Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The SYG-artists thread: discuss each others' demos
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.09.2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I searched and didn't find a simular thread, so here we go.
The point of this thread is that we upload the new songs/demos we've made so that others can give a second opinion.
Share tips, recording techniques and all that jazz and give constructive criticism.
Here's a little something I made today:
http://rapidshare.com/files/27783362...touch.mp3.html

Now post the latest tracks you've made!
Old 09.09.2009, 04:24 PM   #2
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
cool! i'll listen to this when i get home. my band just needs to mix the 4 songs we recorded and we will have our first demo. i will be sure to post it! GAMBLE, GAMBLE, DIE. EP COMING SOON!!!
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2009, 09:34 PM   #3
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Cool idea! Waiting to download...

Reminds me a bit of Spacemen 3 mixed with Spiritualized. It's a little harsh/piercing for my taste, but I think I could handle it better if I were listening through the stereo instead of my lap-top. I really like the part that kicks in around 2:58.

And to be a full part of this thread, here are my two EPs and the Mozart stuff I've done:

The Nth Generation InstruMENTAL EP

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's a MIDI File EP

Mozart's Symphony No. 35 in D
I. Allegro con Spirito
II. Andante
III. Menuetto - Trio
IV. Presto
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2009, 09:41 PM   #4
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Just listened to "Losing Touch" and the music reminded me of a Pixies meets Times New Viking tune. I guess the TNV comes from it being a demo and all, but I really like the way it was recorded. The vocals are pretty ace. I like the guy's voice. The breakdown at the four-minute part was the highlight for me.

Second time listening to it, I wish the vocals were a little more clear (but I understand where you're going with the murkiness). Once again, the ending is pretty damn cool.

http://www.soundclick.com/diiig

I have a demo of 11 tracks from the summer. They all have vocals, but I wasn't comfortable with them yet, so I axed them.

Let me know what you guys think of "Summer 9."
If you like it, give the other 10 a try.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2009, 09:43 PM   #5
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.myspace.com/therillos

so many things wrong with those but it was fun.

stevOK - those instrumentals are awesome. they all sound so different too. what do you use?

& losing touch is dreamy
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2009, 09:47 PM   #6
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
TheDom - you're right, your tunes are really fun. I love the guitar style and vocals. Honestly, keep doing what you're doing. "Fuck bitches like a man"... haha, too cool.

StevOK - downloading your stuff now.
Old 09.09.2009, 09:54 PM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Too bad I deleted mine in order to install the new Mac OS.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2009, 09:56 PM   #8
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
samuel - checked Summer 9. I really like the chords you used and the lead part. The distortion didn't quite sync up right, but it's a really cool track. It goes to a lot cool places. I want to sample or re-mix it, I think.

Dom - I really like your band! Nice blend of funk/blues with the hip-hop. I'm going to have to listen to more of it tomorrow.
I use FL Studio and whatever I happen to have lying around.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2009, 10:04 PM   #9
samuel
the end of the ugly

StevOK - very interesting pieces. They're something I would love to listen to on a long drive or before bed. They sort of take you somewhere else. I'm not the biggest electronics guy, but I really enjoyed listening to your tunes.

By the way, thanks for listening through Summer 9. I figured people might get bored with it in the beginning and stop. Getting this song to fit together was a pain. All my other tracks were easy as shit. I need to work on it much more.
Old 09.09.2009, 10:59 PM   #10
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
yeah losing tough sounds cool, i see the times new roman refrence, also a bit like jesus and mary chain in my opinion. overall i enjoyed it.
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2009, 11:47 PM   #11
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
This is a cool idea for a thread, will have to get back to it when I'm not downloading the entire erstwhile discography.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2009, 12:13 AM   #12
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Not into filesharing.

Please just click the MySpace (fuck Facbook's "verification" bullshit) link in my sig.
Old 09.10.2009, 04:20 AM   #13
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.archive.org/details/Demos_1
Probably the best thing I've done.

http://www.myspace.com/originalbandits
Group I'm in. some not so bad improvised ones... not bad. we're capable of much better. new recordings will be up in the coming weeks
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2009, 06:12 AM   #14
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Samuel, I listened to track 9. I like the song-structure and I think it definately has potential. Would have loved to hear the vocals on it though. I like the part at 3:45 in particular.
Old 09.10.2009, 06:29 AM   #15
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Neat thread! I haven't had much time lately to write music, but here is a demo of one of my latest tracks: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zdou3em2deo
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2009, 08:19 AM   #16
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Here

Some guff I demoed for a film soundtrack that didn't make it to the final cut. I'll probably re-record the maqam at some point, but it's here for posterity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2009, 03:34 PM   #17
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOK

I listened to these earlier. Personally, not my thing, but fair play for making Mozart into computer game music. I will say though, you did seem to get a lot of the volume dynamics about right, just... I don't really like any of the timbres used and there's a bit much drum (-esque) sounds on a lot of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2009, 05:19 PM   #18
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
http://www.archive.org/details/Demos_1
Probably the best thing I've done.

I think I have one of these tapes. I always loved that cover of simple twist. & of course I WANNA BE YR DOG haha that was fun.

downloading the rest of everyone's shit right now...
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2009, 06:13 AM   #19
Sonic Youth Gossip
stalker

Sonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's asses
If you're into electronic music then stay tuned for my album to drop.
Sonic Youth Gossip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2009, 06:22 AM   #20
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
I like the sound of your guitar Trasher and I really like side A of your demo tape finding nobody. I'll get round to checking out everybody's stuff when I have the chance.

I was thinking about doing a whole album of freight train covers, this is the first 'demo' but is more like a total piss take

http://rapidshare.com/files/278532521/g.mp3.html
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth