Reena
What a waste
Rapture
Eric's Trip
TBoy
Jams run free
Pink Steam
Or

MGM worst place on the planet to go to a concert I'm happy I got to see two really great shows so far (Reno and Dallas) and I will see more in the future in CA..

PJam fans..grrrr while I am sure there are some who are cool, I got a good fill of those who were not I left as soon as SY finished, Eddie did Goodbye for Now solo, and then introduced Sonic Youth to the stage that was enough Pearl Jam for me.

My hope is SY made good money for the performance tonight and had fun visting Vegas

Highlights were Eric's Trip and Pink Steam, the other songs were marred by sound problems with Kim's vocals.

SugarLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 01:48 AM   #2
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
It's cool that you got the chance to see them at headling shows, the SY set has been really shortened for the PJ shows. I'm not a Pearl Jam fan either.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 01:50 AM   #3
spiritbears
bad moon rising

spiritbears has tongues queuing up for a rim-festspiritbears has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
pink steam is my new favorite song....fuckin love it!!
Old 07.07.2006, 05:42 AM   #4
habibtheantiamericanbitch
bad moon rising

habibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard sucka
they just better not shorten their set for the Flaming Lips.....
habibtheantiamericanbitch is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 06:59 AM   #5
TFR
empty page

TFR is just really niceTFR is just really niceTFR is just really niceTFR is just really niceTFR is just really nice
Hey, thanks for posting the setlist. I'm new here and I come from the PJ world. I fell in love with SY when I saw them open for PJ in 2000. Unfortunately, the sets are really cut short, but that's how it goes when you're the opening band. I am so jealous that you got to see the 2 greatest bands in the world perform on the same stage!
Some of our fans can be less than desirable but I promise you we're not all bad.
TFR is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 02:01 PM   #6
MeddleDeal
empty page

MeddleDeal has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
yeah I agree. I have been a LONG time SY fan, and have been to several of the shows. Both bands have tons of respect for each other, which I think it is cool that PJ asked them to open up for them.

I also come from the PJ ms board, and adore SY! We all aren't assholes. True, there are some out there that are, but very few of the fans are like that. I am so excited to see BOTH of my favorite bands play together in the 3 SF shows I am going to! I wish I could go attend the 14th SY show, but can't.
MeddleDeal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 03:28 PM   #7
SugarLips
little trouble girl

SugarLips ain't too shabby
I would love to go to the 14th show !!

Thank you PJ fans who love SY for posting, it makes me feel better. I wasn't so up on things last night when the jerk next to me kept making rude comments all the way through SY and had the nerve to even boo them at the end of their set. I saw PJ a very long time ago at the Edgefest concert in Texas they played a good set then it was just after 10 was released.

SY was still good last night, it was the arena bad sound setup which played with a few of the songs. Mostly Kim's vocals got murky and muddled sounding, but it was great and I had fun. I think it's difficult for any band to sound good under those conditions it's a place where sports events are played and not really concert friendly in my opinion.

Old 07.07.2006, 04:37 PM   #8
nneureiter
empty page

nneureiter has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I learned about Sonic Youth from my experiences with Pearl Jam. Thanks Eddie! By the way, if you read the new article in Rolling Stone, Eddie talks about how Coco of all people changed his life. Very cool they are together playing shows again.
nneureiter is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 05:41 PM   #9
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
^Yeah I read that.
Old 07.07.2006, 10:45 PM   #10
SugarLips
little trouble girl

SugarLips ain't too shabby
how did Coco change his life?

Old 07.08.2006, 12:16 AM   #11
something
bad moon rising

something kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's assessomething kicks all y'all's asses
yea i was there last nite and im a pearl jam fan but it pissed me off so fucking much that people where like screaming "we want pearl jam" and other shit like that i mean its sonic fucking youth also when eddie thanked sy i actually heard some people boo so annyoed i was one of the few people actually sproting an sy t shirt and i was amazed at how little fan base was there and the fact they only sold two shirts when pj had like 10 arggh

http://www.myspace.com/usedtoaster
something is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2006, 01:13 AM   #12
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
But before the new relationship, while Vedder was still despairing over Roskilde and his divorce, the band went on with a tour. Sonic Youth opened, and Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon's then-six-year-old child, Coco, came along. "Coco gave me drawings, we played pingpong. Coco reminded me to open up my world, kept me from being the bitter asshole I had every right to be. I thought after Roskilde, 'OK, this is my chance, I can be that asshole forever.' Coco led me to the light.
Old 07.08.2006, 01:17 AM   #13
goplayrabbit
empty page

goplayrabbit has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
sorry the show wasn't as great as it could've been. i was going to go, but i didn't want to pay that much just to leave after what i figured would be a short set. (i don't like pj much either.)

so, i'm driving NINE hours to san francisco with a friend on the 14th. the fillmore - does anyone know what size venue it is? i can't find information anywhere.
goplayrabbit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 12:46 AM   #14
matt reeder
little trouble girl

matt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's assesmatt reeder kicks all y'all's asses
Seeing SY and Pearl Jam on the same stage is a dream for me, except for the fact that SY gets like 9 songs and a lot of PJ fans are fucking annoying. Still awesome though.
matt reeder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 12:52 AM   #15
swimsuitissue
little trouble girl

swimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFR
Hey, thanks for posting the setlist. I'm new here and I come from the PJ world. I fell in love with SY when I saw them open for PJ in 2000. Unfortunately, the sets are really cut short, but that's how it goes when you're the opening band. I am so jealous that you got to see the 2 greatest bands in the world perform on the same stage!
Some of our fans can be less than desirable but I promise you we're not all bad.
I'm looking forward to seeing Sonic Youth and Pearl Jam tomorrow and Monday here in Los Angeles, CA.
11/19/88 Hollywood, CA; 08/017/90 Hollywood, CA; 09/26/92 Castaic Lake, CA; 07/23/00 Los Angeles, CA; 07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/28/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/20/07 Los Angeles, CA

Television: chewing gum for the eyes. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
swimsuitissue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 12:56 AM   #16
100%
empty page

100% has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimsuitissue
I'm looking forward to seeing Sonic Youth and Pearl Jam tomorrow and Monday here in Los Angeles, CA.
I'll be there too!
100% is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 01:18 AM   #17
MeddleDeal
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by goplayrabbit
sorry the show wasn't as great as it could've been. i was going to go, but i didn't want to pay that much just to leave after what i figured would be a short set. (i don't like pj much either.)

so, i'm driving NINE hours to san francisco with a friend on the 14th. the fillmore - does anyone know what size venue it is? i can't find information anywhere.

I've seen SY at the Fillmore 2 years back, it is a nice size venue. Small, but not as small as the Great American Music Hall in SF. It is all GA, and very good view. I would say, about 2000 or 3000 people? by far, it one of the BEST venues to see SY at. I can tell you that much. And when Wolf Eyes opened up for them, you can see the whole band watching them from the balcony. Not a BAD seat in the house, but I recommend for you to get there early though so you can get a good spot
Old 07.09.2006, 01:20 AM   #18
goplayrabbit
empty page

goplayrabbit has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
wow thanks a lot for the information. less than week now! i'm really excited. have a great night.
goplayrabbit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2006, 01:37 AM   #19
MeddleDeal
empty page

no problemo!

have fun at the show. I know you will NOT be disappointed at all!
Old 07.12.2006, 04:41 PM   #20
Matthoney
empty page

Matthoney has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I went to this show. Both bands played awesome sets. While there were some people in my area that didn't like SY they still clapped for their songs to be nice. I however was yelling and screaming for the band.

And something, I don't know if you saw but Sonic Youth had like 12 shirts on sale. Some were 45$........
Matthoney is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth