Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: 360 or ps3
xbox 360 10 52.63%
ps3 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08.21.2009, 03:24 PM   #41
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Lemme put my previous post into perspective:
I have owned over 200 Genesis games in my life. But I will say that I recently sold every single one of them (!).

I've only owned about 50 SNES games. I've gotten it down to about 10 essential games, but I'd never sell those.

I'd like to mention that quite a few Genesis games I owned were also released on the SNES -- but I've found that the Genesis ports were usually "better" (if you had a 6-Button controller). There's some exceptions, but usually the games on the Genesis were way faster, and the music always sounded cooler. The Genesis had a REALLY WEIRD sound chip.. listen to the music in games like Contra Hard Corps.

Oh, that reminds me, Contra Hard Corps is better than Contra 3 (for the SNES) by miles. Castlevania Bloodlines is a thousand times better than
Castlevania IV or the AWFUL port of Dracula X for the SNES. I even like SFII Championship Edition over Turbo (strangely, Championship Edition was faster than a game called "Turbo"! Didn't look as pretty though).

The biggest one for me is Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the Genesis. It is soooooo much better than the SNES port. And I've owned both.

Still, for whatever reason, I just don't feel compelled to own a Genesis ever again. Maybe for the same reason I recently sold all of my VHS tapes except for about 15. I just kinda don't want to be tied down to things that I really like -- but don't love. I can't imagine myself wanting to play some of those games.. hell, MOST .. of those games .. ever again.

On the other hand, I'll never get sick of TETRIS ATTACK. I own 4 copies.. (2 actual copies of the SNES T-Attack, then Planet Puzzle League, then a Game Boy Color Pokemon Puzzle League Japanese copy.. they're all the same game though)

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2009, 05:37 PM   #42
yr
little trouble girl

yr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's assesyr kicks all y'all's asses
Who cares whether you get a Genesis or SNES? they both have the best game ever made

yr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2009, 01:42 AM   #43
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
PS3.....

My son's 10. We've got all the systems: the PS3 gets all of the attention and is the go-to system for new releases.

They're all good but the XBOX is Microsoft... and that just sucks. They rape you to play online.... PS3 is hands down free.... same service, same capabilities. That's a huge embedded value over the long run.
XBOX's are built to break.
PS3 = Blue Ray Player.
PS3 just had a price break to now match 360's prices.
PS3 = better controllers.
I personally think the PS3's = better graphics..... I've played the same games on both systems on the same TV and the PS3 if notably more impressive.

Unless they are going for the Windows based games (Halo, Warcraft, etc.) PS3 has all the same games, plus a few.

As far as Wii goes. We did the Wii thing for my son last Xmas (he was 10) and got a deal with enough games to last him a year...... he barely, BARELY even played them. They are just really simple, tiresome games that are geared towards gimmick rather than fun. I could go on about the Wii but in short, it's a stretch for now to evolve "good" games around those controllers.
FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2009, 08:57 AM   #44
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
adam, I think Gen vs SNES ports was 50/50. MK1 for instance was so much better on Gen. But SNES fucked shit up with MK2. Ya dig?
Old 08.22.2009, 02:22 PM   #45
jerf
children of satan

jerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's assesjerf kicks all y'all's asses
SNES editing the blood out of MK was the last straw. Genesis is the ultimate experience for MK for that reason alone.

jerf is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.22.2009, 05:07 PM   #46
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Well, you can get the blood in MK1 for the SNES with a Game Genie code.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth