Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page How are these TV shows?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.11.2009, 07:53 PM   #1
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
Lost
The Wire
The Office
I don't like TV too much, besides, like, Arrested Development. I can never find anything that interests me, but I've always heard things about these shows? How are they?

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2009, 08:06 PM   #2
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Lost is good. Getting a little too far out there these days, but there's only 1 season to go. I don't watch any of the others.
Old 04.11.2009, 08:11 PM   #3
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
the wire is damn good. lost is crap and the office is ok for background stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2009, 08:13 PM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The Office is alright, though the British one is better.

Lost is a little less than decent. Reminds me of that movie Troma's War. They even use lines from it!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2009, 10:12 PM   #5
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Lost = really great
The Wire = Never seen
The Office = Very Funny, but some episodes aren't that great.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2009, 10:16 PM   #6
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

Lost is a little less than decent. Reminds me of that movie Troma's War. They even use lines from it!

Seriously??? Do you think that's intentional! Troma's War is definitely one of Lloyd's early materpieces. I guess a bulk of it was filmed in his mom's yard. Haha.

Adam, you must've read Lloyd's books right? If not you should at least read Everything I Ever Wanted To Know About Film Making I Learned From The Toxic Avenger. It's the better of the two. Lot's of good anecdotes.
Old 04.11.2009, 10:57 PM   #7
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Lost is not crap, it is far out there but it was always the plan to take it to that place I guess.

If you've watched it from the first season, in order, over the years since hte pilot like I have, it's great. Otherwise don't bother. I just tried to explain the premace of the past 5 years to my sister and sounded like a lunatic.

That's when you know you have a great story.

Never saw the movie you said it reminded you of, but I bet that's pretty good too.

I'm also partial to it because since about season 2, I thought it had something to do with Egypt or some kind of ancient culture, and it appears I was right judging by this season.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2009, 11:36 PM   #8
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
"Lost" is good but not the masterpiece that some would have you believe. So many creators of shows with a mythology would have you believe they have the series planned out from pilot to series finale. When in fact they are making it up season to season. I think most shows are like that, even when the creators tell you there is a plan and they know where they are going.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2009, 12:08 AM   #9
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Lost had a rough idea planned out from the beginning. About halfway thru where they started and where they are now, they started winging it. Yr right about that, but from about the middle of season 4 or so, I believe they had it finished. From what I've heard matthew fox knows the ending and is the only cast member that has that priveledge.

Sometimes I thought the story was getting really whack really fast, but somehow they keep managing to save their ass, at least from my point of view. Like I thought it was becoming too drenched in science and steering away from the mystery of season 1. Now it seems to be coming full circle, ya know?
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2009, 02:21 AM   #10
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I gave up on Lost. There was never any pay off, just suspense to suspense to suspense. Turn in a week later, and they're on the moon or some shit.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2009, 06:45 AM   #11
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Seriously??? Do you think that's intentional! Troma's War is definitely one of Lloyd's early materpieces. I guess a bulk of it was filmed in his mom's yard. Haha.

Adam, you must've read Lloyd's books right? If not you should at least read Everything I Ever Wanted To Know About Film Making I Learned From The Toxic Avenger. It's the better of the two. Lot's of good anecdotes.

I'm not sure of all the details, because Lloyd explained it to my girlfriend when I wasn't around, but there is an actor and producer and some other key people involved in the making of Lost that were involved in Troma's War. There's some other stuff, but yeah it's intentional.

And yeah I have all his books. He has 3 now. I got his last couple for free from the man himself. I don't really talk about it on here, but Lloyd is a friend of mine and my girlfriend's. I've hung out with him and had dinner and he gives me free movies and other stuff often. Though I only see him a few times a year.

Old 04.12.2009, 07:04 AM   #12
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
the office is pretty agreat, but its no flight of the conchords/peep show/arrested development.

lost ive never seen.

The Wire is a MASTERPEICE

seriosly, one of the GREATEST tvshows ever!

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2009, 07:06 AM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

fugazifan, did you see my other post. Freak of Araby: http://www.mediafire.com/?1gr3wi2lkmo

Old 04.12.2009, 07:23 AM   #14
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
And yeah I have all his books. He has 3 now. I got his last couple for free from the man himself. I don't really talk about it on here, but Lloyd is a friend of mine and my girlfriend's. I've hung out with him and had dinner and he gives me free movies and other stuff often. Though I only see him a few times a year.
Tell him to issue some of that Giuseppe Andrews stuff because his stuff is nonexistant it seems.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2009, 07:35 AM   #15
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

You can get period piece, touch me in the morning, trailer town, and his short "dribble" on the best of tromadance vol. 3 from troma.

All the rest, you can order off of his website. I have 17 of his films. He destroys all his old films. So, I'm missing some. But Troma owns the rights to about 10 of them that I DON'T have that they've been supposed to release for years. I've brought it up to Lloyd and he said it'll come out one day. Troma's having money problems.

Old 04.12.2009, 09:49 AM   #16
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
And the ones Troma have are all out of stock and bloody expensive. (I guess $20 may not be THAT much but considering I'll pay half of that in shipping...)

EDIT: the best of tromadance dvd is out of stock as well...
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2009, 04:42 PM   #17
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

All those films are probably on half.com or amazon.com for like $2 or $3. I've only paid $20 once in my life for a movie. I know you're not in the U.S. but shipping rates can't be that high, can they?

Old 04.12.2009, 05:34 PM   #18
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
The Office was fantaaaaaaastic its first 3 seasons, but now its all jim&pam drama and some of the episodes leave me feeling really sad because i get so wrapped up in fictional charecters &their bull shit.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.12.2009, 05:56 PM   #19
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'm not sure of all the details, because Lloyd explained it to my girlfriend when I wasn't around, but there is an actor and producer and some other key people involved in the making of Lost that were involved in Troma's War. There's some other stuff, but yeah it's intentional.

that's awesome man. Really cool. He seems like such a cool guy. I've read his first 2 books anyway, and loved them.
Old 04.12.2009, 05:57 PM   #20
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Lost is good, but it can suck at times because of how ridiculous it gets.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth