Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Burning
yes 8 88.89%
no 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12.06.2006, 10:03 PM   #41
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I notice very few ped mall rats in Fugazi T-shirts. On the other hand, quite a few of them wear Misfits T-shirts. This is all I need.

That's partly because there are no Fugazi shirts. At least not ones authorized by the band.

The only one I can ever remember seeing is here:
http://altamontrecords.com/enlargeme...ge=fugazi1.jpg

And I don't think altamont gets any permission to make their shirts, or pays any royalties. Still though, their designs are usually much better looking than those from other band t-shirt web sites.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 01:47 AM   #42
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
That's partly because there are no Fugazi shirts. At least not ones authorized by the band.

The only one I can ever remember seeing is here:
http://altamontrecords.com/enlargeme...ge=fugazi1.jpg

And I don't think altamont gets any permission to make their shirts, or pays any royalties. Still though, their designs are usually much better looking than those from other band t-shirt web sites.
I bought my Fugazi shirt when I was in 8th grade....it sucks it doesn't really fit anymore. Both of these bands are easily in my top 10 or 15 bands ever and I would hope that I contribute to society.....at least some good laughs and some lightning fast beats.

In terms of Fugazi (like matt g alluded to) I really don't care about all their views (even though a lot of them are pretty awesome). I can see how Ian can come off as a tightass, but in reality he doesn't really give a fuck what you do....as long as you aren't beating the shit out of somebody at their show. All of Fugazi's members are awesome musicians with some really noble beliefs when it comes down to it. I like a shit load of straightedge bands, but that doesn't mean I don't get shit faced every weekend.....just let the music do the talking and let it fucking rock you, baby.

Sure kids walking around with Misfits shirts and their baggy ass pants are pretty lame, but that doesn't mean that the Misfits don't kick ass on many levels.
Old 12.07.2006, 01:56 AM   #43
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Is this wrong? If you think so, you're probably a Fugazi fan. Let's have a fight. I bet you couldn't throw a punch, you mealy fuckers.

Nice reasoning.
Old 12.07.2006, 01:57 AM   #44
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J

Misfits are more of a gimick and image than anything really worth listening to.
I disagree....music first, image second.
Old 12.07.2006, 07:56 AM   #45
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
It's got nothing to do with either bands music. If you're not a fan of either band, their fans are really irritating people. I call this the Manic Street Preachers principle, which also applies to Suede and Placebo and, more recently, Muse and My Chemical Romance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 08:10 AM   #46
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Fugazi/Misfits fans

^ Talk about being oversensitive

Me?I like Misfits and i enjoy the odd Fugazi album

Norma J:'.......................'

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 08:15 AM   #47
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses

cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 08:17 AM   #48
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
It's got nothing to do with either bands music. If you're not a fan of either band, their fans are really irritating people. I call this the Manic Street Preachers principle, which also applies to Suede and Placebo and, more recently, Muse and My Chemical Romance.

I'll have to start calling you 'The Truth',from now on.We already have 'The Interne't knocking about on here but let's see if he's as strong as The Truth.

Old 12.07.2006, 08:20 AM   #49
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with Glice on this point, musically they are both good, truth being told I only listen to the misfits albums when danzig was with the group. Fugazi, oh well they are fugazi aren't they and probably won't change. Thats what pisses me off about straight-edge groups its the lack of humility.

I do think its lame for all these kids to sport a misfits shirt when they have to got to the mall record store and find an album just to name three songs, not to mention they pronounce samhain as '' Sam Hain''. If it was done out of sincerity and not for scene points then yes maybe I could tolerate it a little more. 12-15 yr olds these days need to go to jail and learn something.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 08:20 AM   #50
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't say that if I were you. I hate Bowie as much as I do the Beatles, remember?

*This was a response to Porky, Johnny quick-typers.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 12.07.2006, 08:25 AM   #51
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
you say "their fans" like it covers every last one of them.

and if this is indeed the case...and ill agree it USSUALY..not always as you seem to think, or have so ignorently stated in more or less terms...yr typical sonic youth fan is the same way.

putting emphsis on the word "typical".

danzig is an concieted asshole. he ussualy comes off as an idiot in interviews (however, im sure hes smarter than what he allows himself to be) i smiled when he got his ass beat.

ian mackaye on the other hand....MUCH more creative. i can appreciate the fact that he stands his ground (the dude still wont do interviews fo mags w/ cig. + alc. adds) < however, this is far too conservative for me. who gives a shit if other people smoke...its their right.

as sure as hell drink. and i prolly smoke a whole helluva lot more.

haha....either way im still somewhat of a fan of their music (both bands) < least some of it.

Whoa there horsey. I've already said I've got Danzig/ Misfits/ Fugazi fans as friends. I disagree with nearly everything about Fugazi's ideology and find their music to be as dull as piss. Misfits seem like a bit of harmless fun that I just happen to not like. It's the internet. Learn to love generalisations, they're always good.

Quote:
Old 12.07.2006, 08:27 AM   #52
porkmarras
invito al cielo

[quote=The Truth]I wouldn't say that if I were you. I hate Bowie as much as I do the Beatles, remember?

[/quote]
Yes but you're The Truth and i'm a liar.It's great The Truth does some thinking for me as it saves me time from having to tell lies.

Accidentally,ace winds today.I've been gathering a lot of fresh information about 'new rave' from them.

Old 12.07.2006, 08:27 AM   #53
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Fugazi for me....not really sure if I ever heard a Misfits song in my life.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 08:32 AM   #54
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TRUTH
I AM THE WAY

Word.

Quote:
Old 12.07.2006, 08:38 AM   #55
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
it seems that a lot of hardcore fans, especially fugazi fans have virtually no sens of humour whatsoever.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 09:16 AM   #56
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Fugazi is great, I like misfits too but only the danzig period.
Old 12.07.2006, 04:13 PM   #57
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sure 90% of the people that say "Onlky the Danzig days were good" are only saying it because that is what it's cool to think. I find it bullshit, and American Psycho is killer, no two aways around it.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.07.2006, 04:31 PM   #58
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
well like ive said...the band now...is not what it was.

its a completely different approach/sound.

I agree that they changed their style a bit, but really, if you liked them with Danzig, there is hardly any reason for you to not like them without him. They were a fantasstic band, regardless of who was at the mic. I even enjoyed moments off of that new thing, and I'm not ashamed to say it. Kinda cool. (Project 1950, or whatever).

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 12.07.2006, 04:49 PM   #59
k-krack
invito al cielo

I'm well aware of the disgusting commercialization of the Misfits, I live in what used to be the hub of all 'poser' bros + hoes everywhere. (Thankfully it's changed a bit since then).

Jello and the Dead Kennedys are now officially two seperate entities, in my opinion. Since the DK's basically did American Idol for a new vocalist, and Jello has done so much cool stuff, (even the Jelvins were cool, and I hate the Melvins) I consider them unhitched.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
Old 12.07.2006, 04:50 PM   #60
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't really heard much by either band

Since I'm a Minor Threat fan, I've been meaning to check out more Fugazi (I like that song Shut the Door)

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth