Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Kurt Cobain Death Investigation Reopened
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.03.2014, 04:24 AM   #21
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2014, 04:24 AM   #22
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Old 04.03.2014, 04:25 AM   #23
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Old 04.03.2014, 04:26 AM   #24
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Old 04.04.2014, 09:18 AM   #25
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
look, the case is solved, there are no questions, nothing to see here. do not wonder how 50 Rohypnol pills make it into Kurt’s champagne in Rome

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/04/0...ater-part-one/
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2014, 09:23 AM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
You're crazy, while that and all these fucking depressive statues are so terrible that Kurt would laugh, Unplugged is probably the single best Nirvana performance ever recorded.. It had talent, originality, humble obscurity yet balanced with all the "radio hits", showcased new material that Kurt personally liked, involved friends and gave them a brief spotlight appearance, and also demonstrated that sincere fun that Nirvana always seemed to have and which made Kurt's suicide note all the more surprising. Unplugged is an epic record, top-10 all time, any genre, any era, any band, period.

for hippies
Old 04.04.2014, 09:55 AM   #27
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
", Unplugged is probably the single best Nirvana performance ever recorded.. It had talent, originality, humble obscurity yet balanced with all the "radio hits","

It was this shit that was the best explanation of him commtting suicide in my mind - to wake up and realize you performed such weak shit for MTV, I wanted to kill myself listening to it. Nothing is more weak and in service to the Spectacle than the kind of numbing down acoustic performances create. Unplugged was the point Nirvana became a corporate tool. Up until then they were a harmless heavy rock band that weren't particularly heavy or original.

let the hate begin
Old 04.04.2014, 11:04 AM   #28
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
For once I agree with tesla69's bullshit opinions. One of the only times Nirvana actually let themselves feed into the money grabbing MTV alterna-rock explosion.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2014, 11:28 AM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Unplugged was/is a show for hard rockers to show how suft-ass weak they can be when they play their "rawk" as if they were folkie singer-songwriters.

Nirvana's songs, without the distortion and amplification and balls to the walls RAGE they exhibited in their live shows, are BORING. There, I've said it.

Old 04.04.2014, 02:15 PM   #30
tesla69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
For once I agree with tesla69's bullshit opinions. One of the only times Nirvana actually let themselves feed into the money grabbing MTV alterna-rock explosion.

at least I have opinions - you may call them bullshit but the government is recording your phone calls, the government is tracking your movements, the government is storing all this data forever and the governments are poisoning you with toxic flouride.
Old 04.04.2014, 07:04 PM   #31
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
i have to disagree with SUCh. Unplugged doesn't hold up to a second listen nor deserves to be documented on tape or vid. loved it when i first saw it but doesen't hold any wieght then or now.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2014, 07:33 PM   #32
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I just don't understand all this vitriol against Unplugged. If you look at the bootlegs and "lost" recordings its clear that Kurt had been playing acoustic music since 1986! Its clear that he had intentions to possibly release acoustic music through Nirvana or solo after 1993. Its clear that the acoustic guitar was part of how he created and practiced music. In other words, it wasn't "selling out" at all, if anything, quite the opposite, it seems to me that perhaps Kurt seized the opportunity to do what he had been wanting to do for a long time, present his music acoustically to a wider audience. Plus, it was a radical departure from what people "expected" of Nirvana, and considering how much Kurt was starting to resent how the mainstream explosion of his music was attracting "fans" who were the kind of people his music was written to mock (jocks, hipsters, boneheads, honkies), it also seems that perhaps he did Unplugged to intentionally disappoint these people and shake them off the bandwagon. Clearly looking at how much you guys are shitting on it, I dare say it worked

Also, rob, ALL of Nirvana is boring. You either like it or you don't.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2014, 07:58 PM   #33
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
im not a jock nor do i think Nirvana did it to offend. i just think it's weak and it made them a little money. if they had something to prove they did it long ago by kicking against hair bands and lame music.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2014, 10:04 PM   #34
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
at least I have opinions - you may call them bullshit but the government is recording your phone calls, the government is tracking your movements, the government is storing all this data forever and the governments are poisoning you with toxic flouride.

Haha this must be self-parody at this point, surely.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2014, 11:43 PM   #35
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
im not a jock nor do i think Nirvana did it to offend. i just think it's weak and it made them a little money. if they had something to prove they did it long ago by kicking against hair bands and lame music.

I didn't say offend, I meant more like challenge. Again, Kurt had been writing, playing, and performing acoustic music for many years before Unplugged. It seems clear from the set-list, guest selection, and overall ambiance that as with most things Nirvana, the band was tongue in cheek making fun of the entire thing while also abusing the privilege to present some of their different material and taste in covers. (a) ALL the material presented at Unplugged had been performed or recorded acoustically previously in stage shows, radio appearances, or demos and (b) all of the covers aside from Meat Puppets had also been recent parts of 1992-1993 tour set lists. In other words, Nirvana wasn't just mailing it in to collect easy money, quite the opposite, they as with so many other instances were abusing the spotlight and MTV hype machine to almost make fun of itself. They did this with their music videos, with their TV spot appearances, with their interviews, with their award show spots.. Nirvana really was like 3 years of double-entendre against mainstream music, and like you said, destroying the hallmarks of the 1980s sound. What you see in the antics and tour footage from 1991: The Year That Punk Broke is our introduction to who Nirvana were, and Unplugged is like the pinnacle of it all. It is clear that even if Kurt hadn't committed suicide, Nirvana was going to break up. Kurt had several other ideas, other projects, even other artistic media in mind to which In Utero was a preview. That, and by 1994 heroin was destroying Kurt and the spotlight was getting to Dave and Krist clearly didn't know where he fit in between..

Old 04.05.2014, 05:08 AM   #36
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Depression killed Kurt, not acoustic music. Just look at the state of his houses. That's no home for the mentally stable.
Old 04.05.2014, 12:12 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I was laughing at articles mentioning that Kurt "nervous about the acoustic performance played through an amp and effects pedals" as if it were a Linus security blanket. Dude used the pedal on ONE song, and it was for a particular effect, one which was rather haunting and perfectly matched. For the rest of the songs? Duh. Kurt was playing through an amp as a monitor, acoustic music is TERRIBLE without having good monitor..

Old 04.05.2014, 12:34 PM   #38
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
drone

i feel ambivalent about nirvana, as a business it was very successful but it also destroyed the life of someone. some good music, but a really awful cult of christ like reverence for a celebrity. the whole thing was at best a very successful and compromised disaster. the idea it struck some massive blow against corporate america is a bit stupid.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2014, 12:39 PM   #39
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
so bored of this old crap.

let it be. dont try and salvage it for some sort of underground cred thing. who the fuck cares really

Like I told rob, duh, Nirvana IS boring, you either dig it or you don't. If you don't dig it, why post on this thread?

Also, its April 5, Kurt discussions in commemoration are obviously appropriate..

and yes, Nirvana has plenty of "underground cred" or is inviting the Meat Puppets to play a few songs and cover Huddie Ledbetter and a Vaselines cover of a cover really all that mainstream?

Old 04.05.2014, 12:40 PM   #40
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
if you knew how big a nirvana fan i was ... seriously.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth