Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café III
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.14.2014, 11:40 AM   #641
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
new Cam'ron single is fucking amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfZgBpDzPM

beat by Just Blaze, Juelz Santana on the hook.

didn't see it coming at all. i thought dude was done. wow.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2014, 06:11 PM   #642
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Listening to this a lot since picking it up last week.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2014, 11:19 PM   #643
an evening with viewtiful
bad moon rising

an evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's asses
I'm dangerously on the verge of being that guy who doesn't listen to much hip hop lately... I don't want it to happen but that's just kind of how it's going.
an evening with viewtiful is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2014, 12:14 AM   #644
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by an evening with viewtiful
I'm dangerously on the verge of being that guy who doesn't listen to much hip hop lately... I don't want it to happen but that's just kind of how it's going.

Do it. It makes that hip hop revival moment all the more rewarding

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2014, 06:53 PM   #645
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by an evening with viewtiful

Don't worry. It's normal.

I've been that guy several times in my life, for long periods of time.
The first time it happened was around the time Wu-Tang Forever came out and I had my mind blown by how hard the clan still went, in spite of their own maturity and wisdom. To this day I think it's a better album than 36C, though not a more important one.

Every time I was "that guy", until maybe my mid 20's, I had no idea how to reconcile the fact that I was a little post punk scenester kid listening to, shit, Mary J. Blige and Method Man. It felt like it was unnatural in some way. But eventually I realized that my ego and my warped understanding of my identity were way too heavily wrapped up in what I felt I should be, and what I thought others thought I was.

Doesn't matter. Be that guy until you're another guy. I go months without listening to anything on dischord or SST, butI know where my roots are.

Plus, hip hop is the most interesting thing going on in music. It's just where the excitement is these days. I'm fine with that. Hop hop makes up at least 50% of what I listen to, and the rest is an amalgam of noise, drone, indie pop, punk, experimental and electronic shit.

And old favorites.

I'm carrying on a bit now aren't i? Yeah, I think I am. Anyway, be that guy if that's what's doing it for you right now.
Old 05.15.2014, 07:50 PM   #646
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
so you guys were right, Believe Me was just a street single..

here's a new song: https://youtube.com/watch?v=VmddPo_c2oE

love it. INCREDIBLE!
Old 05.15.2014, 08:25 PM   #647
louder
invito al cielo

still doesn't sound like THE lead single.. but finally some album worthy material.

i'm speechless, seriously.. what a comeback. i'm so happy right now.
Old 05.16.2014, 04:19 PM   #648
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Ain't no one gonna be sippin' lean no more.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...n-or-off-lean/
Old 05.16.2014, 08:31 PM   #649
louder
invito al cielo

you are fucking dead man, honestly like, fuck off already.
Old 05.16.2014, 08:35 PM   #650
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Ain't no one gonna be sippin' lean no more.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...n-or-off-lean/

Parts of that article were very saddening, others ridiculously funny....

I had a huge bottle of sizzerb leftover from when the doctor had prescribed it for me when I was almost dying of pneumonia. That shit was psychedelic!

Old 05.16.2014, 08:41 PM   #651
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gucci Mane
Gucci Mane @gucci1017 Follow I've been drinking lean for 10plus years & I must admit it has destroyed me. I wanna be the first rapper to admit (cont)

Sad situation, but good for him to finally admit it. Irony that opiates have plagued music consistently for the past 130 years at the least. First it was morphine, then heroin, then pills, then heroin again, then stronger pills, then heroin again, then sizzerb, then pills again, and now heroin is on the rise which is really kind of frightening. The problem with pills and drank is that it doesn't carry the soul-crushing obviousness of the needle and the damage done, yet as a narcotic its abuse causes all the same physical and social damage! In this regard, its almost more dangerous. You notice people who are getting strung out, its kind of obvious within a short time, people with narcotic pill addictions do that shit for years and years without pause.

Old 05.17.2014, 04:50 AM   #652
louder
invito al cielo

Gucci just went to jail for 3 years. would've been 20 if he was a normal person, he's lucky he's famous.
Old 05.17.2014, 06:49 AM   #653
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
so you guys were right, Believe Me was just a street single..

here's a new song: https://youtube.com/watch?v=VmddPo_c2oE

love it. INCREDIBLE!
your thoughts, NR?
Old 05.17.2014, 04:55 PM   #654
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Sad situation, but good for him to finally admit it. Irony that opiates have plagued music consistently for the past 130 years at the least. First it was morphine, then heroin, then pills, then heroin again, then stronger pills, then heroin again, then sizzerb, then pills again, and now heroin is on the rise which is really kind of frightening. The problem with pills and drank is that it doesn't carry the soul-crushing obviousness of the needle and the damage done, yet as a narcotic its abuse causes all the same physical and social damage! In this regard, its almost more dangerous. You notice people who are getting strung out, its kind of obvious within a short time, people with narcotic pill addictions do that shit for years and years without pause.

I'm not sure about that. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was a intravenous and intramuscular heroin injector for the entirety of his career, and I think everyone was shocked.

The obviousness of problem drinking is harder to pin down, since "non problem" drinking is done by pretty much everyone above 21 (maybe 17) pretty much every day. Now, while that is totally problem drinking on a global scale from a clinical perspective, it somehow doesn't seem like it... Probably because alcohol is a highly profitable marketable product, and is not nationally regulated as an illegal drug until it reaches like absinthe strength.

Heroine is easy to blame because corporations and western governments are not (openly) making money off of it. It's not patented (though it was at one time and probably should have remained so).

The really sad truth is that all those people dying from heroin, pills, cocaine, meth... All the hard shit... I'm guessing 90% of them were killed by mixture of whatever drug they were using and ALCOHOL.

Plus, when someone is just a drinker and doesn't do anything else (like I don't know... Mel Gibson? Orson Welles?) they eventually have very public incident where the world realizes that they've effectively been transformed from men into monsters by our innocent little investment, and small business champion, alcohol. Only Mel Gibson was not drunk on a micro-brew when he ended his career, and turned his face into the spitting image of everyone's second generation Irish/Polish/Romanian/Dutch/German/Italian great uncle (remember him?) who, before dying when we were in elementary school, would chug whiskey and bellow profanities at our mothers, maybe slap us around a little when our fathers weren't doing a good job of toughening us up.
Once the world sees someone in that state it can't un-see it.

Alcohol is the drug that has brought down civilizations. Heroin is just what the bored, weak later generations of addicts who don't have the dedication or commitment to become a hard, hard, live-threatening addict have resorted to when they despise life no matter how great theirs is.
But opiates ain't no fuckin joke either, and yes- they're so prevalent it's goddamn unbelievable. And yes, it's getting worse. Alcohol no longer packs the punch to bring down nations.... Opiates are different. Nobody is immune to the dependency that might develop after a one week course of morphine following a surgery. NO ONE. And once you've had it in a large enough dose to understand that you like it (more than "like" it; you prefer life on it to life not on it), and are taken off it, only to suffer through the surprising intensity of the first withdrawal, you will never be able to watch Trainspotting or Requiem for a Dream or even Pulp Fiction again with the naive sense of observational separation again, because you will feel a little tingle in your stomach every time you see someone injecting.

This era has not had it's opiate peak yet. There hasn't been one in a few hundred years, really. But when fucking post millennial America does go head to head with a drug that powerful, everything will change. Most of us won't notice.... We'll already be addicted to a massive amount of prescription opiate derivatives. Everyone who drinks will have to either stop drinking or die, and many will stop drinking in a heartbeat, which they probably couldn't do before having to choose.

Anyway, I think opiates should be legalized and mildly regulated, but also open to markets just like alcohol. We've accepted that we can't live without our liquor by keeping it legal despite the war on drugs and tobacco. We should just do the same with opiates and make it so people over 21 can get a few high potency morphine and codeine tablets at the grocery store if they feel like it, and have a documented pain condition.

And heroin and opium, laudanum, etc. should be watered down and given in bars to consenting adults. Then at least we'd be admitting that it's going to rule us if we try to fight it. And at least we as a society would take some goddamn ownership of the fact that drugs feel good.. Universally. Globally. Whatever. Whoever you are, whatever you think, you'd rather be able to have an opiate in ya when you wanted one than to never have one at all. Embrace it. Admit you like it. It will lose its power, and eventually it will only be as bad as alcohol is now... Killing several hundred people a day, nationally. Mostly due to underage use and improper or unmonitored administration in man unsafe environment (like a car). Not too bad considering what it COULD be doing if things continue as they are.

Because when it comes down to it alcohol and opium are two sides to the same coin. The fact that they are so present in our culture makes me feel like someone is finally doing to us what we did to the American Indian with liquor.

I love how when you're young, you're given the impression that heroin and cocaine are, like, SUPER rare. Only used in the worst places by the most ducked up people after years of pot and LSD. In reality, both drugs are in every town in this fucking country. Every goddamn one. If you got a lecture about coke and h in high school, I'll bet there were kids doing one or both of those drugs in the bathroom at the same time that police officer was droning on and on, waiting for his shift to end so he could hit the bar.

Getting carried away here, guys... Sorry. It's an important conversation and (as you can probably tell, I've had some experience with it in my youth) but it's not "multiple paragraph in the cafe" important. Haha. Begging your pardons
Old 05.17.2014, 04:56 PM   #655
Severian
invito al cielo

Now what the fuck is Sizzerb?
Old 05.17.2014, 07:06 PM   #656
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Sizzerb is the 1999 LA interpretation of the 1999 dirty south sizzurp, which is what is now called "lean"

its some sippin ass, pourin it up ass, smokin ass, gettin high ass ninjaz..

Old 05.17.2014, 09:10 PM   #657
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Sizzerb is the 1999 LA interpretation of the 1999 dirty south sizzurp, which is what is now called "lean"

its some sippin ass, pourin it up ass, smokin ass, gettin high ass ninjaz..

That's stupid unless that cough syrup is loaded with hydromorphone. In which case it's smart.

Nah, dumb as hell. I'd rather have one Xanax than everything on that table including the jewelry and glasses and black person's arm.

Since I just swallowed two Klonipin and an Ativan for bed, of which I have many more in a legal prescription that I refill with my iPhone every month, I guess that makes me a pretty rich man for the last 45 minutes I'm awake.

(Well, the klonipin doesn't start to help my pain for at least 15 min, so I guess it's more like a half hour. Still... Rich as a ninja in my own, broken white man kind of way)
Old 05.18.2014, 07:35 AM   #658
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
wow you're so useful here, thank you.
Old 05.18.2014, 08:12 AM   #659
louder
invito al cielo

Old 05.18.2014, 04:07 PM   #660
louder
invito al cielo

i really can't wait for Ab-Soul's new album. been listening to Control System non stop lately, such a unique album.
303132 33 34353643 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth