Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page RIP Neil Peart
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.10.2020, 04:29 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5422806

Neil Peart passed away Tuesday from brain cancer complications.
Old 01.10.2020, 04:30 PM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I was never the biggest fan of Rush, but I admired the shit out of them, for doing what they wanted when they wanted and F U to anyone who said otherwise.

Neil Peart's drumming man.....
Old 01.10.2020, 04:54 PM   #3
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
A lot of my friends especially a couple of them are huge Rush fans. I never got on with Rush but the respect was there.

Worst thing is I messaged one of them about it. He replied saying how he was literally thinking the other day about how upset he'd be if Peart died. Without thinking I replied "ah man, that's a killer". Felt bloody awful saying that.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2020, 05:34 PM   #4
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Moving Pictures was my first CD purchase, I already had the cassette and LP. My first time seeing them was at the Houston Summit on the Presto and Roll The Bones tours. Also saw the the at the Woodlands and Compaq Center, but I don’t think they had albums they were touring.

I remember reading that Neil enjoyed bike riding and would have the tour bus drop him on the side of the road 50-100 miles from the next show and he would bike in.

During a 10 month period between 97-98, Neil lost his 17 year old daughter in a single car accident and his wife to cancer. The story Rob shared says he is survived by a wife and daughter, I had no clue he got remarried.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.12.2020, 05:54 AM   #5
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I never listened to Rush, listening to them now it's too symphonic for me. All I know from them is from the intro to the first song on the first Primus album : John The Fisherman.
Neil was a great drummer though, he's been a big influence on other bands especially Primus.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.14.2020, 10:13 AM   #6
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I never listened to Rush, listening to them now it's too symphonic for me. All I know from them is from the intro to the first song on the first Primus album : John The Fisherman.
Neil was a great drummer though, he's been a big influence on other bands especially Primus.

I saw Primus open for Rush on their Roll The Bones tour in 92

Primus covers Rush:

Primus - YYZ

Primus - La Villa Strangiato

Less Claypool - Spirit Of Radio
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth