Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The 2020 USA Election Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.26.2020, 07:39 PM   #461
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
This could go on the other thread, but since it's basically a consequence of the motherfucker's defeat...

Trump pardons former national security adviser Michael Flynn

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2020, 09:10 AM   #462
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel

He reminds me of my high school History teacher, imagine him in 10 years standing in front of a classroom, no matter what happens in the near future:
"Ok kids, today's topic is Democrazy. Any questions?"

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2020, 09:36 AM   #463
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Speaking of banana republics, this is going on in my country:

Baudet Quits as Head of Dutch Far-Right Forum for Democracy

The party has literally imploded! All the key politicians have stepped down, others have said they would step down if Baudet remains active.

I wish some Republicans made the same statement to Trump....

Damn, this is turning out into the best political soap operas ever, globally.
Here's a Google translation of the latest article

Basically Baudet has been told to leave, but they can't expel him. And he refuses to leave, because he is the founder. So now everybody else is leaving the Forum For Democracy party, in the Senate (First Chamber), in many of the provincial governments and possibly also in European government.

Yesterday Baudet was the guest in the daily morning news tv program. On the phone was one of his former loyals and ex-girlfriend too. She said she wanted him out, he was nearly crying live on national TV. Here's the YouTube clip
(Language is Dutch of course but see his reaction at 1:20)

Yes this is too off topic, but there are similarities. Imagine if Trump is told to leave the Republican party at some point and he refuses...

Old 11.27.2020, 10:09 AM   #464
_tunic_
invito al cielo

That Trump tattoo was apparently a prank, judging from this video and its comments and it's 4 years old

But here's someone with Trump cut out on the back of his head!!

Old 11.27.2020, 01:59 PM   #465
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2020, 03:45 PM   #466
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Well whaddayaknow...

Quote:
Diplomatic Ties

On the first rock critic Secretary of State

By Robert Christgau

Shortly after we learned that our next president had selected someone named Antony Blinken as his Secretary of State came an email from Greil Marcus with a subject line I admired so much I quoted it on Twitter: “First rock critic Secretary of State. But probably only 73rd Harvard one.” Inside was a link to Blinken’s review of the last and least pious of Bob Dylan’s three “Christian” albums, Shot of Love, in the October 3, 1981 Harvard Crimson. Only 19 at the time, sometime musician and future Harvard magna Blinken quickly became a big deal at the Crimson, editing its arts magazine as well as contributing many political pieces. But I’ve located only three additional album reviews, all from 1982: Lou Reed’s The Blue Mask March 19, Marshall Crenshaw September 25, the Who’s It’s Hard October 2.

Those four albums split into pairs. Dylan and the Who were ‘60s heroes trying to keep their bearings as the ‘70s dwindled into an ever-receding past. Both failed. Dylan followed his Christian trinity with four skeptically reviewed secular albums and two worse live ones before righting himself somewhat with 1989’s Oh Mercy. And the Who simply threw it in—after It’s Hard, which Blinken reckoned “triumphantly reaffirms the power and relevance of Townshend's music” and most reckoned a strident art-rock disaster, they didn’t release another album for 24 years. But Blinken’s other two choices were different. The melodically fetching, lyrically humorous and humane Crenshaw was just beginning his long career as the pop demigod God forgot. And although Reed came up in the ‘60s, by 1982 he was more punk godfather than rock hero, and in the wake of his up-and-down ‘70s The Blue Mask was a breakthrough and everybody knew it—although fewer including Blinken understood how much it owed his fruitful partnership with supple bassist Fernando Saunders and his fraught fling with doomed guitarist Robert Quine. So while over there Blinken staked a claim on the halcyon ‘60s, over here he let Harvard know that the rock cornucopia hadn’t yet run dry by devoting column inches to two Pazz & Jop top 10s.

Still scouting for talent as Village Voice music editor back then, I ask myself how I might have responded if Blinken had sent me these clips, which while solid enough could use more spark. Depends on the pitch letter is my guess, which given what became of him he probably would have aced. But Blinken had other plans—several, actually. Because understand—at 19, this kid had already lived the kind of privileged life that destines you for something big if it doesn’t mess you up altogether. His father was a New York investment banker, his stepfather a heroic Holocaust survivor who became a big-time attorney. Through his mother, who managed Merce Cunningham’s company, his father, president of the Mark Rothko Foundation after the painter’s children won rightful control of it, and his stepfather, who represented Christo in Paris and a bevy of movie stars in Hollywood, he brushed shoulders with major artists throughout his childhood and was still dabbling in the movie business in his thirties. But instead he wound up as first a speechwriter for and then a director of Bill Clinton’s National Security Council.

In 2001, when Blinken was 38, he married the decade-younger Evan Ryan, a Clinton White House aide who would ultimately become Barack Obama’s Assistant Secretary of State for Cultural Affairs. And shortly thereafter began the long relationship with then-senator Joe Biden that will soon make Blinken Secretary of State unless Mitch McConnell is even viler than we think. Blinken isn’t the international peacemaker of dreams—his commitment to democracy comes with an interventionist streak that would have sent the military to not just Syria but Libya. But he remains a wide-ranging and impressive guy who’s never stopped playing music. There’s even video of him sitting in on “Hoochie Coochie Man” with a band of D.C. luminaries dubbed the Coalition of the Willing. Blinken’s respectful yet unabashed vocal turns Muddy Waters’s brag into a kind of sacred text, its cooch, black cat bone, and $700 remnants of an honorable history that’s then lifted into a transformed present by 16 spectacular bars from none other than Skunk Baxter, whose post-music biz career calculating ballistic weapons risk once had him considering a House run as a Republican.

But this is by no means the most daring music in Blinken’s resume, because soon after the Harvard Crimson revelations came the Spotify revelations—under the moniker ABlinken (say it aloud if you don’t get the joke, an impudent one for a Secretary of State), Blinken is as of this writing still streaming two midtempo songs b/w guitar, bass, and drums plus hints of synthesized strings and high male background vocals. One is called “Patience” and the other “Lip Service,” of which my tipster Marcus wrote: “This isn't as bad as ‘Patience,’ which is real background music for whatever soft family series is currently filling the `Thirtysomethings’ slot.” Ahh, Greil—as so often happens, I disagree. Blinken’s soft-edged baritone delivers two effective if not quite catchy melodies, and both songs are distinguished lyrically, “Patience” especially. One reason I got interested in Blinken’s marriage is that I’d gathered that it involved a long courtship, and long courtships are something that interest me—under radically dissimilar circumstances, I pursued my own wife for two years before we finally coalesced in 1972. So I’m well aware that in a music full of love songs I take more seriously than most critics, not many are about patience, and not many more begin like “Lip Service”: “I took a look around nothing to see/But then I finally found someone like me.”

That couplet would seem a strange sentiment for a diplomat, whose job is finding common ground with others, only maybe it isn’t. Diplomatic conversation, after all, is by definition calculated no matter how warm the underlying personal connections—one doesn’t exclude the other. Later in the song, in fact, the lover thinks like a diplomat: “I want to convince you,” and even more, “I know it’s a mistake/To open my heart/Make things too easy/Shed light on the dark.” But I still don’t understand exactly what “lip service” means—something about kissing? Anyway, calculation isn’t my way—I’ve been getting by on candor my whole life. That’s one reason I prefer “Patience,” which finds itself driven to actual truth-telling: “Patience is walkin’ around with you/When I know your heart isn’t mine/Patience is not knowin’ what to do/And the thought that I could be tryin’ harder.” Then it’s “Help me now, ‘cause patience is dyin’.” And then: “Patience is the test of life itself/And to fail would be suicidal.” And throughout: “I think that I could love you for our lives.”

Love songs with a fresh angle are rare, and many would call this one a deception—after all, statistics prove that love for life is a doomed fantasy more often than not. But you have to admit one thing. You’re a lot more likely to make that fantasy happen than to broker world peace.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 11.27.2020, 05:39 PM   #467
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Trump campaign loses appeal over Pennsylvania race

The three-judge panel of the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals determined that “the Campaign’s claims [of widespread voter fraud in the state] have no merit,” according to the court’s opinion.

“Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy,” Judge Stephanos Bibas, a Trump appointee, wrote in the 21-page opinion, according to the AP. “Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2020, 05:43 PM   #468
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

The three-judge panel of the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals determined that “the Campaign’s claims [of widespread voter fraud in the state] have no merit,” according to the court’s opinion.

“Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy,” Judge Stephanos Bibas, a Trump appointee, wrote in the 21-page opinion, according to the AP. “Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”

Love it. LOVE. IT. Braindead Peltor, if you have any decency left (doubtful), leave this board forever now.

Old 11.27.2020, 07:21 PM   #469
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Love it. LOVE. IT. Braindead Peltor, if you have any decency left (doubtful), leave this board forever now.

NEVER, souP!

Did the cottonheaded ninnymuggins fail to remember what Mr. Robert Schunk shared earlier this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
It really doesn't matter, as Biden is, indeed, the President-Elect, even though not a single Presidential Elector has yet cast a vote! (That won't happen until 14 December, 2020.)

Republican David Valadao wins election to U.S. House in California's 21st Congressional District, beating incumbent Rep. TJ Cox.

Soooooo Republicans flip ANOTHER house seat held by a Democrat. It’s hard to fathom Republicans flipping 13 House Seats in battleground states (7 more seats pending) while at the same time a blue wave of 80 MILLION votes carried Sleepy Joe to victory???

According to Attorney Lin Wood: “Joe Biden Will NEVER Be President Of The United States

Post while you may!!!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2020, 07:34 PM   #470
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
toldja he’s never gonna honor that worthless bet because there’s only one way this can go in his addled mind
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2020, 07:39 PM   #471
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Old 11.27.2020, 07:49 PM   #472
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Trump LOST

Biden WON

The sooner you admit it, the sooner someone may consider you a bit sane.
Old 11.27.2020, 09:46 PM   #473
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Dotard wants Biden to prove a negative in order to enter the White House. Yup, par for the course: it's how MAGAssholes' irrational minds work. And maybe Agent Orange is believing his own horseshit by now - does it... make a difference? Fuck him.

Old 11.28.2020, 02:53 AM   #474
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
NOT SO FAST

Judge McCullough issues TRUMP campaign a favorable opinion:

- Commonwealth barred from taking ANY further steps to certify results
- Issues raised found to be of "statewide and National concern"
-"likelihood to succeed on the merits"

Quote:

Old 11.28.2020, 02:58 AM   #475
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Arizona State Legislature to hold hearing on election integrity Monday, November 30, 2020
Old 11.28.2020, 03:56 AM   #476
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
It really doesn't matter, as Biden is, indeed, the President-Elect, even though not a single Presidential Elector has yet cast a vote! (That won't happen until 14 December, 2020.)

I wasn’t going to mention January 6th, well......not until after December 14, but seeing how CNN is now talking about it : )

If Donald nor Joe reaches 270 electoral votes, the U.S. House of Representatives would each cast a single vote and Vomit Pelosi would be forced to “gavel in” President Donald Trump’s second term......just something for the free minded freethinkers to consider while enjoying your thanksgiving leftovers today!
Old 11.28.2020, 04:38 AM   #477
GravitySlips
children of satan

GravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's asses
Biden won, Bytor.
GravitySlips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2020, 08:31 AM   #478
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
...just something for the free minded freethinkers to consider while enjoying your thanksgiving leftovers today!

are you using ‘freethinkers’ as a pejorative?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2020, 01:25 PM   #479
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Biden’s winning margin increased by 257 In Wisconsin after the Trump campaign paid $3 million for a recount.

If you’re counting, that’s $11,673.15 per vote.
Being a crybaby is really expensive when you have too much money.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2020, 02:58 PM   #480
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
I heard somewhere that 50% of Repukes believe that Biden's win is legitimate. (Or 50% illegitimate....glass half full/empty....)

Anyway, if this is true, isn't that progress?

They are not all Bytoads!! (Thank fuck I can't see his bullshit....unless you guys quote it.)
212223 24 25262734 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth