Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page I had this dream about Sonic Youth
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.13.2007, 06:45 AM   #1
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
We were at some outdoor venue, and I was jamming with Sonic Youth. I had my telecaster in a different colour, but forgot how to play catholic block, and thought it was the tuning, so Steve, being the cool guy he is, advised me to tune my guitar to standard like Jim and just jam in the same key as Catholic Block. Unfortunately, I never have any sucess at anything in my dreams and Thurstons amp had been replaced with one of those mini Marshall amps that run on the 9 volt batterys. Anyway, next thing I know I have a Jazzmaster and tuned to incinerate tuning, when we were playing Reena. I strummed the guitar open to make sure it was in tune, but my amp was on and I had just played the opening chord to incinerate. Naturally the crowd went nuts, and Incinerate was the only SY song they had heard, then I went up to the mic and went "No! No! We're playing Reena! But soon the show was over, and everyone started leaving even though Sonic Youth hadn't even played. Nethertheless, we kept attempting to play, despite problems like the power not working, and Steve vanishing. I filled in for Steve on the drums and we played a song, but I can't remember which one.

Best dream ever.
Old 03.13.2007, 06:48 AM   #2
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Sheesh. You Australians are wierd.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2007, 06:56 AM   #3
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
You're jealous because I got to jam with Sonic Youth
Old 03.13.2007, 06:57 AM   #4
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I'm jealous of Sonic Youth because they got to jam with you.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2007, 12:46 PM   #5
raging_nelly
stalker

raging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's asses
I had a dream once where I snuck into a rehearsal studio once early one morning cuz it was rumoured that Sonic Youth were gonna rehearse there later that day. While I was there a big fat envelope was delivered through the door addressed to Steve. I decided to sneakily open it hoping no one would notice later. Inside was a book entitled 'How To Play Daydream Nation' (this was the night just after I'd bought my tickets for the DDN shows) another book about how to make noise with various objects such as drumsticks, various tuning listings and setlists and a list of new material Sonic Youth were working on.

Anywho, so I attempt to stcik the envelope back down and leave the studio before anyone turns up. Later that day (in my dream still) I return to the same town the studio was in and there is a large police presence. I get freaked thinkin that someone had found the tampered with envelope and repoted it, so I decide to creep past the studio to make sure Im in the clear. As I walk past tho, I see (through the two large windows at the front of the studio) Thurston rocking out on a Jazzmaster. I decide to stay looking through the window, transfixed on what the band are doing. Eventually a large crowd builds and the bad decided to let down the windows at the front and blast out a full DDN set to the people waiting outside. Its such a cool show, everyones goin crazy. Sonic Youth even play instrument dominos which is awesome, and they debuted a new song entitled 'Superman.' I actually remembered how this went in my dream and it is now a song my band play. So you could say we play the stuff of dreams. It kinda reminiscent of Plastic Sun only with lots more slidy harmonic stuff goin on, and the girl in my band sings it as it had Kim vocals in my dream.

Ahh, sweet dreams indeed!

www.myspace.com/myboyslashmygirl

www.dischordmusic.blogspot.com

raging_nelly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2007, 01:18 PM   #6
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
I had a dream where I was in a car with Sonic Youth, I just like turned back and there was Thurston, Kim, and Lee. Steve wasn't there. Anyway, I was on acid or something and everything was purple and green and I was speeding down the highway towards a tunnel, but I missed the opening and just crashed the car. And then this policeman came and said "oh man! Youve killed Sonic Youth!!!!" And I looked back, and Thurston Kim and Lee were sitting there, with no heads. Kind of strange....
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.14.2007, 01:56 AM   #7
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Haha!! Weird.

I hate dreaming about songs, Nelley. I know they're really good but I wake up and forget them.
Old 03.14.2007, 02:47 AM   #8
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
awesome, but not a cool as my dream where i break thurstons listen to on tour record colletction and try to steal some of his hair
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2007, 01:56 AM   #9
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

Haha! That's wacky.
Old 03.20.2007, 12:10 AM   #10
Druzhba
empty page

Druzhba ain't too shabbyDruzhba ain't too shabby
I only had dreams about long talk s with Kathleen Hanna......
'You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.' Dr.Who

Druzhba is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth