Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Pumpkins anyone?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.04.2006, 06:20 PM   #21
TheyLiveByNight
little trouble girl

TheyLiveByNight has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Bleh. Personally, I'm not a big fan. I just can't get past the overbearing pompousness and Billy Corgan's hideous singing voice, likened by one particularly acerbic critic as sounding "...like his ass has been sharpening pencils" which sums it up quite well for me.
TheyLiveByNight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 08:09 PM   #22
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
I love his voice, its original and thats enough for me. But he can also do some nice gentle like singing thats sweet and lovely like on songs "To Shelia, "Sweet Sweet", and "Soma". And the last song on Mellon Collie is amazing, everyone sings...

And if you want to see a great little performance (and if you havent heard Adore yet) check out on the archive site Videos-->98060x_-_To_Sheila_(solo_on_a_plaza_in_Rome)_MTVMasters.mp g
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 08:23 PM   #23
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
i used to like the smashing pumpkins but ive found over time theyre not a band ive ever gone back to, i gave all my pumpkins cds to my sister around two years ago after not listening to them for a while.

i liked them but it seems to me that their songs contain no new depth to be discovered over time, like alot of music of a higher quality, so i now i find their music sort of bland and boring, there is only so much you can listen to a band like them until you dont even notice they were there anymore,

this isnt to say theyre not a good band they definately have their place,

also their cover of venus in furs was fucking awful,

however their cover of rock on was pretty good,
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 09:04 PM   #24
etertiena
little trouble girl

etertiena has tongues queuing up for a rim-festetertiena has tongues queuing up for a rim-festetertiena has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
eh, some of their stuff is decent, but i personally think that 'mellon collie' is over 80% absolute shit.
etertiena is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 11:38 PM   #25
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
I hardly ever answer this question anymore because I'm tired of saying "yeah some of their older stuff", but yeah I liked Gish and the Mission to Mars EP, and a handful of songs from Siamese Dream, oh and Pisces Iscariot had cool stuff on it, but after siamese dream they went downhill never to get back up.
I think Mellon Collie is where it started getting bad. It has some real good stuff, but some real bad junk too. After that is when I think it started getting crappy.

Never heard the Mission to Mars EP.

But yeah, before Mellon Collie = Great. One of the first bands I started listening to as I was getting into music.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth