Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page In case you haven't noticed...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.15.2006, 01:32 PM   #41
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think this is your first time here...

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 01:34 PM   #42
Macaulay Culkin
little trouble girl

Macaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's asses
It's so hard to choose my favorite SY album. Most of it depends on mood at the time. But everyone has a Sonic Youth album/song of some sort that reminds them of the worst time in their life and the best.

So enjoy the SY you do like & don't listen to the SY you don't like.
It's really that simple.

junkieNOISEjunkie
Macaulay Culkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 01:36 PM   #43
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrybutitstrue
I'm not saying that, obviously you aren't understanding what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that the last 4 or 5 albums lacked the edge that they once had

dude Ive been hearing that "lack of edge" since 1985.....
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 01:44 PM   #44
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m^a(t)h
dude Ive been hearing that "lack of edge" since 1985.....

haha, thats true.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 02:03 PM   #45
sorrybutitstrue
empty page

sorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
I don't think this is your first time here...

Well you're right, technically yesterday was my first time. I can see I won't be able to slip anything past you. And judging from whoever it was that called me 'dude' I can see that you all probably knew too that I am a girl.
Now to recap my original point since it has obviously gotten lost in the sea of namecalling so unoriginal that my little brother could have come up with better insults when he was 5...

I have been to many many SY shows, many shows of them in other bands, have many many SY records on vinyl, and have a lot of other SY memorabilia from my days of liking them, including the cross from Sister tattooed on my arm. Would I ever get it removed? Of course not, it is an awesome tattoo.
BUT...I have been more and more disappointed with their releases though I have bought them all anyway, until this one, which I cannot bring myself to buy. They are just out of ideas. But the fact that they keep putting out bad records takes away from their good ones, at least for me, because they do not know when to quit. The only one who has any real talent is Lee, although I have nothing against Steve either. Now their music seems to appeal to people that don't really know the first thing about music but like to think they do, aka scenesters.
So before all you sonic brats get your panties in a bunch, for god sake listen to any Glenn Branca record and then you will realize that Thurston is not as innovative as you thought.

So in closing, does anyone want the two set lists of SY that I have? They are from 2004 one from Missouri and one from D.C. Obviously you all would enjoy them more than I am here, because they are sitting in a box in the closet.
sorrybutitstrue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 03:33 PM   #46
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
what's wrong with this board theese days? another CRAP thread!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 12:36 AM   #47
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
They ripped off Glenn Branca? I guess you'd say Nirvana were just ripping off the Pixies and the Melvins then...
Old 06.16.2006, 02:01 AM   #48
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Hello everyone. I used to like Sonic Youth a whole lot, back when they were good. But they have not been good for a while now, in fact now they are extremely boring and unimaginitive. They sound like a shadow of their former creative selves. And I have given their new records a shot. The last few records, only the Lee song has been good, and this new one is just awful all around. They have nothing left, especially now that Jim O'Rourke is gone. And I'm sorry but Kim cannot sing, and Thurston masturbating a guitar is not music. And it's not that I don't appreciate noise, I love it, when it is done well. Kim's voice sounded good with the style of music they were doing circa Dirty, but now it is the most grating voice ever because it no longer works with the music and all their songs sound the same. Not to mention the lyrics have just gotten cheesier and cheesier as time goes on.
But please don't get me wrong, I really did used to like them a lot. I have a few set lists from their earlier shows and many of their records on vinyl. But every record they put out these days I just lose more and more respect for them, so please if you are listening, do us all a favor and just stop making half assed records because I want to remember you as you were, not as you are now. And no more of those wanky solo projects either (except Lee).
I don't like you.
ZEROpumpkins is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 02:18 AM   #49
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
blah blah blah
we all are just bunch of fucking idiots

some of us more, some of us less

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 03:31 AM   #50
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
to the thread starter............
you are entitles to yr opinion but a couple of points of FACT. lees solo stuff are indeed an aquired taste but to call em wankery is just ignorant.....

2 ok you are a fan of the old stuff. by old do you mean confusion or dirty??? i dunno cuz youre kinda sitting on the fence on that one. you said you had vinyl so im guessing youre into the old blastfirst stuff so they are never gonna make another daydream or evol. do you wanna know why, THEY ARE ALL HITTING 50 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!! its called maturing, its called not wanting to rehash the same shit over and over again!!!!

3. you said you were a fan, so why sign up and post a fairly opinionated view and not stick around to discuss it with people. i like rather ripped. i like nurse. and i love murray st and nyc g&f. i like most of lees solo stuff. i love daydream, i love evol, i love confusion. im 31 years old. ive been listening to sonicyouth since i was 14... you do the math!!!!!

im glad they arent dishing out the same record for the last 15 years. it shows a band who just record and play what feels good at the time thats why every sy record has a different feel to it, but is still quintessentiallty sy.
dont mean to cause offence to the guy starting the thread but ambiguity is a clever way of not getting yr facts wrong!
Old 06.16.2006, 03:37 AM   #51
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
They are just out of ideas. But the fact that they keep putting out bad records takes away from their good ones, at least for me, because they do not know when to quit. Now their music seems to appeal to people that don't really know the first thing about music but like to think they do, aka scenesters.

ok ok ok, scensters. scenesters could pick up on someone with a lot more fashionable sense than sy. like the strokes or someother shit.... their music appeals to someone who knows notheing about music???? wtf?????
out of ideas????? THEYVE BEEN GOING 25 YEARS, THEY ARE HITTING 50 WHAT DO YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are making records to please themselves. you obviously havent read any interviews regarding rathr ripped! and youre note about comparing branca to thurston....... 2 completely different things. branca was a huge influence on thurston along with rhys chattam so obviously he is not going to be "as good" as them, nit picking. you dont like sy anymore fine ok but dont brand those who still do with your brush of ignorami!
Old 06.16.2006, 03:37 AM   #52
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
what's wrong with this board theese days? another CRAP thread!

agreed!
Old 06.16.2006, 03:42 AM   #53
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

^^^^^^ok, who is that aimed at^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06.16.2006, 03:52 AM   #54
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
to the thread starter............
you are entitles to yr opinion but a couple of points of FACT. lees solo stuff are indeed an aquired taste but to call em wankery is just ignorant.....

2 ok you are a fan of the old stuff. by old do you mean confusion or dirty??? i dunno cuz youre kinda sitting on the fence on that one. you said you had vinyl so im guessing youre into the old blastfirst stuff so they are never gonna make another daydream or evol. do you wanna know why, THEY ARE ALL HITTING 50 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!! its called maturing, its called not wanting to rehash the same shit over and over again!!!!

3. you said you were a fan, so why sign up and post a fairly opinionated view and not stick around to discuss it with people. i like rather ripped. i like nurse. and i love murray st and nyc g&f. i like most of lees solo stuff. i love daydream, i love evol, i love confusion. im 31 years old. ive been listening to sonicyouth since i was 14... you do the math!!!!!

im glad they arent dishing out the same record for the last 15 years. it shows a band who just record and play what feels good at the time thats why every sy record has a different feel to it, but is still quintessentiallty sy.
dont mean to cause offence to the guy starting the thread but ambiguity is a clever way of not getting yr facts wrong!

you're the man, pauly

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:06 AM   #55
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Please People this used to such a peacefully, Happy board (on the few on the internet...we are better than those wankers who argue all day). Stop arguing dudes....SONIC LOVE! lol
Old 06.16.2006, 08:12 AM   #56
sorrybutitstrue
empty page

sorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentatasorrybutitstrue chews with a vagina dentata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine
PS - You are entitled to your opinion, however you are not entitled to state it as fact. Good day, sir.

For the last time, I am a GIRL. Anyway, I've said what I have to say, and you all have proved your lack of ability to understand things and form a coherent and thoughtful reply time and time again. So thank you all for a lovely 3 days on this board. You have also reiterated to me in case I had any doubt, part of the reason that I don't like SY anymore. Boring, whiny fans. Adios.
sorrybutitstrue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:15 AM   #57
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Don't you have a Belle and Sebastian CD you should be listening to while writing poetry and crying or something?

Don't bring Belle and Sebastian into this, dickhead.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:20 AM   #58
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah,please don't.There is a time for Nokturnal Mortum but there is also a time for Belle and Sebastian.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:47 AM   #59
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
you're the man, pauly

yeah i second that!

this is like one of those occasions where your drunk/off the head with someone you dont really know and they turn around and say

" i used to think you were a right dickhead"

why bother?

i case you havent noticed indeed.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth