Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Old Testament "God" is a punk bitch
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.10.2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." (Genesis 3:22)

I love how many religions and fake-religions cast the Old Testament "God" as a fucking angry asshole psychotic, like if the world was ruled by a jerk-off bratty kid, or by a lunatic. It makes me laugh,.
Old 09.10.2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Who is "US?" and why the editing to say "The Man" and not the "man and Woman" since both ate? God is a bitch.
Old 09.10.2013, 03:49 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Blah Blah Woof Woof Rob being childish meh

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2013, 03:50 PM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

for real. the Old Testament god is seen by Gnostics and by many others as a demiurge, pretending to be the true god.
Old 09.10.2013, 03:50 PM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

They also see the serpent in the Garden of Eden as man's saviour in the fight against this demiurge YHVH
Old 09.10.2013, 05:15 PM   #6
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I read the old testament last year (for the first time in my life despite 12 years at catholic school) and yeah, God comes across and totally psychotic, which makes me understand why we didn't ever read it at school beyond the creation myth and cain and abel.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
They also see the serpent in the Garden of Eden as man's saviour in the fight against this demiurge YHVH

And why place the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil in the middle of the Garden of Eden?

Surrounding this tree with all the others that were pleasant to the sight and good to eat......why not stick the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil off in a corner, out of sight and out of mind?
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2013, 05:34 PM   #8
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." (Genesis 3:22)

I love how many religions and fake-religions cast the Old Testament "God" as a fucking angry asshole psychotic, like if the world was ruled by a jerk-off bratty kid, or by a lunatic. It makes me laugh,.

What are fake religions?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2013, 05:36 PM   #9
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
"god is like a shitty girlfriend"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQuyC3eLgVA

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2013, 05:52 PM   #10
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
And why place the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil in the middle of the Garden of Eden?

Surrounding this tree with all the others that were pleasant to the sight and good to eat......why not stick the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil off in a corner, out of sight and out of mind?
because he's a fucking sadistic dicksnatch

but seriously-- this is all bronze-age fairytales

best forgotten
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2013, 05:54 PM   #11
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
What are fake religions?

haa haa haa...

but i think he actually wants to mean "fallacious cosmologies"

as in-- there is a right explanation for it all, somewhere, it's just not this one
Old 09.10.2013, 06:25 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Originally Posted by God(s)
Hey Rob, pssss.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2013, 08:11 AM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

best forgotten does not mean will be forgotten. we are still carrying the bullshit of our forefathers.
Old 09.12.2013, 08:12 AM   #14
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
What are fake religions?

the ones that have no theology or cosmology and just seek to part their followers from their money.
Old 09.12.2013, 08:28 AM   #15
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
You can't project human qualities onto God, He's not a human. God can't be psychopathic, He's not human. I imagine He has about as much regard for humans as we do for a tank of farmed salmon. He's got an infinite universe to consider.

That language is interesting - "like one of us" - there are a lot of inconsistencies in the Old testament, it is fascinating reading - the whole Yahweh vs Jehovah thing...Sitchin is the closest to the answer I think.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2013, 08:56 AM   #16
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I dunno. Have you thought about it from God's perspective?

How much human nonsense would you tolerate before you got bitchy?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2013, 09:13 AM   #17
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^read first line of tesla's post.
Though...it's pretty funny to think about.

I just don't believe this thing people call God is conscious like some make it seem to be.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.12.2013, 09:23 AM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

all I am saying is that the "god" described in the Old Testament is a punk ass bitch, full of human emotions and qualities, such as petty jealousy, vindictiveness, forgetfulness, negligence, active hate, rage, etc.

It sounds more like Zeus than the antiseptic goodie goodie love machine that modern religions claim as the thing to worship and follow.

I love how some religious folk claim their god is infallible and omniscient and all-good and yet they ascribe all the evil in the world to the actions of some fallen angel who seems to have equal power to their god and who causes evil to happen with god unable to do jack shit about it.

what a punk bitch. Got played by his own creation (Satan).
Old 09.12.2013, 09:48 AM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I dunno. Have you thought about it from God's perspective?

How much human nonsense would you tolerate before you got bitchy?

ha ha ha. this is like discussing unicorn biology.
Old 09.12.2013, 10:06 AM   #20
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

It sounds more like Zeus than the antiseptic goodie goodie love machine that modern religions claim as the thing to worship and follow.

Now we're on to something.

It wasn't until somewhat recently (past 100 years or so) when Jesus himself turned into the Prince of Peace, your hippie pal, the dude who carried you on the beach or whatever.

Until then, Jesus was a fiery, judgmental guy.

Or else so holy that how dare you assume to have a friendship with him.

Some very successful PR work has been done with his image in the past century.

--

As for God Itself (not a "He", you sexist asshole, or a "She" you fake feminist wannabe), God is the Boss not your Buddy.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth