Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Who else thinks...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.15.2006, 01:27 PM   #1
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Silent Hills 1,2 and 3 are the best games ever made?
You have to love the jerky, unnatural side-to-side head movements; and the killer nurses who moan. And they name-checked Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore, Lee Ranaldo and Steve Shelly in the first game, making them part of a puzzle.
And Silent Hill 2 is one long parable about sex and guilt. They're really cool.
Old 05.15.2006, 01:40 PM   #2
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
I played 1 and 2 and thought they were great can't really remember them much though. Aint played the others though.

What spurred you to write this?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 01:48 PM   #3
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Silent hill is great but difficult to beat without a walk-through.
I tried to beat silent hill 3 recently but got tired off it real quick. It was 3am, dark and scary and my friend was already asleep. Pretty good reason to stop playing don't you think?
Old 05.15.2006, 01:50 PM   #4
SolidZach
children of satan

SolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentataSolidZach chews with a vagina dentata
Ive beaten all of the silent hills
They are great
my fav silent hill 2
second fav is silent hill 1

SolidZach is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 02:23 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i have no love for video games. they shrink my penis.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 02:39 PM   #6
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
^too easy.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 02:40 PM   #7
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
Silent Hills 1,2 and 3 are the best games ever made?
You have to love the jerky, unnatural side-to-side head movements; and the killer nurses who moan. And they name-checked Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore, Lee Ranaldo and Steve Shelly in the first game, making them part of a puzzle.
And Silent Hill 2 is one long parable about sex and guilt. They're really cool.

Never played it.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 02:41 PM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
^too easy.

you shrink my penis too
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2006, 03:02 PM   #9
Kim C Not G
bad moon rising

Kim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the roughKim C Not G is a jewel in the rough
There's been alot of threads about the Silent Hill franchise. Again, I love them. The mannequins are quite disturbing though. The music really sets the mood for the game...adds the extra great touch.
Kim C Not G is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 08:15 AM   #10
JazzyJeff
little trouble girl

JazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's assesJazzyJeff kicks all y'all's asses
silent hill is probably my favorite horror genre video games
i havent beaten 3 or 2 but ive played them and they were pretty cool but i beat 1 and 4 and they were awesome
JazzyJeff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 08:37 AM   #11
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
blah.
umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 10:06 AM   #12
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Basically I agree wholeheartedly with umjammer atomsk, except that I really love SH 3's overall presentation. The lack of character development I think is quite apparent, but still, compared to RE, it's miles ahead. I wanted to post this because I'm currently playing SH3 and I just was really curious about the creators' influences. They are quite studied, ranging from the movie Jacob's Ladder (which was effin' awesome), Twin Peaks (also awesome) and Stephen King's The Mist (which I think is horror writing exemplified). And, coincedentally, some of the creators apparently loved Sonic Youth so much, they included the names of the band members as a puzzle in the first game. So, I guess I wanted to know if any SY fans were into SH And disturbing is quite succint. There is a certain aura of unease when you enter a darkened room and a mannequin with a dress stands alone in the center, with a pocketlight shining from it. And the monsters are an exercise in twisted creativity. For anyone who hasn't played the games, please do. You'll find it quite unlike anything else. And they have it for PC too, so you don't have to have a PlayStation. Peace...
Old 05.16.2006, 11:03 AM   #13
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Look at the post above savage clone's then you'll get what he meant...

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 11:03 AM   #14
alyasa
invito al cielo

Happy birthday dear hooareyou, happy birthday to you...
Old 05.16.2006, 12:43 PM   #15
bytheriver
bad moon rising

bytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nicebytheriver is just really nice
Silent Hill 2 is great, i never played the first one but SH2 scared the life out of me the first time you see pyramid head and the endless downward staircase were well good but the bit at the end where that mental girl walks upstairs into the flames saying ' you see it too, it's always like this for me' was amazing.
I finished the 3rd fairly recently, it was Ok but I couldnt really get into the story and it wasnt that scary.
I was playing Fatal Frame or Project Zero 2, that is the most intense game I've ever played it scared the shit out of me and I am way too old to be as scared as I was, play it at night with a good spund system and you'll pooh yourself.
bytheriver is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 02:21 PM   #16
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
silent hill 1 is my favorite.

silent hill 2 is equally good if not better just I love 1 too much....

Silent Hill 3 is also fun and although not better than 1 and 2, very interesting. I actually 100% this game fairly recently...
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 01:23 AM   #17
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
SILENT HILL (1999) is what led me here.

"Ranaldo, Gordon, Moore. This is the list of the teachers..."

Fuck man... fuck yeah.
Old 06.13.2006, 01:27 AM   #18
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't remember that...I didn't know who they were when I played it though. I gotta play it again.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 01:31 AM   #19
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
I have never heard of it till now.
Old 06.13.2006, 01:37 AM   #20
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I played silent hill 2 all the way through with a friend. I thought it was pretty cool, but I'm not a big video game person and I can't see myself going out of my way to play any of the other ones.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth