Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page South Park vs. Muslim Extremists....again.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2010, 04:29 PM   #41
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I find South Park's humour to be wanting.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 04:42 PM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I never watch SP on tv but I loved the movie.
Old 04.23.2010, 04:47 PM   #43
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
The Simpsons season 1 - 10 is the best thing to ever be on television, I don't care if any of you think otherwise!

South Park is okay, I don't find it very funny. If I had to choose between South Park and say Family Guy though then I think it's obvious what I would watch though.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 04:48 PM   #44
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Uh Rob, do you hate all religions equally?
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 06:59 PM   #45
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
The belief in a higher power makes you weak and far too dependent on luck. Instead of making it's slaves believe in the world for exactly how it's presented, religion sugarcoats life with fairies and wizards, and puts a cherry on top.

Talk about escapism. It's a shame that the belief in a higher power isn't as frowned upon as drugs are in our modern culture.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 07:08 PM   #46
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the constitution and analog instruments are not sacred. they are revered by me, but sacred means untouchable and implies infallibility. the moment anyone decrees that this or that is "sacred" they are exerting control over the thoughts and actions of those who do not view it as sacred or sacred yet.

Sacred is a contingency: what is held sacred by one isn't by another. The distinction between reverence and sanctity strikes me as being the difference between inside and outside that contingency. 'Infallibility' belongs to the category of the divine (outside of your own category) - I suspect you mean immovable. Again though, something is sacred only from within the context that defines it as such; I would maintain that individual interpretation of the sanctity of the constitution is immaterial to its absolute centrality to US politics. Similarly, I can slag off Christ and still refer to myself as a Catholic - this does nothing to remove the central orientation of Christianity towards Christ, and thus his sanctity. The opposite applies for the constitution to American politics. The dissimilarities in order fail to impinge upon the structure of 'sanctity', which (again) need only refer to the central edicts of a system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 07:09 PM   #47
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
On another tip, Simpsons never stopped being good. It just stopped being hilarious and started being frighteningly sharp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 07:35 PM   #48
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't liked South Park in many, many years. Probably since it started taking them a week to do an episode, so they kept focusing on "current events". South Park always starts with a cool idea, then beats it to death by the end. The biggest thing about the show is that NONE of the characters are appealing, even in an "unlikeable" way. Cartman is annoying, Kyle and Stan are bitches, is Kenny even still on the show? He wasn't bad, hah. Chef is gone. Etc. Towlie was probably the best character, and only because he's voiced by one of the PFFR dudes!

Simpsons isn't as funny as it used to be, but it's got its moments still. The new episodes are actually quite intelligently written and brilliant, in a COMPLETELY different way. I miss the jaw-droppingly hilarious stuff, but it's still a good show.

Family Guy sucked, and has always sucked, but I kinda dig it now, because it KNOWS it sucks. So, they purposely test the audience and do stupid shit (10 minute chicken fights, 6 minutes of Conway Twitty) to alienate people. I can respect that!!

Really, the most consistently LONG-RUNNING great "cartoon" to ever air on television was King of the Hill.

Now, if you want to talk about Rocko, Doug, Home Movies, 12 Oz. Mouse, Ren and Stimpy (first 3 seasons), etc., etc., etc.... now we're talking QUALITY.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 08:22 PM   #49
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
The biggest thing about the show is that NONE of the characters are appealing, even in an "unlikeable" way. Cartman is annoying, Kyle and Stan are bitches, is Kenny even still on the show? He wasn't bad, hah. Chef is gone. Etc. Towlie was probably the best character, and only because he's voiced by one of the PFFR dudes!

Butters?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 08:38 PM   #50
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
i love south park, but it's getting harder and harder to say i'm a fan with every passing season. i'm really just sick of their "hey, let's take a current event, make one joke about it that may or may not be funny for more than two minutes, and stretch it out for an entire episode!" format. still, seasons 1-8 are untouchable, seasons 9-11 are kinda sketchy with some gems, season 12 kinda sucks, and season 13 almost completely sucks. this season has been watchable so far, though i wouldn't say any of the episodes have been particularly good. i'm just glad they're calling it quits after next season.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 08:49 PM   #51
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Predictably, i was delighted to hear about them pissing off the fuckwits again, and equally as predictably im just as pissed to know that threats of violence are enough to stop people from publishing something that upsets a certain sect of people.
I love that they used the Teddy Bear thing from Saudi Arabia a couple of years ago to make the point as well

The only predictable thing im glad about is we all agree Family Guy is a parcel of Aids delivered introvenously to your bollocks whenever you turn on the TV

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 09:29 PM   #52
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
This season is pretty good so far. They have had some stinkers in the later seasons, but so far this one has been golden. I don't have cable so I can't watch the episodes when they air...but http://www.southparkstudios.com/ is a life saver.

Recent episodes like the KFC Medical Marijuana and Facebook episodes were outstanding. This new one sounds like it's great too.

Matt and Trey have naturally matured past dick and fart jokes, and new material. But they have been even more experimental with testing their audience than Family Guy would ever dare to.

Consider episodes like "Pip" which is Great Expectations retold in 20 min without any other South Park characters, other than "Pip". There are no jokes throughout the entire episode, until the very end where cyborg monkeys came and destroy everything.

Or how about the cliffhanger season finale where you're about to find out who Cartman's father is. First episode of the next season was a Terrance and Phillip mini movie.

The thing is though. This seriously pissed off the show's fans, and the ratings for those episodes were lower than ever.

Episodes like "Simpsons Did It" where Butters is Professor Chaos, and tries to think of the most menacing thing he can do to destroy South Park. The only problem is, everything he thinks of - The Simpsons had already done first. This was influenced by Trey, and Matt comioing up with ideas, and later finding out that The Simpsons had already beat them to it (such as the episode where Bart steals the head off of the Springfield monument).

Consistently writing fresh material within the realms of your imaginary world is hard to do. Especially when said work is as infamous as South Park. For 2 guys to have maintained all of the writing, and most voices (other than Chef, and the females) for 14 years is astounding. Especially when the material pushes controversial censorship boundaries as much as South Park has.

I'm just heavily impressed that it isn't far more stale than it is by now. The political topics certainly do help, but so do the more recent episodes focusing on the adults of the town. But I'm gonna shut up now...
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 10:32 PM   #53
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
and all the output of all those media companies are controlled by one rich old white guy and a board of directors of maybe 12-20 people.

"FreeMasons run the country.."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 11:41 PM   #54
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
South park was a show, to me, that was subpar at it's start. Basic fart jokes. That developed and grew over the years into something that's still pretty typical, BUT, has it's shining reflective moments. It's supposed to show how we're all just stupid humans and to not take ourselves too seriously.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2010, 12:05 AM   #55
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
yet sometimes people take south park far too seriously

like kanye

and these irate muslims
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2010, 03:54 AM   #56
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
What kind of person frowns upon fart jokes?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2010, 05:08 AM   #57
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
They already did show Mohammed in the episode "Super Best Friends" so I don't see why they're not doing that now. Anyways I love South Park though the last seasons are kinda hit or miss. But what else can you expect when they have 7 days to write and animate an entire episode?

EDIT: Appereantly you can't stream the super best friends episode anymore. Pfff pussies.
Old 04.24.2010, 05:14 AM   #58
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Favorite part in my favorite episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72Y78Px4b0
Old 04.24.2010, 05:17 AM   #59
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
surely this kinda shit works both ways... if the western world are disrespecting muslims and their beliefs then surely the muslim world disrespects the western worlds beliefs...fucking stupid!

as for south park....possibly one of the only long running series that gets better and better and more fucked up with age.... so good its hurts funny!
Old 04.24.2010, 10:55 AM   #60
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

lol at sign "Fantastic Four are on their way"
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth