Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Khanate/ Galax archive CD's
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.15.2007, 05:51 PM   #1
voided
bad moon rising

voided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's asses
new label spam for the weekend

KHANATE "archive 13 it's cold when birds fall from the sky" CD A live 2005 raw collection of live tracks recorded during Khanate's last US tour Originally archive was released in a pressing of 500 copies which sold out in something like 6 hours. This pressing is 1000 copies and comes packed in a new layout that is a slightly larger 3 panel cover with vellum printed text strips dropped into a translucent silver static shielding bag. All graphic and design work by a Mr. O'Malley. Audio content is identical to the original release although it has been re-mastered slightly. Track list: CAPTURE:RELEASE:PIECES OF QUIET $13.50 postpaid in the US non-US orders please read above instructions to add postage

KHANATE "archive 35 live in Stockholm" recorded in Stockholm Sweden May 13th 2004 was originally sold as a small run tour only CD-R release.
Again another edition of 1000 copies packed in a reworked graphics in a slightly larger 3 panel cover with vellum printed text strip and static shielding bag. All graphic and design work by a Mr. O'Malley. Sonically while billed by the band as special low fidelity version the CD pressing has had some heavy re-mastering work preformed by a Mr. Plotkin and sounds damn evil which is how I've always enjoyed my Khanate. if you're a fan of the bands works I think this disc will is reflective of the live output that Khanate was capable of. Mailing list additions please drop a line above. Track list: FIELDS:PIECES OF QUIET:UNDER ROTTING SKY $13.50 postpaid in the US non-US orders please read above instructions to add postage (please note live in Stockholm does not include video clip that was original CDR release)

GALAX "Never ending Space Trackin" CD archive 37 Three extended freeform space freakouts from my friend HIROSHI HASEGAWA (CCCC, ASTRAL TRAVELING UNITY, ASTRO) on synth and ring modulator and KEICHI MIYASHITA (MANDOG) on guitar and tape echo with a 1 track guest from HIROSHI HIGASHI (ACID MOTHER TEMPLE) on synth. all live content from mid to late 2006 in Japan pressing of 600 copies $13 postpaid in the US non-US orders please read above instructions to add postage

Audio clips and lots of new distro items spreadout over the 6 shop pages.
http://www.archivecd.com/shop.htm
http://www.archivecd.com/shop2.htm
http://www.archivecd.com/shop3.htm
http://www.archivecd.com/shop4.htm
http://www.archivecd.com/shop5.htm
http://www.archivecd.com/shop6.htm
voided is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 05:55 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
let's make it interesting;

let's make a betting pool to see when these are going to get sold out, whoever guesses it, gets the pot.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 06:00 PM   #3
voided
bad moon rising

voided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's asses
Stockholm disc is buzzing away pretty quickly that's going to go first...
Old 06.15.2007, 06:17 PM   #4
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Khanate stuff = v.quickly.

Galax stuff = much less so.

Which is a shame because Khanate, the stuff I have heard anyway, are boring.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 06:17 PM   #5
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
bought stockholm and galax.

the one khanate album that i think sucks is capture and release, that one is very boring with almost no edge. but the first one is really good and, from what i've heard so far, things viral.

i recently got the astro/cornucopia split from jorge clon/cornucopia/sonora himself and i'm really into hiroshi's synth stuff; c.c.c.c. were fantastic, goes without saying.
Old 06.15.2007, 06:45 PM   #6
voided
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
bought stockholm and galax.

the one khanate album that i think sucks is capture and release, that one is very boring with almost no edge. but the first one is really good and, from what i've heard so far, things viral.

i recently got the astro/cornucopia split from jorge clon/cornucopia/sonora himself and i'm really into hiroshi's synth stuff; c.c.c.c. were fantastic, goes without saying.

Yeah Hiroshi pretty awesome kind of in that mold of Masona Spacemachine analog synth masters..

Funny i remember reading amazon dot com buyer reviews of capture and release after Hydrahead released it which probably pushed a lot of folks to check it out (due to the label and how huge Isis got) and some of the reviews were like "this is shit this isn't music one drum hit every 15secs. blabh blah blahb" funny stuff.. Personally i've always found them to be a pretty massive and powerful beast live... when people say they are boring or whatever i can buy that it's a valid opinion and i can see how it can be taken that way
Old 06.15.2007, 07:39 PM   #7
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

i think they kinda lost it on capture and release, the music is not particularly bad...the thing that i like about older khanate and what kind of makes them different from sunn o))) is the intensity with which they play, considering how slow the music is, whereas sunn o))) makes a mass of volume and notes, khanate are actually playing fiercely in slow motion, and i think capture and release have them playing on autopilot. also the production is a bit too round, i think.

funny thing is, capture and release was for a moment the only hydrahead cd available in stores in mexico.
Old 06.15.2007, 09:13 PM   #8
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
let's make it interesting;

let's make a betting pool to see when these are going to get sold out, whoever guesses it, gets the pot.

I'll give it a shot.
Anything that's limited and attracts the Sunn crowds is usually gone within a week and then goes for 2-3 times the original price on ebay the week after. 1000 isn't super limited though... I'm guessing about 2-3 weeks max for the Khanate discs, depending on how much talk there is about it on the Southern Lord forum. But the Galax one being available for at least a couple of months.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2007, 10:24 PM   #9
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

actually, i can't believe the alasehir album hasn't sold out already.

the astral travelling unit cd sold out fairly quick, though.
Old 06.16.2007, 06:27 AM   #10
voided
bad moon rising

Quote:
actually, i can't believe the alasehir album hasn't sold out already.

the astral travelling unit cd sold out fairly quick, though.

a lot of times it depends on what kind of deals i set-up with the bands if they are a touring group and they take copies to sell on tour means i have much less to sell and they go right away.. Astral took copies since i basically have no distro in Japan.. Alasehir didnt take many copies at all so i had more to sell.. Stockholm CD is close to gone after checking the AM sales
Old 06.16.2007, 05:42 PM   #12
voided
bad moon rising

Quote:
comes monday, i bet stockholm is sold out.

can i pm you a question, scott?

i basically could call them sold out now as a big distro asked for an absurd amount but I'd rather sell some more to my mailing list ... you can ask me whatever email me though i'm better at answering there sslimm@comcast.net

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth