Reload this Page Teenage Suicide:
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.28.2010, 02:13 AM   #21
nokittymagic
empty page

nokittymagic has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
Why shouldn't you do it? Well, you know you can do it anytime you want. Because nobody tells you what to do except you.

But, here you are on this board. So now, whether it matters or not, you already have ppl who CARE ABOUT YOU. I'm not shitting you...

Why don't you hang with us for awhile? If nothing else, maybe we can take yr mind off yr problems for a bit. You will find out that you're not alone; many of us here are dealing with some pretty heavy shit as well.

thanks, i do like this site here....
but if i wanna do that to myself, the fact that my family'll be confused & sad probably won't mean anything to me. & i dont have friends, let alone close ones..... and i dont like myself & i read Sotos all the time and its fucked up.
yep
nokittymagic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2010, 04:34 AM   #22
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokittymagic
but if i wanna do that to myself, the fact that my family'll be confused & sad probably won't mean anything to me. & i dont have friends, let alone close ones..... and i dont like myself & i read Sotos all the time and its fucked up.
yep

A lesson I'll continue to keep on keepin' to learn the hard way is this...and I KNOW it's not anything new to you:

Just because things suck right now, does not mean that they will later. And of course, if you decide to kill yourself none of it will likely matter either way...but like I said earlier, death is a comin' regardless. You might as well stick things out....

Shit can, and does get interesting. Then it gets bad again, then awesome, then terrible...it's a never ending process.

Whenever I think of suicide, I just remember that Kurt C. guy and how he never got to hear Sonic Youth's Nurse....he really missed out. It's always been these little things, to me, that make life so worth living. That and all the endless possibilities...I don't want kids, but maybe one day I will. I don't believe in UFO's, but maybe some crazy ass shit will happen tomorrow that blows my mind....this world, this universe is a VERY supernatural place within itself, and even when things suck I remind myself as to how miraculous it is that I've even been given this chance at life to begin with. I don't think I'm here for any greater purpose or any of that shit....but that's despite the point....I'm here, I will die, I might as well experience as much as I can while I can before I drift into that big unknown that I (most likely) will have no sense of self-awareness in.

Being alone isn't such a bad thing IF it can be embraced and used to one's advantage. + I know all to well feeling lonely isn't much fun at all, but it can be overcame. Being alone, and feeling lonely are two very different things. If yr stuck in some routine that's dragging you down....change it!

KEEP THE FUCK ON! FOR REAL!
Old 08.28.2010, 05:44 AM   #23
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
it's good that you start this threat
you showed your love

it's always good to give an reminder
now and then
think of all the medication abuse and the unstability of young or older people

these are difficult things
and not predictable

most people don't understand what your talking about
it is good that you have done it

there can be an negative influance on young people
most of them don't know what time there in
whit all the choas
and they need someone to trust a friend
that life is ok
and having fun is ok
some laughter with this and that

and they can grow out of that
and there life is more free
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2010, 07:08 AM   #24
Youth_Against_Facism
stalker

Youth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's asses
Look on the bright side, suicide
Lost eyesight I'm on your side
Angel left wing, right wing, broken wing
Lack of iron and/or sleeping
Old 08.28.2010, 09:21 AM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
because you will always scar someone for life: your family and friends will feel guilty for the rest of their lives and never stop wondering if there was anything they could have done.

be careful with advising this to somebody who wants to "make them pay", i.e., use their own suicide as a punishment to others. it might serve as an encouragement. e.g:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
The worst one though was a friend who was seperated from his wife he was having an argument with her in front of his kids the argument heated up and he went outside to his car got his gun and walked back in and blew his brains out in front of her and the kids. I know several guys who swallowed bullets, others hung themselves.

the fact that this was done not to disappear but as a spectacle suggests that he meant to scar the other(s) for life with horror and guilt. guilt is a powerful weapon.

i think such a person should not be given incentives, i.e., be told that their ploy will be successful. "you'll scar them for life" "good! the bastards will pay!". an emotional kamikaze.

im no expert in suicide prevention btw. i only prevented my own non-teenage suicide when i thought i had no exit, but as it turned out, i did--- sometimes you just have to endure the shit long enough and a door opens. but different people have different motivations.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2010, 09:26 AM   #26
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathers#Soundtrack
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2010, 10:54 AM   #27
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
why shouldn't i (or other teens) do it??? i dont know you, so why are you saying this?.............. its a thing that ALWAYS pops into my head. and i believe there's more benefits from doing it than not doing it. i havent done it yet though.
You really ought to live with the feelings that losing a close one via suicide causes to people who tried to do their best to help them and give them enough love not to do it. The worst post I have read on this forum in quite some time.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2010, 11:15 AM   #28
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yep

I understand this as a teenager even into my twenties I couldn't keep a steady girlfriend, a steady job and I was a drug addict with more associates than actual friends. Eventually I got through it got married had children, had a career, definitely ended up with more friends than I could handle and got a handle on my drug addiction. Today I'm exceedingly happy yet as a teen and into my twenties I thought of suicide often. I got through, you can too. Talk to us we'll help you. If you don't want to put it out in public just PM whoever you like I'm sure everybody on this board will be more than happy to talk to you privately rather than not at all......
Old 08.28.2010, 08:53 PM   #29
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6q9XOBoqNE
Old 09.05.2010, 06:25 AM   #30
gast30
invito al cielo

2000 suicides
a gathering in brussels today

if i knew about i was there

they want to give more awareness about the problematic
2000 is the number of people
that commit suicide in belgium
in one year

they hoped to have 2000 people on the gathering
it wasn't that much
Old 09.05.2010, 06:33 AM   #31
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
I understand this as a teenager even into my twenties I couldn't keep a steady girlfriend, a steady job and I was a drug addict with more associates than actual friends. Eventually I got through it got married had children, had a career, definitely ended up with more friends than I could handle and got a handle on my drug addiction. Today I'm exceedingly happy yet as a teen and into my twenties I thought of suicide often. I got through, you can too. Talk to us we'll help you. If you don't want to put it out in public just PM whoever you like I'm sure everybody on this board will be more than happy to talk to you privately rather than not at all......

Have I told you lately that you kick ass, chicka?
Old 09.05.2010, 03:25 PM   #32
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
I love everyone around me far too much to put my selfish self-loathing in front of their feelings. Everybody has a little hard luck sometimes, and it takes motivation and putting things into action to turn your life around. You just got to keep on, kids. Shit gets better, I promise.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2010, 06:48 PM   #33
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth_Against_Facism
Look on the bright side, suicide
Lost eyesight I'm on your side
Angel left wing, right wing, broken wing
Lack of iron and/or sleeping

made me wanna listen to it.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 01:18 AM   #34
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
do it, but do me a a favor, say it was because of my band. we need the press.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 07:54 PM   #35
athurart09
empty page

athurart09 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
hello chout

Old 10.31.2010, 12:48 PM   #36
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Suicide sucks.

Also, I went out with a girl who said she would kill herself if we weren't together...I was young and dumb and stayed with her because of it.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2010, 03:24 PM   #37
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
more people should kill themselves.

suicide keeps things interesting and keeps us all on our toes.

its a healthy thing for a society, keeps it fresh, lets people get out of the way if they feel the need to. plus there is the hilarity factor.

more suicides, less reproduction.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2010, 09:02 AM   #38
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
more people should kill themselves.

suicide keeps things interesting and keeps us all on our toes.

its a healthy thing for a society, keeps it fresh, lets people get out of the way if they feel the need to. plus there is the hilarity factor.

more suicides, less reproduction.

yeah, it's awesome to have even more people walking around who are scarred for life because they feel like they haven't done enough to save their brother/sister/child/parent/friend. it's not just someone who disappears, it affects EVERYONE around the person, in an entirely different way than when someone dies in an accident or from cancer. our family lost an uncle five years ago, and everyone still feels awfully guilty about it. my grandfather has never been the same and lsot the motivation to even try staying in shape a bit, he just stopped walking and barely leaves his chair these days. my grandmother used to be a happy lady and now she just... lives. my mother and her other brothers have never been the same again. she tries to keep going on with life but breaks down from time to time. the uncle who found him has felt extremely guilty for a long time, he kept wondering what had happened if he had stopped by a little earlier.

other people who lost friends this way feel the same: no matter what happened, you always keep asking yourself: what if i had said this or this, would it have helped? is there something i could have done? what made him feel so awful he thought this was the only solution?

suicide sucks. people start blaming each other. it is the worst way to die because no matter how you do it or what your situation is, someone else will always be hurt or affected, and this doesn't just go away.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2010, 09:29 AM   #39
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
i am not going to pretend i care about your uncle or anything. i dont know if this is what you were intending by that but if you are claiming people should stay alive out of fear of hurting others then you are condemning them to a guilt trap that can only produce misery. if you are saying people should think "it is my duty to stay alive to not burden others with the misery of my death" then this is a recipe for disaster. noone should accept this hypothetical imposition of moral standards. because to try and hold up superstitions simply for the fact you are supposed to out of some guilt trip blackmail is no foundation for a psychologically balanced life. the problem lies in the assumptions of what life is supposed to be, and your application of assumptions onto others. you talk about how all these people have "never been the same", well that is there problem. not the person who killed themselves. it sounds more like they are just nostalgic for the way things were for THEM before the person killed themselves. yet in a way this is selfish because altho they all may have felt better the person who committed suicide obviously didn't. the problem is they are basing their perception of his life and their past social interaction with a manifestation of what his inner pyschic life was like. this is of course all we can ever do as human beings, its a limit in what our thought processes can accomplish, and it can drive some to depression. the sensible attitude is to learn to deal with it, not get depressed and then try to warn others to take suicide more seriously because of the suffering it causes. this is a tactic that is just not good enough to work.

probably they are confused aswell and frightened because they have to deal with their own self perception and fear of death. when someone commits suicide those that bear witness to it are left with the appalling conclusion that no matter what facade of bio security they can erect to shield themselves from the inevitability of death, for that person who died it obviously didn't matter. then they are stuck wondering "well if only the conclusions and inner life that keeps me going could have been somehow shared with this person." well it couldnt have, it it could have happened it would but it didn't. there is nothing else to do but deal with this fact. in trying to think of "reasons" they could have given the person to stay alive, they are are forced into having to apply those own reasons to their own will to live, and of course they can rarely ever measure up, and this is quite distressing.

its not a matter of simply applying a sort of mock seriousness to the subject "ohhhh, don't make fun of suicide, it really hurts people you know!" this isn't good enough, and in this attitude i find problems.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2010, 09:45 AM   #40
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
my family was shocked by the idea that someone they loved felt so miserable he was capable of buying a shotgun and blowing his brains out, not because they miss the times they had with him. his girlfriend was basically chased out of the house by my grandfather, who believed it was her fault. i'm not saying people should stay alive because they will burden people with their death, becuse someone who is truly suicidal won't think of that: they are in a tunnel with death as their only option. i meant to say that it does offer a great deal of suffering in a society, among the living and 'healthy' people. i found your post to be very rude, especially the talk about the 'hilarity factor'. there is nothing hilarious about it.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth