Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Tour Songs '06
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.19.2006, 08:10 PM   #41
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
holy shit, they played shaking hell! was it 2 hours long?

im surprised theres no ep songs on that list, but it looks pretty cool...how long was the set?
Old 04.19.2006, 09:23 PM   #42
Feelyat
little trouble girl

Feelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud ofFeelyat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor dan
im surprised theres no ep songs on that list, but it looks pretty cool...how long was the set?

it was a little over an hour and a half.

User Shaka uploaded most of the show here: http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=043PB3I0

It starts about halfway into "Incinerate"

Damn no Washing Machine songs, despite the clamour for "The Diamond Sea." Well, there's still time. Anyway, "Shaking Hell" and "Brother James" were fucking incredible picks. Good deal.

Huh. I just realized that I'm going to be seeing them play Lollapalooza in Chicago and that Lollapalooza '95 was when they started playing Washing Machine songs so... maybe? Oh, pipe dreams.
Feelyat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 10:19 PM   #43
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
!

Motherfuck yeah!!! Shaking Hell! Mote! Sunday!!! Brother James!!! And this is them just warming up.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.19.2006, 10:22 PM   #44
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

It better have been two fucking hours. I won't even listen if it is under that.
Old 04.20.2006, 01:13 AM   #45
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
so latest setlist from Le Move, Paris, France 19-04-06

Incinerate
Sleepin Around
Do You Believe In Rapture
Pink Steam
Shaking Hell
Rats
Pacific Coast Hiway
Stones
Turquoise Boy
Lights Out
Sunday
Brother James
----------------------
Making The Nature Scene
Or
----------------------
Mote

Damn, SUNDAY. That might be the gem there.

EDIT: NO!!!! Shaking Hell? Holy fuck.
Old 05.15.2006, 11:11 PM   #46
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Bump
Old 05.16.2006, 12:59 AM   #47
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
I would love to see Burning Spear or I Dreamed I Dream played a lot this tour.
I still haven't heard the new stuff...still trying to hold out for the official release.
Otherwise, looks good. I would love to hear Sunday live!

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 01:07 AM   #48
RockerNino
bad moon rising

RockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's assesRockerNino kicks all y'all's asses
As far as them being a 4 piece, this is what I read from Pitchfork:

As previously reported, Sonic Youth kick off a summer tour on June 13, the same day Rather Ripped is born. Mark Ibold, formerly of Pavement and Kim Gordon's band Free Kitten, is joining the band on bass.

Here's the Link:

http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/06-05/09.shtml

So who knows what to expect. Totally different dynamic then anything they've done before.
RockerNino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 01:27 AM   #49
guitarwolf
little trouble girl

guitarwolf has tongues queuing up for a rim-festguitarwolf has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
I'm hoping they bring out a lot of the older heavier stuff to couteract the mellowness of Rather Ripped. I would be happy if I heard anything off Bad Moon Rising, Confusion is Sex or Evol, and to get song specific I would love to see Lee play Eric's Trip!
guitarwolf is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 01:38 AM   #50
krastian
invito al cielo

I just hope they open up with an oldie.....the new songs are pretty good, but like guitarwolf alluded to, they are kind of mellow. I need instant action! Yes need. My favorite shows have been the ones where they pay 2 or 3 old songs before hitting the new material. Less than a month away!
Old 05.16.2006, 03:43 AM   #51
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
I just want to hear "Brother James" live. One time. That's all I ask.

They play 'brother james' on every tour... ANd I hate that song, yuck.
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 03:45 AM   #52
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelyat

Damn no Washing Machine songs, despite the clamour for "The Diamond Sea." Well, there's still time. Anyway, "Shaking Hell" and "Brother James" were fucking incredible picks. Good deal.

There was no washsing machine songs since they lost a lot of the gear they used on those songs.
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2006, 11:49 AM   #53
Pablitzen
the destroyed room

Pablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to beholdPablitzen is a splendid one to behold
I've never seen them playin live...
but if i have to choose some tracks:

* Silver Rocket
* Expressway
* Kotton Krown
* Kill Yr. Idols
* I love her all the time
* Rain on Tin
* Brother James

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth