Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Derek and Clive
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.04.2006, 06:43 PM   #1
TheyLiveByNight
little trouble girl

TheyLiveByNight has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Okay, so it's not music (well, some of it is) but is anyone else familiar with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore's depraved alter egos Derek and Clive, to be heard on the albums 'Derek and Clive Live', 'Come Again' and 'Ad Nauseum'? Basically they'd get drunk, head to a recording studio and lay down some of the most foul, depraved and hilarious improvised dialogues, mostly revolving around the word 'cunt'. Highlights include Clive lamenting the worst job he ever had (pulling lobsters out of Jayne Mansfield's arse), getting lost up Joan Crawford's cunt (which, like the Bermuda Triangle, is full of fleets of ships, light aircraft and the occasional hamburger stand) and having Bertrand Russell in the back of his cab. Derek sings about being fellated by his own mother, describes the time her left tit fell off and the time she caught him wanking and he had to tell her he had 'cancer of the knob' and was merely getting the pus out.
TheyLiveByNight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 07:00 PM   #2
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I have a tape (sponsored by PG Tips) that my dad let me listen to when i was about 8 or 9. Some might say it is the cause of all this mess.... I would tend to agree
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 07:04 PM   #3
TheyLiveByNight
little trouble girl

I dig that! I spent most of my teenage years listening to this stuff, and it probably did irreversably corrupt me. Good, I say! The best thing to have in life is a sense of humour, especially if its a filthy sense of humour.
Old 04.04.2006, 07:23 PM   #4
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
derek and clive is cool, although i didn't like it as much as i thought i would (i find dudley moore a bit annoying and unfunny) have you heard the stuff peter cook did with chris morris? that's great stuff too.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.04.2006, 07:29 PM   #5
TheyLiveByNight
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
derek and clive is cool, although i didn't like it as much as i thought i would (i find dudley moore a bit annoying and unfunny) have you heard the stuff peter cook did with chris morris? that's great stuff too.

To be fair to Dudley, I think he more than holds his own against Peter Cook, and still has some of the funniest moments on the records (especially the songs). Being comic foil to the Derek Bailey of comedy (since you've heard the Cook/Morris stuff you'll know of Cook's gift of improvisation) must've been massively indimidating.

I do love the 'Why Bother?' stuff Cook did with Chris Morris, all the more because Cook was coming up with it on the spot.
Old 04.05.2006, 12:35 AM   #6
The 97th Hammer
bad moon rising

The 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard suckaThe 97th Hammer cold hard sucka
All I've ever heard by them is this one song called 'Jump' but it was very filthy and hilarious so I will have to find more.
The 97th Hammer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2006, 04:13 PM   #7
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Ive got to dig that old tape out again wherever it is
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth