Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.31.2011, 11:16 AM   #13961
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by deflinus

Arrghhahahaha!! That movie, years ago since last!

Thanks for that reminder.. O totally gotta see it again soon!
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 02:10 PM   #13962
a-p a. niemi
the destroyed room

a-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's asses

Old 01.31.2011, 02:51 PM   #13963
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Last week I laid in my bed in complete darkness with my $160 Sennheisers headphones, and I listened to the whole disc 1 of the Esper Edition of the Blade Runner soundtrack by Vangelis. Pure bliss. Blush Response favourite track hands down. Got to watch the movie again in full 1080p.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 02:51 PM   #13964
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
watched kick-ass.

i liked it, but could have been better.

the insistent voiceover about shit that we should be able to see instead of being told was annoying.

the beginning was also annoying, with the dude's over the top pathetic life.

but starting when hit girl comes in and says "ok cunts, let's see what you can do now", it got really funny.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 03:43 PM   #13965
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, the thing is, KICK-ASS was by far the worst character. HIT GIRL was funny as hell and actually really awesome; I don't know a single person who didn't think she wasn't the main character already, really.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 04:13 PM   #13966
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, the thing is, KICK-ASS was by far the worst character. HIT GIRL was funny as hell and actually really awesome; I don't know a single person who didn't think she wasn't the main character already, really.

Absolutely. Hit Girl is to Kick-Ass what Bill the Butcher is to Gangs of New York
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 12:26 AM   #13967
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

JUNO - 5/10

I've seen htis before but .. this is one of two movies I want to recut. You know those "recut movies" they upload to btjunkie and myspleen and shit? I want to recut BRINGING OUT THE DEAD... you know how Scorsese has that horrible habit of not having original scores, and instead, overstuffing his films with Rolling Stones and shit, songs that don't fit the atmosphere of his films. BRINGING OUT THE DEAD would be a masterpiece with a better soundtrack. There are a FEW moments of ghostly piano/haunting drone/super low strings on the score that sound incredible,m but most of the movie is dominated by classic rock shit. So, I want to recut the movie, and in the scenes where there's classic rock and no dialogue, I would replace the rock with drone. I'd also take out some of the scenes with classic rock playing in the background. I'd take out a few moments, like with Marc Anthony's luantic character, who is annoying yet soemhow gets more screentime than just about anybody else. I'd also insert even more music, change the look of the film a bit so it's a bit more decayed and nasty looking. It'd be a lot superior.

Uh, back to Juno....JENNIFER GARNER IS THE CREEPIEST FUCKING PERSON ALIVE!!!!!!!! It's proven in this fucking film. I want to recut this to make it a horror film. Just make the film weird reaction shots of her, reacting to shit Juno is doing, and have voiceovers of her saying "I CAN'T WAIT TO BE A MOTHER. I WAS BORN TO DO IT" in a low voice. I'll take out all the shitty pop music and make the shit droney as hell. I'll mainly focus on the negative moemnts in the film.. the stepmom smarting off to the nurse... Juno going "sonic youth SUCK, they're just NOISE!" After that, there'll be complete silence for about 30 seconds with just negative reaction shots from all the characters. I'll just make the whole film a lot darker, more mediative, and quieter./

...anyway.

Yeah, this film is "witty" and "hip" and "cutesy", everyone treating Juno good because she was pregnant, instead of smacking that bitch around. That's what would happen in real life -- "Watch your smartass mouth you idiot! You've ruined your life!" Also, Jennifer Garner's crazy ass would be locked up in real life. Her pedophile husband would be, too, though.

Creepy film. Michael Cera is horrible. God he is horrible. Which makes SCOTT PILGRIm all the more amazing, I love that fucking movie but jesus. That movie and Superbad both rock, but everything else kinda sucks, and he's ALWAYS horrible. Nick and Norah, Year One, Youth in Revolt, all shit shit shit. He sucks. What the hell?

mean girls 2 - ?!/10

Caught about 25 minutes of this on ABC. What I saw was about a 0/10. Strangely, the principle returned from the first one. What I saw was absolute garbage, big shock eh?

the maxx - 10/10

I guess I never realized how similiar XAVIER: RENEGADE ANGEL was to THE MAXX in parts. Both shows/movies feature a beast with undisclosed powers (though he is definitely powerful) wandering around, mainly deserted.. uh.. deserts,,, helping people but not really knowing how to, and usually creating distress for everyone they involve with, meanwhile caught in an existential crisis. Both shows are dark as hell, though Xavier is a lot more purposely funny.. though both shows are satirical and bizarre.

THE MAXX... like The Head, aeon Flux, some of Liquid TV/CArtoon Sushi, The Brothers Grunt, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko, and all those other cartoons MTV used to show.. is downright mindbending (also see: mindblowing). Subversive. To think that this was a mainstream show, that was promoted heavily and reviewed (favourably, btw) everywhere? Wow. I mean, nowadays, this wouldn't even air, anywhere, I don't even think adult swim would cover it since it's not "comedic" enough.

Anyway, if you want to see genius art and animation and don't mind a rushed ending (setting up a new season that never happened)), get this thrill a minute film.

Yeah.

Old 02.01.2011, 01:27 AM   #13968
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses

Really liked this, another great bloody Coen Bros. film
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 07:15 AM   #13969
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
this is mostly directed to atsonicpark, derek and every person who wishes to chip in as well.
this month, the jerusalem cinemateque is doing a jon jost retrospective. i was wondering which of these i should see the most, i have yet to se anything by him and only know him through your endless praises. i probably will not have time to see all of these films, so which are the best?
-All the vermeers in new york (Jost is going to be present at this screening)
-speaking directly
-last chants for a slow dance
-rembrant laughing
-sure fire
-the bed you sleep in
-oui non
-homecoming
-la lunga ombra
-swimming in nebraska

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 07:56 AM   #13970
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Go to the one Jost is present at!

Otherwise, The Bed You Sleep In is definitely the one to see though I like all of the movies there that I've seen. Also, if you have time, see Speaking Directly.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 08:23 AM   #13971
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 09:31 AM   #13972
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

HOLY FUCK!

I'd go to the one Jost is present at, but of those films, the top 5 is definitely:

1. bed you sleep in
2. sure fire
3. last chants
4. speaking directly
5. homecoming

Though I'd be JEALOUS AS HELL of you if you see SWIMMING IN NEBRASKA, his newest film, which is supposedly absolutely insane (he spent 2 years editing it, the footage I've seen is just INSANE, like thousands of videos a minute in some shots).

WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
this is mostly directed to atsonicpark, derek and every person who wishes to chip in as well.
this month, the jerusalem cinemateque is doing a jon jost retrospective. i was wondering which of these i should see the most, i have yet to se anything by him and only know him through your endless praises. i probably will not have time to see all of these films, so which are the best?
-All the vermeers in new york (Jost is going to be present at this screening)
-speaking directly
-last chants for a slow dance
-rembrant laughing
-sure fire
-the bed you sleep in
-oui non
-homecoming
-la lunga ombra
-swimming in nebraska

Old 02.01.2011, 10:53 PM   #13973
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Gonna watch that Tokyo Eyes. DVD covers says there is a special appearance by Beat-kun! Sounds good to me!
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2011, 02:40 AM   #13974
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2011, 02:55 AM   #13975
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

beat's in about 4 minutes yeah. It's not as good as the other movies I listed but it's cool.

MANHATTAN! God I love that movie, even though Woody's romance to hte 15 year old is creepy..

Old 02.02.2011, 04:43 PM   #13976
me.
stalker

me. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's asses

me. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2011, 04:51 PM   #13977
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I've seen htis before but .. this is one of two movies I want to recut. You know those "recut movies" they upload to btjunkie and myspleen and shit? I want to recut BRINGING OUT THE DEAD... you know how Scorsese has that horrible habit of not having original scores, and instead, overstuffing his films with Rolling Stones and shit, songs that don't fit the atmosphere of his films. BRINGING OUT THE DEAD would be a masterpiece with a better soundtrack. There are a FEW moments of ghostly piano/haunting drone/super low strings on the score that sound incredible,m but most of the movie is dominated by classic rock shit. So, I want to recut the movie, and in the scenes where there's classic rock and no dialogue, I would replace the rock with drone. I'd also take out some of the scenes with classic rock playing in the background. I'd take out a few moments, like with Marc Anthony's luantic character, who is annoying yet soemhow gets more screentime than just about anybody else. I'd also insert even more music, change the look of the film a bit so it's a bit more decayed and nasty looking. It'd be a lot superior.

I was just talking about this movie to a friend a few days ago. Very strange of you to bring it up

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2011, 06:11 PM   #13978
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Hehehe. Strange indeed!

But seriously -- one of the many reasons TAXI DRIVER is remembered so fondly, and looked upon with such adoration, is that dark, depressing, lonely, amazing original score. After that movie, very few of Scorsese's movies used an original score, instead overstuffing his films with licensed music, usually from "classic rock" bands. The thing is, the moments of original music in the films following TAXI, are always amazing (again, the few moments of drone/piano/etc from BRINGING). Strange but true.

Old 02.02.2011, 06:31 PM   #13979
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
watched Week End & Tout va bien

week end was a little mixed for me. the download i had wasn't that good of quality (even though it seemed some parts were lofi because of the way it was filmed?) didn't like it as much as the other ones but it was awfully funny & had some really good snippets in it

tout va bien on the other hand was so fucking good I don't even want to try & describe it

...& also watched cinema paradiso in a film class which was kinda cool for what it was..
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2011, 08:26 PM   #13980
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

five easy pieces - 8/10

599649689696697698 699 7007017027097497991199 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth