Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café VII
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 10.01.2018, 03:25 PM   #681
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,868
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
White people can praise Trump without incident.

Black guy does it and it's armageddon.

I'm not comfortable with that and I'm sticking to it.

Ok, if it was as simple as that, yes.

But what white guys have supported Trump without catching hell? Seriously, who?

Tim Allen likened supporting Trump in Hollywood to being a Jew in Nazi Germany. (He’s an asshole, but...)

The reason Kanye’s catching hell is not because he’s black. I mean, sure that’s part of it, since Trump is so overtly anti-Black, but the main reason is that he’s an artist with a history of being liberal and outspoken about white oppression.

If Thurston Moore supported Trump, I’d flip a goddamn dick.
Wayne Coyne? Trent Reznor? Sufjan Stevens?

Even Taylor Swift won’t go near it because she knows it’s toxic. But if she did support Trump vocally, OH WHAT HELL WOULD RAIN DOWN.

I’m bot comfortable with the idea that “all black people have to/should be democrats” either, but NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE, SHOULD BE OR EVER HAVE BEEN. Ask fucking Ben Carson!

I appreciate you being the lone voice defending (ish?) Kanye instead of me for once, but come on dude. The problem is not that he’s black and supporting Trump, the problem is that he supports Trump and knows fuckall about why!

Roseanne... supports Trump... got killed off her own TV show.

Your argument doesn’t hold water.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2018, 04:05 PM   #682
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo
 
Dr. Eugene Felikson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,680
Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder


"And when I say being myself... that doesn't mean I'm being Donald Trump... it means, I'm being me... and I'm punk, and I can wear whatever I want 'cause I'm a god, and there's nothing that I can wear.... this t-shirt, this don't make me. This is the way I look at this time on this planet. Y'know, other times... maybe had a robe on. Next time, maybe it's like a full electrical suit, and we just have just our chakras here, and everything else is mechanical so we like running at like a thousand miles per milli-milli-milli whatever - whatever that is."

 
__________________

 

No matter how strong you are, allies can make you stronger.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2018, 04:25 PM   #683
evollove
invito al cielo
 
evollove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,912
evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
But what white guys have supported Trump without catching hell? Seriously, who?

All of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Roseanne... supports Trump... got killed off her own TV show.

No. The Valerie Jarrett tweet did that.

She did get shit from liberals for playing a pro-Trump character, and maybe for being a pro-Trump person irl, but that's not why she got fired.

And if you're saying that it's impossible to be a pro-Trump public figure without getting eviscerated, then I RESPECT KANYE EVEN MORE! Dude's got balls. Admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
the problem is that he supports Trump and knows fuckall about why!

Oh. So you'd be cool with his politics if he wrote a lengthy, well-reasoned argument for the National Review? Doubt it.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2018, 05:24 PM   #684
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,868
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
All of them.


Yeah, my local representative whose JOB IT IS TO BE A REPUBLICAN is a white Trump supporter and people have been protesting at his office since 2016.

Seriously... name a celebrity who has expressed support of Trump and not dealt with fallout. Name one. Any race will do.


Quote:
No. The Valerie Jarrett tweet did that.

She did get shit from liberals for playing a pro-Trump character, and maybe for being a pro-Trump person irl, but that's not why she got fired.

And if you're saying that it's impossible to be a pro-Trump public figure without getting eviscerated, then I RESPECT KANYE EVEN MORE! Dude's got balls. Admit it.

1. True
2. Ok
3. Balls aren’t necessarily good... if he was supporting Hitler in 1940 would that be edgy and ballsy and cool and deserving of your respect?


Quote:
Oh. So you'd be cool with his politics if he wrote a lengthy, well-reasoned argument for the National Review? Doubt it.

Wait, so you’re saying MY opinion of Kanye’s trump support is racially charged?
Me? The guy who vocally loves Kanye more than this board can sometimes handle? And who vocally opposes Trump? Me? You think it’s because Kanye’s black? For *me* now?

Fuck you, man. You don’t know shit. I throw fits about every Trump supporter I meet. He’s perfectly allowed to have his opinion, but it would be racist of me NOT to call him out on his Trump support just because he’s black.

He gets a “fuck you, you’re crazy, give me one sane reason why” just like everyone else.

So fuck you.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2018, 05:36 PM   #685
evollove
invito al cielo
 
evollove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,912
evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Hahaha. Triggered snowflake.

jk.

No, I don't think you're racist. Obviously. The fuck?

I think you're emotionally devastated that someone you (once) highly respected has a different opinion than you, and I think that even if the opinion had been well-articulated, you'd still be hurt.

Here's what's really going on:

Someone neither of us will meet said something neither of us agrees with, and because the entire incident has been blown totally out of proportion and because the incident has virtually no real-world consequences, I'm amused.

Also, didn't mention this, but I have been bombarded all day by my acquaintances who are 100% "liberal" and in tears because of this, and I feel safer expressing a contrary opinion here than elsewhere. Thanks for your indulgence.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2018, 05:58 PM   #686
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,868
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Hahaha. Triggered snowflake.

jk.

No, I don't think you're racist. Obviously. The fuck?

I think you're emotionally devastated that someone you (once) highly respected has a different opinion than you, and I think that even if the opinion had been well-articulated, you'd still be hurt.

Here's what's really going on:

Someone neither of us will meet said something neither of us agrees with, and because the entire incident has been blown totally out of proportion and because the incident has virtually no real-world consequences, I'm amused.

Also, didn't mention this, but I have been bombarded all day by my acquaintances who are 100% "liberal" and in tears because of this, and I feel safer expressing a contrary opinion here than elsewhere. Thanks for your indulgence.

Hey I’ve defended the guy... well, this forum is a living testament to my love for Kanye West, and that love has not abated, but I do think he’s wrong and I do think he’s acting like a child. I think he has a message in his head that makes perfect sense and he’s astonished that people can’t get it, so he keeps driving at it... and I think he’s uninformed and crazy.

Yes, some people will say he’s a race betrayer. Personally, I really would love to hear a concise and coherent reason for supporting Trump, and an explanation for accepting all the racist things Trump has done.
If he provided that, I’d go back to, “Well, I never liked him for his politics anyway.”

But I assure you, I’d shittalk the fuck out of any white person who supported Trump in equal if not greater measure.

(FUCK YOU, TIM ALLEN, YOU’VE N-E-V-E-R BEEN FUNNY, COCKSHIT!)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2018, 08:46 AM   #687
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,868
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Carter V is fine and all, but I’m listening to Carter III right now, and that’s what I’ll continue to do if given the choice.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2018, 02:41 AM   #688
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo
 
Dr. Eugene Felikson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,680
Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Whats the general opinion here of Kodak Black?
__________________

 

No matter how strong you are, allies can make you stronger.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2018, 08:02 AM   #689
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,868
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Whats the general opinion here of Kodak Black?

Worthless piece of trash.

Musically, better than some (like XXXshitatación) but still kind of a domestic abusing shithole.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2018, 09:39 AM   #690
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo
 
Dr. Eugene Felikson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,680
Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
domestic abusing?

aww damn =/ i wasnt aware
__________________

 

No matter how strong you are, allies can make you stronger.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2018, 03:12 PM   #691
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo
 
Rob Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In the land of the Instigator
Posts: 27,864
Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Kodak Black is a middling rapper and a great wife beater.
__________________
RXTT's Intellectual Journey - my new blog where I talk about all the books I read.
Rob Instigator is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2018, 03:13 PM   #692
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo
 
Rob Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In the land of the Instigator
Posts: 27,864
Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Leonard Cohen posthumous poems have one called KANYE WEST IS NOT PICASSO


https://news.avclub.com/leonard-cohe...s-a-1829682971
__________________
RXTT's Intellectual Journey - my new blog where I talk about all the books I read.
Rob Instigator is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2018, 03:41 PM   #693
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo
 
Dr. Eugene Felikson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,680
Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Honestly I dont know anything about his personal life but what I love most about him is his love songs so that shocking
__________________

 

No matter how strong you are, allies can make you stronger.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2018, 01:16 PM   #694
evollove
invito al cielo
 
evollove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,912
evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Wu Tang Clan on Jimmy Kimmel next week. I'm embarrassed at how excited I am.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2018, 05:52 PM   #695
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,868
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Leonard Cohen posthumous poems have one called KANYE WEST IS NOT PICASSO


https://news.avclub.com/leonard-cohe...s-a-1829682971

Dude, there are so many other true, awful, upsetting things about Kanye going on right now.

You and Leonard Cohen being stupidly wrong about his musical prowess is really not even going to register on the Kanye-is-a-Dumpster-Fire-O-Meter.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
25
323334 35
-->

Thread Tools

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth