and The Shadow Ring.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2012, 01:45 PM   #128
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Rolling Stones - Between the Buttons

This is an awful album, pretty much every song is awful. If this was the first album you'd hear by them, I think you would laugh. Its awful. It is produced as a really lame pop-psych album. Usually a Stones album has a couple decent songs at least, somehow I'd never heard this until last night. Even Complications, which the Sex PIstols sort of so, sounds awful. This is the original UK release, not the US which had the pop hits Ruby Ruesday and Lets Spend the Night Licking Each Other's Armpits.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth