Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page British people of SYG: please DO NOT vote for Cameron.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.09.2010, 11:13 AM   #101
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
leaving the country is for pussies, i'm going to form a terrorist cell

that's sooo 1983.

cells have a weak link.

become a cell of ONE.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2010, 11:14 AM   #102
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
You're saying on one hand that the government can't predict a recession, then you're saying that they should ultimately be held responsible. No country involved in the recession came out of it very well and under Brown Britain did a lot better than most others. Would I say Darling would've done a better job than Vince Cable? Possibly. Would i say he'd have done a better job than George Osborne? Absolutely.

In relation to the latter point, I'm sorry to use a football analogy here but if Rafa Benitez isn't getting things done, that's reason enough to get rid of him, but not if it means replacing him with Phil Brown. And as far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what the country has voted for.

^^^ reposted for page propagation.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2010, 11:15 AM   #103
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
What happened to space? you are the same person right?
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2010, 11:16 AM   #104
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You're saying on one hand that the government can't predict a recession, then you're saying that they should ultimately be held responsible. No country involved in the recession came out of it very well and under Brown Britain did a lot better than most others. Would I say Darling would've done a better job than Vince Cable? Possibly. Would i say he'd have done a better job than George Osborne? Absolutely.

In relation to the latter point, I'm sorry to use a football analogy here but if Rafa Benitez isn't getting things done, that's reason enough to get rid of him, but not if it means replacing him with Phil Brown. And as far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what the country has voted for.

Yes
Old 05.09.2010, 01:22 PM   #105
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

fair enough, but if Rafa had got them relegated there's no way he could stay. We're looking pretty championship material as a nation right now...

on the plus side, big fucking happy for brighton and big fucking happy for Barking too
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2010, 01:26 PM   #106
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
as i've already said the recession was predicted by MANY people, dave harvey, michael ruppert, ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT GOTTEN BEATEN BY THE COPS PROTESTIN IN NEW YORK ABOUT IT IN 04. loads of people. they all knew it was coming. it's like, ya know, an inevitable part of capitalism.

and erm, no the government isn't in control of the economy, i'd say it's the other way round. just to be so crazy.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2010, 01:44 PM   #107
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
We're looking pretty championship material as a nation right now...

So are most countries at the moment. It's hardly like the UK is slipping down the table while it's just business as usual for all the others.

As I said, I fully understand people wanting to get rid of Labour, but when I look at who's replacing them I only see things going backwards. This recession is going to give the tories a green light to implement all the draconian measures they'd never get away with implementing. Things like the minimum wage will almost certainly be reviewed as more people struggle to find employment, while anything not earmarked as 'essential' will have its funding cut to shreds. England will be ok if you're already wealthy or willing to work for peanuts just to survive, but anyone who wants more than that is gonna be royally fucked.

I know you've said you didn't vote Tory, so this isn't aimed at you, but anyone who did should be immediately sent to the tower for treason.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2010, 02:31 PM   #108
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
at least with a tory/libdem gov we might get the system changed? I'm pretty sure libdems wont go to bed with anyone without getting their reform put through (and wont they get to veto any of the torries fucked up policies?)

i guess ni'k is right too. i don't know alot about economics but i understand the theory of boom and bust. Surely Gordon Brown does too? He should have stepped in long ago when the bankers started losing their 'confidence'
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2010, 02:49 PM   #109
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
no. we wont get the system changed with that pact. not at-fucking-all. and the libdems only have 57 seats as opposed to the cons 306, they won't get a fuckin' look in. it would be a weakass pact and it wouldn't last. the only good thing about it would be that people would realise that ALL the major parties are absolutely useless.

people have this illusion that the lib dems are somehow a leftist party. nope. they brag about being more thatcherite economically than cameron. they are free marketers, like all the major polticians. which is a position about as valid in reality as an the facist dreams of an alzhiemeric kis in a retirment home. they are centre right. you'd get some slivers of soft left social stuff with them, like they're slightly cooler than labour on gay issues. they aren't overt racists like the tories- you get the kind of soft left position im talking about here. but you won't get anything really substantial from them. they are pro afghanistan war ffs! not going to be on the side of the workers in any strike situation either.

the answer to all these questions is called greece and i heartily endorse you keep your eyes on whats happening over there.

i have these beautiful dreams of the daily mail office burning to the ground...
Old 05.09.2010, 02:53 PM   #110
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
a tory lib/dem pact will almost certainly lead to another election in a year or two, which the conservatives are likely to win with a proper majority, increasing their power - and the length of their reign. Personally, I'd rather the Lib Dems tell Cameron to fuck off so they're forced to operate as a minority government (allowing the opposition to unofficially unite, which would put them in a far stronger position to veto the Tory's than I suspect any kind of Tory-Lib Dem pact would).
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2010, 02:57 PM   #111
ni'k
invito al cielo

really? ha man i'll have to respectfully disagree with that. the pact will of course lead to an election soon but the tories will LOOSE! whoever forms the government will loose! spending cuts my man, spending cuts.

the spending cuts are gonna be the harshest ever.

capitalism has to punish US, the poor, we have to pay for the bankers mistakes and corruption. that's just simply the way it works. and we won't be too happy. remember the poll tax riots, that was over nothing compared to whats coming.

if we form a new social movement out of the wreckage of a dying capitalism the playing field is ours.
Old 05.09.2010, 03:51 PM   #112
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
No, The tories are Tori Amos'party.

that explains why this thread is so popular then, thanks

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2010, 04:00 PM   #113
Lurker
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
really? ha man i'll have to respectfully disagree with that. the pact will of course lead to an election soon but the tories will LOOSE! whoever forms the government will loose! spending cuts my man, spending cuts.

the spending cuts are gonna be the harshest ever.

capitalism has to punish US, the poor, we have to pay for the bankers mistakes and corruption. that's just simply the way it works. and we won't be too happy. remember the poll tax riots, that was over nothing compared to whats coming.

if we form a new social movement out of the wreckage of a dying capitalism the playing field is ours.

Ah finally!! A chance to create the fascist state that I dream of!
Old 05.09.2010, 04:04 PM   #114
ni'k
invito al cielo

Ah finally! A chance to kill you when you try!
Old 05.09.2010, 04:22 PM   #115
Lurker
invito al cielo

See this is exactly what puts me off communism. Fascists are so much friendlier.
Old 05.09.2010, 04:28 PM   #116
ni'k
invito al cielo

pololitcal humour lol
Old 05.09.2010, 04:31 PM   #117
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

i'd be very surprised if there was another election and the tories lost, there were massive spending cuts in the 80s and the tories were still in power until 1997. unless there's some kind of massive & unforseeable change in british politics in at least the next 8 years we're going to be faced with a tory majority for as long as it takes everyone to forget about the last few years of labour, this recession, and for however long it takes the labour party to regroup and present itself as fresh again.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2010, 04:44 PM   #118
ni'k
invito al cielo

i wouldn't be. the cuts will be way way bigger than the 80's, look into it. the massive change in politics will arise from the cuts.

seriously what you said is so horribly depressing i'm not even going to contemplate it.
Old 05.09.2010, 04:47 PM   #119
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
seriously what you said is so horribly depressing i'm not even going to contemplate it.

well, that's real life for you
Old 05.09.2010, 04:49 PM   #120
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
i wouldn't be. the cuts will be way way bigger than the 80's, look into it. the massive change in politics will arise from the cuts.

also, everyone knows the cuts are coming and is expecting whoever is in power to make them, so i doubt it will make the government unpopular for doing what is deemed neccessary. if anything it will make them look like they're doing a good job.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth