Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page June 17th Asheville, NC
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.18.2006, 10:02 PM   #1
Tickerwelly
little trouble girl

Tickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's asses
I just wanted to start a thread and say I was pretty disappointed with some of the fanbase there. Some drunkass in front of me actually yelled "Show me your tits" to Kim. That kind of shit is uncalled for. I can't be positive but it felt like the second encore of Shaking Hell was for that guy. All in all I had a good time though.
Old 06.18.2006, 10:04 PM   #2
mushmanski57@hotmail.com
stalker

mushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's assesmushmanski57@hotmail.com kicks all y'all's asses
Dude, that's just fucking rude, that guy should of been booted.

By the way, what was the setlist?
mushmanski57@hotmail.com is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2006, 10:04 PM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
He's lucky he didn't get punched in the face. Did they play anything that hasn't already been played this tour.....I don't think anybody has posted a setlist.
Old 06.18.2006, 10:10 PM   #4
Tickerwelly
little trouble girl

Tickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfreepress (sdasher)
1 vocal jerk outa 1500? Not a bad quota. I'm guessing he was without a date.

bY the way when Bob Dylan palyed ASheville he had the green room completly renovated.

ps. what was the set listo?

Everything from the new album.
Eric's Trip
Shaking Hell
Drunken Butterfly
Maybe 2 songs I didn't recognize.
Old 06.19.2006, 03:55 PM   #5
bucklebone
bad moon rising

bucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard sucka
I'm saving my "show me your tits" moment for the perfect scenario. I'm guessing it will be in about 1 1/2 years from now when Hillary Rodham will be making a campaign swing through Southwest Ohio.

The priceless look on her face and the faces of her nearly all lesbian security detail will go down in history as one of the greatest-timed heckles in all of political history.

My only concern is how will I be able to take time off from work for the nationwide press junkets that my fellow conservatives will insist that I take. Interviews on Fox News, Howard Stern and Larry King will surly follow. Maybe speaking engagements from then on. I will become the Ann Coulter of the 2008 election.

Wow!! Can't wait.

I HATE YOU
--Atari 2600
bucklebone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 03:57 PM   #6
bucklebone
bad moon rising

bucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard suckabucklebone cold hard sucka
BTW, those to the left are neither Kim Gordon's or Hillary's. Although I will say that she is probably a Republican because she's picture perfect and leaning to the right.

I HATE YOU
--Atari 2600
bucklebone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 04:39 PM   #7
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
So anyway... back to the gig.

Any more eye witness reports?

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 05:42 PM   #8
wedge
empty page

wedge has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic johnny
So anyway... back to the gig.

Any more eye witness reports?
I was standing next to the guys that started moshing and they were pretty annoying. Otherwise, though, I thought it was another great Sonic show. I've been to all of the Asheville shows and it seems like SY just really enjoys playing there! It is a great club. What really struck me was how much better all the Rather Ripped songs sounded live! The CD could come off as a little flat, but the songs really hit you live. Much more depth and power and just enough noise to keep things interesting. Brother James was great and hearing Shaking Hell was awesome. Wish I could see 'em some more on this tour!!
wedge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2006, 06:26 PM   #9
Super J
empty page

Super J has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
The new songs are great live. They also had some cool strobe lights going on. Lee making noise + Kim spinning around with the stobes was fucking awesome.
A picture of your life shoots like a rocket
Super J is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 08:40 AM   #10
threelobed
bad moon rising

threelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's asses
agreed - the moshing was quite aimless and annoying. while a lot of the crowd in general was stupid, the show was great. "brother james" was very much right on, as was "shaking hell." too much crowd screaming during "or."
threelobed is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 10:30 AM   #11
meatpile
empty page

meatpile has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super J
The new songs are great live. They also had some cool strobe lights going on. Lee making noise + Kim spinning around with the stobes was fucking awesome.

Hey Super J - I think I was next to you all night on the rail. I'm the guy that went in early.

The show was very good. The new songs were better than I thought they'd be.

Do crowds ever not suck? I kinda think crowds always suck.

Setlist:

Reena
Incinerate
What a Waste
Sleepin' Around
Drunken Butterfly
Rapture
Rats
Turquoise Boy
Neutral
Lights Out
Pink Steam
Jams Run Free
Brother James

E1:

Eric's Trip
Or

E2:

shaking Hell
meatpile is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 12:11 PM   #12
cellscape
little trouble girl

cellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to beholdcellscape is a splendid one to behold
Good show, good venue. I was dissapointed in the lack of older songs and really expected just a couple songs from Murray St or Sonic Nurse. Don't get me wrong, I like the new album and it sounded even better live, but I prefer a bit more of a mix. Shaking Hell was the highlight for me.
cellscape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 12:12 PM   #13
Super J
empty page

Super J has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpile
Hey Super J - I think I was next to you all night on the rail. I'm the guy that went in early.
Yeah that was me. See you in a couple of years at the next show.
A picture of your life shoots like a rocket
Super J is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2006, 02:32 PM   #14
longpauses
empty page

longpauses has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Thanks for posting the setlist, meatpile. I couldn't remember what song they closed with. (I was standing there with you, too, by the way.)

Of the new songs, I thought "Rats," "Turquoise Boy," and "Pink Steam" really shined live. I listened to the Rather Ripped on the drive back to Knoxville the next day, and those were the three songs that I kept returning to. "Drunken Butterfly" was the highlight of the show for me, though. Three-and-a-half minutes of high-energy, high-decible perfection. I listened to Dirty all day at work yesterday.
longpauses is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth