Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page At concerts...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.21.2011, 05:50 AM   #1
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
..who are you most bothered by?

I ask this because of the Blonde Redhead show two nights ago. Not gonna lie....I get pretty fucking loud at shows. But I mean...Why would you tell someone to be quiet or somethin' like taht. You're listening to LOUD music and a lot of people are SCREAMING. I had a few people tell me that, one of a which was a nice looking girl who I ended up talking to for the rest of the night. But seriously...the last guy to tell me to tone it down came off as a huge prick and I almost went through the trouble of telling him off(but I didn't cause I don't want to miss Blonde Redhead).

I can see if one is CONSTANTLY! screaming through songs and stuff....but in between songs, are a few yells that bad?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2011, 05:53 AM   #2
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
ahem....

Old 07.21.2011, 06:04 AM   #3
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Sometimes at ICP shows, we get in trash fights with one another. It's a reeally good time actually.

One time I saw the Locust some guy whipped his dick out and tried touching people with it - that was weak.

Someone at the Gathering chucked a bottle of vomit. A good amount of it got on me. That was horrific. Too far dude.

I totally marked out for KoRn.

I saw the Black Dahlia Murder and some dude stage dived, and nearly broke my nose. I was bleeding all over myself and was rushed out of the crowd.

People who mosh with people who don't wanna mosh. Especially when they're fat, reek of whiskey and sweaty.

Girl punchers at shows (especially if they're Nazis)
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2011, 07:41 AM   #4
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
evidence on facebook lol

what i'm most bother by ?
hmmm

first place is
redicoulus couples
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2011, 08:39 AM   #5
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
people taking pictures with their cell phones/digital cameras are the worst. i didn't pay to see yr goddamn 4.5 inch LCD screen in my face. fuck.

professional photographers irk me sometimes too, especially if there's about a dozen of them, but not nearly as much as the amateurs.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2011, 09:03 AM   #6
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Sometimes at ICP shows, we get in trash fights with one another. It's a reeally good time actually.

One time I saw the Locust some guy whipped his dick out and tried touching people with it - that was weak.

Someone at the Gathering chucked a bottle of vomit. A good amount of it got on me. That was horrific. Too far dude.

I totally marked out for KoRn.

I saw the Black Dahlia Murder and some dude stage dived, and nearly broke my nose. I was bleeding all over myself and was rushed out of the crowd.

People who mosh with people who don't wanna mosh. Especially when they're fat, reek of whiskey and sweaty.

If I were you at concerts I would be most bothered by the utter shite bands you go to see.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2011, 10:39 AM   #7
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
People who scream the entire show for one friggin song to be played. My hats off to Eric Clapton who opened with Layla the second time I saw him because the first time through that's all you heard people screaming for.

People who make-out at concerts or other such PDAs.

Musician who feel the need to talk between every song they play. Generally because their playlist is weak or short and they fill time this way. Worst offenders David Lee Roth and Lady GaGa.
Old 07.21.2011, 11:50 AM   #8
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pookie again.

At the shows I go to the worst are the pretentious cold people. They're always there, with maybe 1 friend and any interaction with them makes them scrunch their face in grimace at the idea of another interacting with them, and typically look back at their 1 friend and continue carrying out their conversation.

My girlfriend and I intentionally talk to them to prove this hypothesis true and laugh at it. At Gang Gang Dance, I was playing with my Moog Filatron on my iPhone outside the venue and there was another person with an iphone beside me. I said "Iphone bro! Get a synth app on there and we can start the most ballin iPhone band in town". He looked, and then looked back at his friend and they proceeded to ask each other whether there are instruments on the iphone. GOLDEN!
Old 07.21.2011, 01:20 PM   #9
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
People who push the everyone forward and believe that we will be let in faster if they do that, which means that people get stuck and hurt so they need to get in guards to scream "calm the fuck down!" and it all gets delayed.
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2011, 01:21 PM   #10
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
1) if your friends think you are being a dick at a show, chances are, it's time to reel it in.

2) throwing vomit bottles at ICP fans is not only acceptable, it's encouraged. I mean, where else should I be expected to keep the gallons of gathering-induced spew??

3) freebird.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2011, 01:24 PM   #11
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

do other people see this happening?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2011, 03:35 PM   #12
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
do other people see this happening?

Oh yeah, I've seen it happen at least twice at shows. First time a riot nearly started, I managed to catch it on camera - not the punch... but the chaos that ensued.

Second time my boy and I were the only ones to step in. He went bananas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
If I were you at concerts I would be most bothered by the utter shite bands you go to see.

If I were you, my nads would sag a lot lower.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2011, 06:12 AM   #13
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I'm surprised no one has mentioned stage invaders. This has to be the worst I've seen yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k90SyBOcEE
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2011, 06:15 AM   #14
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Keith Richards had the right idea in dealing with the retards who feel the need to ruin a gig by invading the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyK0y02HvVc
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2011, 01:56 PM   #15
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
People who mosh with people who don't wanna mosh.
Amen. Especially when the people who don't wanna mosh have stood well towards the back of the venue so that they can enjoy the show without being jostled by morons.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2011, 02:09 PM   #16
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
people who don't share their booze or drugs...
Old 07.23.2011, 01:06 PM   #17
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Ok...Sorry. I should go to a concert wasted.

But glad to know Drunk assholes didn't appear on anyones list of shit that bothers you at a concert.
Old 07.24.2011, 09:45 AM   #18
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pookie again.

At the shows I go to the worst are the pretentious cold people. They're always there, with maybe 1 friend and any interaction with them makes them scrunch their face in grimace at the idea of another interacting with them, and typically look back at their 1 friend and continue carrying out their conversation.

My girlfriend and I intentionally talk to them to prove this hypothesis true and laugh at it. At Gang Gang Dance, I was playing with my Moog Filatron on my iPhone outside the venue and there was another person with an iphone beside me. I said "Iphone bro! Get a synth app on there and we can start the most ballin iPhone band in town". He looked, and then looked back at his friend and they proceeded to ask each other whether there are instruments on the iphone. GOLDEN!

Hey I'm not cold I'm just shy, I get awkward talking to people.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2011, 11:08 AM   #19
Dude McDude
bad moon rising

Dude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I'm surprised no one has mentioned stage invaders. This has to be the worst I've seen yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k90SyBOcEE
This is pretty nice, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-xsr-t0vR8

the colony of unlimited power will pass a despot of hardly any man
Dude McDude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2011, 11:27 AM   #20
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
support bands who say "ok, we'll do another one"
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth