Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Music that Sir David Lynch should consider using for his movies
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.04.2009, 09:58 AM   #21
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
he totally needs baldamenti back, his presense was noticably absent from inland empire.

some tunes i think that would work great:
lustmord
stockhausen "mikrophonie"
tim hecker
the more ominous less shredding kevin drumm stuff, like the well comppsed and thought out "imperial distortion"
metgumbnerbone
gary numan/guns n roses/black flag for that quintessential "los angeles" vibe"

his freaky surreal scenes would go great with Jean-Louis Costes's non music collage stuff. Costes is arguably the wierdest stuff on the planet.

This is really fun though, I want to do other directors.

Jodorowsky:
Pengo (very obvious considering thier debut full length was a jam set to the first 30 mins of the holy mountain)
Acid Mothers Temple and the Cosmic Inferno
Silvester Anfang
Les Rallizes Denudes
Neil Cambell and bands
AShNAv
Group Doueh (OH MY GOD THAT WOULD BE FUCKIN RIGHTEOUS)

Michael Mann (early; The Thief-Heat, etc.. Though I like some of his newer films too, hell I actually kinda enjoyed Miami Vice, it was jsut misunderstoof I think, Heat to me is the best action film ever, some flaws such as Pacino's occasional tendency to overact and some needless story lines are totally overshadowed by its sheer epicness, Pacino and Deniro on screen together for the first time really was phenomenal. And have you guys ever seen his early film "The Thief" that I just mentioned, super stylish crime film with James Caan in an absolutely electrifyyinh psychotic performance, the best ive seen gim really)

i cant think what wouild be good with him, most of his films I can't imagine without thier scores, which were always fairly good. Can anyone else see the titanic influence "heat" had on "the Dark Knight", it was probably that influence that made Nolan want to create a film far more ambitious than a comic action film would usually have. Wrong thread I know, but I've been digging Mann lately. Oh, and "The Insider", shit.

Sam Peckinpah:
Los Llamarada (for "Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia")
some band that does a great quiet/ominous thing and then turns into a chaotic/loud thing for "Straw Dogs" to mimic the film's building subtle intensity and eventual brutal climax. I guess Sonic Youth could work.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2009, 02:18 PM   #22
Massassinated
bad moon rising

Massassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's assesMassassinated kicks all y'all's asses
The Caretaker

Agree with the Carla Bozulich and Charalambides suggestions too
Old 03.04.2009, 03:59 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Heh, Jodorowsky should use Lau Nau since she already used melodies from the Holy Mountain soundtrain for the new album.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2009, 04:08 PM   #24
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
Whoa. Listening now.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2009, 09:28 AM   #25
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar
terrible suggestion,it's only because they play in a highly stylized way,that sounds like some original david lynch music.Just see the lounge scene in Firewalk with Me. the soundtrack for Inland Empire is incredible too,and the difference is-the band you suggest who I won't even mention,because I think they are so lame-they come across forced,and when they do cover,it's totally lifeless.yeah all that and moore

I saw THE RAVEONETTES live back in 2003, Chicago, when they had a 4-members line up... it was pure sonic bliss, they were just great. Their first 2 albums are pure David Lynch material, for sure.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth