Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page D=
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.17.2007, 08:34 AM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
i used to get banned from the computer all the time. i used it anyway. there wasnt much else they could try and take away from me that really pissed me off. they did stop my national geographic subscription though. and that still makes me grumpy even now.

that's fucked up, why promote ignorance as a method of discipline? yr parents are fucked

Quote:
seriously though its 2007. get a mobile phone and go stand outside and go for a walk until youi find a wifi hotspot. if youre that desperate. or use an internet cafe at the mall. or whatevr.

why should he act like a fucking weasel? he should use the internet in front of everybody-- "you can't make me".

Quote:
i you cant ban anyone from the internet now.

sure, but i think you're missing the point. it's not about how to avoid banishment for the internet-- it's about the stupidity of "punishing" a person of his age, in this way, for the reason given. he needs to go to war, not pussy out.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 08:44 AM   #22
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that's fucked up, why promote ignorance as a method of discipline? yr parents are fucked.

HAH!

mine would ground me from "reading".

they knew what hurt.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 08:49 AM   #23
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that's fucked up, why promote ignorance as a method of discipline? yr parents are fucked

The parents were well aware that Phoenix was only subscribing to National Geographic for the "hot parts."
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 01:15 PM   #24
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Now I wish I my mum would've banned me from loitering at computer when I was younger. so there.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2007, 05:15 PM   #25
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not weasling, !@#$%. I'm just taking the punishment, and getting back other ways. I'm listening to Rufus Wainwright's song "One Man Guy" a lot in front of them, I put out this rainbow necklace that a friend gave me on my desk (I might get the little sis to wear that one, she thought it was pretty), and I'm leaving the TV on the logo network. I don't like doing that to get back at them, but it is goddamn hilarious.

I can get on the internet at school...

BUT! I pissed off my mom the most with quite possibly the stupidest mistake I've ever made. I accidentally sent a text message to my mom that was supposed to go to someone else that said "My bitchy mom won't let me go to market night. She needs to get the fuck over it." When I was thinking about what to write, the word "mom" came up a lot, and I guess I accidentally sent it to her. Haha. It's pretty funny, but it sorta sucks in the long run. She isn't talking to me, which is nice, but I'm not gonna get to do anything with friends for a while.
Old 08.17.2007, 05:59 PM   #26
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I'm not weasling, !@#$%. I'm just taking the punishment, and getting back other ways.

no no no.

have you ever pronounced the words "you can't make me"?

at some point she (or both of them?) needs to understand that you're a young adult and not a big child. acting passive agressive and "accidentaly" sending your mom insults will get you nowhere in this regard. imagine if the united states instead of fighting the war of independence had decided to cover the british ships in graffiti.

it saddens me that you get perfect grades, do everything you're told, and they still treat you like a fucking elementary kid. it's not like you're doing something that endangers you (if they had caught you driving drunk, i understand them putting you in lockup). have you figured yet where they are keeping your balls? you need to break open their safe and recover them before it's too late.

best wishes. i mean this.

and get a job so you have your own money and they can't fuck with you.
Old 08.17.2007, 08:24 PM   #27
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
!@#$%, I love you, I respect you, and I agree with you in that my mother (not my father) is being very unreasonable about the whole thing. I can take care of myself. I don't need to be told to go to bed at a specific time. I know how long I need to sleep. I understand what would happen if I stayed up too late. Even if I had gone to sleep that night at the time I was 'supposed to' I would have tossed and turned for a few hours. After a summer of staying up really late, there is no way I'm about to fall asleep at 10:00. She was being ridiculous, which is why I decided to watch that movie against her permission.

Where I disagree with you however is with your "You can't make me" teenage rebellion attitude. I've never considered myself the typical average teenager, and I've never felt like I'm the person to do the typical teenage "you can't make me" act of rebellion. I've always found it a bit juvenile in a way that I have never been, and never really wanted to be. I think it may work. It might get my parents to realize that "Hey, I'm not some stupid kid that needs their constant guidance." but as you already know, my mom is ridiculous. I know my mom, and the chances of her responding to me getting on the computer in front of her, or confronting her with a "you can't make me" spiel are quite slim, to say the least. It'd only make things worse for me.

If I were to confront her, and I am considering ways of doing it other than passive insults, it certainly would have to be non-aggressive. It would have to be "Hey, I know you are upset with me for doing the exact opposite of what you told me to do, but I feel like I'm a young adult, and I'm held to certain expectations, whether it be grades, or other responsibilities. I did what I did because I should have an equal amount of freedom that comes with the responsibilities and expectations that you are holding me to. I think it is unreasonable for you to be dictating my bedtime, and expect the grades that I get. Do you not think I'm smart enough to know what is for my own good when it comes to something as trivial as my bedtime? I understand that you are upset simply because I disobeyed you, but I think you really need to think about what it is I actually disobeyed and why."

You know, something like that would be more likely to get through to her. She doesn't, for the most part, let anyone confront her. She'll try to cut me off, she'll address one part of it and not another more important part, or she'll go off onto some other subject. I may give it a try.
Old 08.17.2007, 11:13 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

dammit man, you are wise beyond your years. yes, the "you can't make me" is my style, i have a short temper, i am quite the brute, impulsive, and i often choose the low road instead of the high one, and i have a flair for the dramatic (as you probably have observed already). i am able to have cool & collected dialogues usually only after having vented my rage, and i've done all sorts of shit to piss of people in authority over the years. i even got a teacher fired because he was a fucking incompetent and abusive asshole. yep, that's me.

anyway, you sound a lot more calm than i am (oh a lot calmer), but whatever your style or your methods, whether you use guerrilla tactics or an all-out war or cool & collected diplomacy, it's time to shift the power balance in your life. you need to grab a little bit more independence-- not by sneaking around but by saying "this is mine". in the past few months i recall your botched attendance to the xiu xiu concert, first with the funds and then with the day of the week, and some other things perhaps, and now this.

the problem is that nobody is going to give you power, or rights, or whatever you want to call them. you have to grab them. wrestle them for yourself. it's part of growing up. sure some people do it in typical teenage shit style, others like you may choose a more sophisticated road. but the fact remains that you need to figure out the way to end being treated like a little child because, well, you aren't one. what you posted above is proof of it.

maybe you need to recruit the help of the old man. maybe you will have to argue around in circles, maybe you'll have to come up with a fait accompli. but you are not at an age when being ordered around by your mother like a little child is beneficial to you. sure, that's what she's done all her life, maybe she refuses to let go of your childhood, but this is your life so it's your job to draw out your territory.

and on the subject of the fait accompli technique, well, it's a way to start chipping away at rules that no longer apply. when i was i think 15 i started going to parties & drinking (sorry, different country, different culture, it was ok there), and i usually had a time when i had to be back. so i would arrive maybe an hour later. i'd get shit, i'd say "oh we couldnt find a cab", and blah blah blah, but for the next time i got the curfew extended maybe a little-- they got used to it. eventually they stopped fretting, i would come home the next day if there was something interesting going on, whatever. but anyway-- when my brother went through the same phase he had an easy ride because i had already razed the enemy fortifications for him. lucky bastard. i did all the work. but if you have nobody covering the ground for you it's up to you to carve up your space.

so-- some times you have to push the rules a little just to make more room to breath.

anyway, best wishes with whatever you do.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth