Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Slaughterhouse (hip hop)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.15.2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Elder.
little trouble girl

Elder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's asses

Any one ever hear of these guys? A friend of mine was listening to the deput release in the car. I only got to hear the first three tracks but I was really fucking impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I4TV-oVXT0

from the label:
HIP HOP SUPERGROUP SLAUGHTERHOUSE (JOELL ORTIZ, JOE BUDDEN, CROOKED I AND ROYCE DA 5'9") TO RELEASE MUCH BUZZED ABOUT DEBUT ALBUM ON E1 MUSIC NEW SELF TITLED DEBUT TO BE RELEASED ON JULY 7TH, 2009 GROUP TO TOUR NATIONALLY THIS SUMMER On July 7th 2009, E1 Music is thrilled to announce the highly anticipated debut album from Slaughterhouse-- the hip hop super-group featuring four of the most lyrical MCs in the game -- Joell Ortiz, Royce Da 5'9", Joe Budden and Crooked I.
The group came together only 10 short months ago when Joe Budden was working on a song for his Halfway House album and enlisted the services of Crooked I, Joell Ortiz and Royce Da 5'9" for a song called "Slaughterhouse." Inspired by the vibe of track and the immediate chemistry of the four rappers, a plan was immediately made to form the super-group. Several songs and a handful of viral videos later only created increased demand and curiosity from fans. Hip-hop heads demanded to hear more! And now they'll be able to.
The fearsome foursome is now in the studio recording songs for its official upcoming debut album. The album will feature production by The Alchemist, Streetrunner, DJ Khalil and Denaun Porter.
Among working track titles of songs set to be included on the album are "Not Tonight," "Microphone," "Number 1" and "Cuckoo."
Slaughterhouse member Royce Da 5'9" weighs in, "This group is really something special and this summer I'm excited to show the world what we have to offer! If you thought that we were just gonna release a few tracks to the net and then disappear you are in for a very rude awakening."
Joell Ortiz adds, "We did an entire album in 6 days! When you genuinely love what you're doing everything is effortless. It was like a long party. I can't wait for the fans to experience this album."
Alan Grunblatt, Executive VP/GM of E1 Music, offers, "Slaughterhouse is the most exciting new group to hit the hip hop scene in many years. I'm thrilled to be working with old friends Royce, Joell, Crooked and new friend Joe Budden."
Slaughterhouse will be touring this summer, on both the Rock The Bells tour and on a club tour around the RTB's dates. For a complete list of dates please visit: http://www.guerillaunion.com/rockthebells
Elder. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2009, 11:33 AM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Hm.. one of the guys in the group is named Joel.. cool. I've heard good things about Joe Budden's underground work. I'll check em out
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2009, 12:08 PM   #3
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, they look cool!!
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2009, 12:09 PM   #4
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Joell Ortiz and Royce pretty much take that album. Lyrically all 4 are
incredible, and the beats are uniformly better than I expected. The only
weak stuff on the album are the 3 (!) skits. I mean in this day and age!
Old 08.15.2009, 12:10 PM   #5
Elder.
little trouble girl

Elder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's assesElder. kicks all y'all's asses
I know what you mean about the skits. Almost done listening to the album now. And it could really do without them.
Old 08.15.2009, 12:15 PM   #6
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
"Sound Off" and "Microphone" are my favorites after a couple listens to the
album.
Old 08.15.2009, 12:20 PM   #7
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I sort of think they're all okay individually. But I'm not really a big enough fan of any of them to get the album.
Old 08.15.2009, 12:22 PM   #8
Elder.
little trouble girl

They've really got some great verses.
The first half seems to be the stronger, by a bit.
(for my taste anyway)
over all quite impressive.
Still have one track left.
Old 08.15.2009, 07:17 PM   #9
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I thought this thread would be about Masta Ace Inc.

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2009, 07:53 AM   #10
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Masta Ace Inc.'s BORN TO ROLL is a must-have.
Old 08.16.2009, 07:56 AM   #11
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
i heard they were awesome live, and that the rest obviously can't stand budden lol

i'm sure the album is sick,but i'm not going to bother listening to it
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2009, 08:56 AM   #12
noisereductions
invito al cielo

after actually hearing a Slaughterhouse track, I've decided it has to be the next album I buy. I was like "woah!"
Old 09.14.2009, 11:38 AM   #13
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Well I have to say, at the very least, Sound Off is a pretty amazing track.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2009, 11:47 AM   #14
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I dont know which song I heard. But it was pretty incredible.
Old 09.14.2009, 12:58 PM   #15
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I've only heard a couple, on Youtube. All were good to great. I'll have to add this to my "list".
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth