Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Photography Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.20.2007, 07:58 PM   #1121
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2007, 11:55 PM   #1122
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1rr0r dash

This one is even cooler than the other one. Crazy

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2007, 11:57 PM   #1123
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
It's an easy effect, but it's pleasing.
Old 12.21.2007, 02:26 AM   #1124
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Very pleasing!
I like it a lot.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 02:45 PM   #1125
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
It's an easy effect, but it's pleasing.

this was the result of a collaborative series of improvisations where the camera was on a tripod with the shutter clamped open for anywhere from 45 seconds to 5 minutes while 2-4 people moved through the field of view with flashlights and lighters. the only thing done in photoshop was levels on the RAW file and jpg compression. there was a camcorder being passed between the people with lights, but none of that footage was usable.

the same is true of the 'multiple exposure' portraits i posted in the other thread. those were done the same way, but instead of the lights moving though the scene pointing at the camera, one person would be in front of the camera performing a choreographed series of poses or movements, lit from either side by two people with a main light and a fill light, and another person manually holding the shutter open for the duration.

it wasn't necessarily easy or hard, just time consumming. and not something you could do if you live in an area with enough light pollution so that it doesn't get pitch black at night. outside a studio that is. it was dark enough after the fire died to handle infrared film by just turning off the flashlight.

but i'm glad you found it pleasing, it was quite a lot of fun to do actually.

Old 12.21.2007, 02:57 PM   #1126
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

if you look closely at the second one, you can see that the ghostly rose shape is coming out of a glowing portion of victoria's torso as she holds her hands over her head. freaky. i almost deleted it at the time. we have no idea how that happened, but all of us and anyone whose seen the 8x10 thinks its the best shot from the whole thing. the only explanation we've thought of so far is that it was her arm from a different pose.

Old 12.21.2007, 03:54 PM   #1127
daydream
little trouble girl

daydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's asses

Took these in Hong Kong over the summer. Nice in some ways, dull in others I suppose.
daydream is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 04:00 PM   #1128
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
if you look closely at the second one, you can see that the ghostly rose shape is coming out of a glowing portion of victoria's torso as she holds her hands over her head. freaky. i almost deleted it at the time. we have no idea how that happened, but all of us and anyone whose seen the 8x10 thinks its the best shot from the whole thing. the only explanation we've thought of so far is that it was her arm from a different pose.
Yeah, I brightented it in photoshop (my monitor is dark and it's hard for me to see images as such) and I can see a hand.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 04:37 PM   #1129
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

cool, i'll have to check it out, i never lightened it, actually darkened it in levels as much as i could without losing it even though it was already underexposed to get rid of the leaves in the back so it was more like an abstract figure...

Old 12.21.2007, 04:50 PM   #1130
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

nice hong kong photos, daydream. my school has a study abroad program there. i was thinking of going... but it's pretty expensive, and i think i'm going to do the mexico program instead, cause it's cheaper, and my thesis chair theaches there. i want to go to italy where the second for my thesis committee teaches, but that's a full semester, not a summer program, so it's more expensive than hong kong or mexico.

did you get one of these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PF6wAPeiOw

Old 12.21.2007, 05:10 PM   #1131
daydream
little trouble girl

daydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's assesdaydream kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks a bunch. Yeah, my girlfriend and I bought them when we realised they were good for literally EVERYTHING. Saved so much hassle on the MTR plus you got discounts and stuff too. London's got the Oyster card now (based on Octopus) and NY has/will, right?

Hong Kong's public transport is probably the best I've ever used thus far anywhere in the world. Just... unbelievable. So's the whole city though. I only ended up going because we got flights for £270/return each! So like $550. Which wasn't bad, considering we got upgraded to Business class on the way back... snazzy.

I really want to go to Mexio too, now you mention it. The girlfriend is from Bolivia so she'd be good as a translating sidekick.
daydream is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2007, 05:12 PM   #1132
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
this was the result of a collaborative series of improvisations where the camera was on a tripod with the shutter clamped open for anywhere from 45 seconds to 5 minutes while 2-4 people moved through the field of view with flashlights and lighters. the only thing done in photoshop was levels on the RAW file and jpg compression. there was a camcorder being passed between the people with lights, but none of that footage was usable.

the same is true of the 'multiple exposure' portraits i posted in the other thread. those were done the same way, but instead of the lights moving though the scene pointing at the camera, one person would be in front of the camera performing a choreographed series of poses or movements, lit from either side by two people with a main light and a fill light, and another person manually holding the shutter open for the duration.

it wasn't necessarily easy or hard, just time consumming. and not something you could do if you live in an area with enough light pollution so that it doesn't get pitch black at night. outside a studio that is. it was dark enough after the fire died to handle infrared film by just turning off the flashlight.

but i'm glad you found it pleasing, it was quite a lot of fun to do actually.

Yeah I know how to do it. My girlfriends a photographer.

It looks good and gets the wow factor from people, but it's quite an easy effect.
Old 12.21.2007, 05:33 PM   #1133
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydream
Thanks a bunch. Yeah, my girlfriend and I bought them when we realised they were good for literally EVERYTHING. Saved so much hassle on the MTR plus you got discounts and stuff too. London's got the Oyster card now (based on Octopus) and NY has/will, right?

Hong Kong's public transport is probably the best I've ever used thus far anywhere in the world. Just... unbelievable. So's the whole city though. I only ended up going because we got flights for £270/return each! So like $550. Which wasn't bad, considering we got upgraded to Business class on the way back... snazzy.

I really want to go to Mexio too, now you mention it. The girlfriend is from Bolivia so she'd be good as a translating sidekick.

i'm going to check out the Metrocard when i go up there sunday... i've always appreciated ny's subways, but i've really only lived longer enough in to really know the metro in ny and atlanta... well, atlanta barely has a metro to speak of, but it's hand if you leave near a station and don't have to take a bus. paris metro was huge, clean, had good signage and was still confusing. i think it has something to do with the french.

Old 12.22.2007, 10:07 PM   #1134
Ripchord
the destroyed room

Ripchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's asses

So, like, my stupid teenage ass got a job. And so now I get to sign off the rights to my photos, I'm pretty excited.

Ripchord is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2007, 01:34 AM   #1135
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses

The couch is a little blown out but whatever.

Old 12.26.2007, 12:57 AM   #1136
EMMAh
invito al cielo

I went picture taking while at my grand parents house for Christmas.

Old 12.26.2007, 01:05 AM   #1137
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Old 12.26.2007, 09:07 AM   #1138
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
just so I dont have to skim

is there any photography in this thread that doesnt use long night exposures or photoshop filters?
Old 12.26.2007, 09:09 AM   #1139
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
or that doesnt have pets in it or happy snaps. you know.
Old 12.26.2007, 09:54 AM   #1140
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
just so I dont have to skim

is there any photography in this thread that doesnt use long night exposures or photoshop filters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
or that doesnt have pets in it or happy snaps. you know.

No, there are not.
Now you're free to stay away from this thread and go talk about panties, your job, or something else even less interesting, happy?
Yeah, I've got one of those days, so I'm bad.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
47545556 57 58596067107157 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth