Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Iowa under water, divine judgement on US ethanol program?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.20.2008, 07:11 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
just a thought, up to a third of all corn grown in the US is devoted to the silly and wasteful and evironmentally destructive process of biofuels. since an immense proportion of US corn crops are suddenly under water, and will probably be for weeks to come, is this not divine judgement?

"It takes more energy to produce a gallon of ethanol than the ethanol provides, making biofuel the triumph of politics over logic. Congress mandates the use of the alternative fuel, creating a guaranteed market, but rising costs have hammered ethanol stocks. Nevertheless, President Bush wants to increase the use of ethanol so don’t bet on the primates in Asian rainforests."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 07:35 PM   #2
diggers
little trouble girl

diggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's assesdiggers kicks all y'all's asses
cunt the fuck off
diggers is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 07:39 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggers
cunt the fuck off

point taken, but that still doesn't explain the deluge in the heart of America, and further, the media is crying more for the corn than for the folks whose lives have been devastated. think what you want of me, but this country's energy policies are disasterous, and God or the Universe or the Earth or just plain reality, however you would like to define it, its clearly voicing its dissapproval.

Old 06.20.2008, 07:40 PM   #4
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
And I thought you had enough sense to avoid this kind of "divine judgement" self-propaganda. Be sure to flagellate yourself when hard times knock. The faithful always seem to end up the same, such a shame.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 07:53 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
And I thought you had enough sense to avoid this kind of "divine judgement" self-propaganda. Be sure to flagellate yourself when hard times knock. The faithful always seem to end up the same, such a shame.

hey, I believe in this God, and I believe that this God is the sovereign of the Natural forces, and so obviously I attribute EVERYTHING to this God, good and bad, so sorry if my beliefs offends you, but this is my testimony, and as a human being I have the right to voice it, and you also have the right to critique it, so that is that.

"47I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. 48He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."

"See, the Lord has one who is powerful and strong.
Like a hailstorm and a destructive wind,
like a driving rain and a flooding downpour,
he will throw it forcefully to the ground."

and again:

Terror and pit and snare await you,
O people of the earth. 18 Whoever flees at the sound of terror
will fall into a pit;
whoever climbs out of the pit
will be caught in a snare.
The floodgates of the heavens are opened,
the foundations of the earth shake.
19 The earth is broken up,
the earth is split asunder,
the earth is thoroughly shaken.
20 The earth reels like a drunkard,
it sways like a hut in the wind;
so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion
that it falls—never to rise again.
21 In that day the LORD will punish
the powers in the heavens above
and the kings on the earth below.

Old 06.20.2008, 07:54 PM   #6
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Then consider your simplistic, self-satisfying testimony critiqued.
Old 06.20.2008, 07:57 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Then consider your simplistic, self-satisfying testimony critiqued.

do not mistake me for being satisfied, the world is a mess, there is work to be done, the flag still has to be hoisted, and so I am far from satisfied.

Old 06.20.2008, 08:25 PM   #8
pbradley
invito al cielo

And if that was even close to what I was saying, then you would have a point.
Old 06.20.2008, 08:38 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
And if that was even close to what I was saying, then you would have a point.

"Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand. In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
" 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts

Old 06.20.2008, 08:50 PM   #10
pbradley
invito al cielo

It's interesting that you so often resort to quotes whenever somebody pushes you a little. Only goes to show how much you depend on fortifying your beliefs rather than defending them in your own words.

Again, typical of the faithful.
Old 06.20.2008, 09:10 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
It's interesting that you so often resort to quotes whenever somebody pushes you a little. Only goes to show how much you depend on fortifying your beliefs rather than defending them in your own words.

Again, typical of the faithful.

bro, this entire fucking board does nothing but complain when I post endless amounts of my own words, check my last thousand threads, 99% all my words.

make up yr mind of yr preferences, in the meantime, here is another quote, but perhaps you are just to simple-minded to understand two thousand year old wisdom. but rest assured, not all the wisdom of the past was preserved, rather only that which was valuable, and this only would I qoute you, not to waste any of yr time.

"To what, then, can I compare the people of this generation? What are they like? They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling out to each other:

" 'We played the flute for you,
and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge,
and you did not cry.'

For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, 'He has a demon.'

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." '

But wisdom is proved right by all her children."

Old 06.20.2008, 09:33 PM   #12
pbradley
invito al cielo

You sure do distrust yourself.
Old 06.20.2008, 09:34 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
You sure do hate yourself.

wow.

Old 06.20.2008, 09:37 PM   #14
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quick reply.

Three seconds total. Still stand by it, though.

"The suffering of others is God's justice."

Wow.
Old 06.22.2008, 11:36 PM   #15
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
just a thought, up to a third of all corn grown in the US is devoted to the silly and wasteful and evironmentally destructive process of biofuels. since an immense proportion of US corn crops are suddenly under water, and will probably be for weeks to come, is this not divine judgement?

"It takes more energy to produce a gallon of ethanol than the ethanol provides, making biofuel the triumph of politics over logic. Congress mandates the use of the alternative fuel, creating a guaranteed market, but rising costs have hammered ethanol stocks. Nevertheless, President Bush wants to increase the use of ethanol so don’t bet on the primates in Asian rainforests."

So they gave you a new name. When do they give you a brain?
Old 06.23.2008, 04:30 AM   #16
pbradley
invito al cielo

His new brain is like any fanatic's. God is on his side and Satan is against it. Two thousand year old quotes prove this to be true.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth