Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Jazz Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2007, 07:49 PM   #41
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
oops...drunk and editing...I was writing something else about A Love Supreme that I later took out, and forgot what I was doing...suites...that was a total autopilot blackout there...i got my "sheets" mixed with my "suites" hehe...I made a brief point about GS then one about ALS but confused things a bit on accident.

I was actually going to write something about Om. Well, it went through my head for a second anyway.
It's the only one I don't actually own on the list besides Meditations, so perhaps it is misplaced. I have First Meditations though and I've listened to Om before, but it's been awhile. I just remember it really challenging me and giving just the right little bits of musical firmament for nourishment. But as much as I still dig the later stuff, I feel it can't really touch the vast majority of the early-mid and mid period.

I also don't have Bags 'n' Trane, Ole, and a whole bunch of others.

I do have quite a few that didn't make the lists, however...Ballads, Coltrane Plays the Blues, John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman, Coltrane's Sound (great Columbia comp), Coltrane for Lovers, a bunch of Prestige, etc...
but..ah../

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth