Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Attention Londoners
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.03.2014, 12:57 PM   #41
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I doubt it's much different in the other countries that have proper infrastructure
http://www.taxrates.cc/html/slovakia-tax-rates.html
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2014, 01:24 PM   #42
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
if i understand progressive income taxes correctly, you get taxed 10% on the first 2880, 20% on the 2881-31,065, 40% on the 31,866+

it's not like they tax you 40% on the whole income-- only on the income above each margin.

i hope i'm clear and correct on this because that's how it works in 'merica. otherwise someone who makes 31865 would take home a lot more than someone who makes 31,866-- which would be an incentive to earn less and therefore stupid.

Don't know the exact figures for individual circumstances but I'd say most people can budget on the assumption that they'll take home roughly 70% (probably a little bit more) of their salary - unless they're freelance or have their own business, when they'll keep the lot but have to file their own tax return at the end of the year. But again, 30% seems like a good round figure whichever way it's done. That'll include deductions for tax and national insurance.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2014, 01:55 PM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Don't know the exact figures for individual circumstances but I'd say most people can budget on the assumption that they'll take home roughly 70% (probably a little bit more) of their salary - unless they're freelance or have their own business, when they'll keep the lot but have to file their own tax return at the end of the year. But again, 30% seems like a good round figure whichever way it's done. That'll include deductions for tax and national insurance.
damn, it looks super-simple by comparison.

calculating your income taxes in the yooessey is a fucking nightmare. there are pre-tax deductions (social security and medicare, plus some employee benefits), adjusted gross income, further tax deductions (standard or itemized), taxable income, tax credits, shittons of tax brackets, filing status (single, married, head of household, and i forget what else), then taxes can be federal, state, and local (these last two not always apply). enough to give a grown man a case of the spastic shits.
Old 01.03.2014, 02:25 PM   #44
Cunt
bad moon rising

Cunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
it's not like they tax you 40% on the whole income-- only on the income above each margin.
this. and remember that that's after allowances.

i'm not a londoner btw.
Cunt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2014, 05:17 PM   #45
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Horses for courses, it seems that the average income in Slovakia is lower than minimum wage in the UK.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2014, 05:18 PM   #46
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Wait ...
is that really true?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/it.htm#2a

If I make more than £31,866 a year, they tax me 40% in the UK?

But ... that's just ... not ... right.

£32,000/year after tax is something like £2200/month.
Old 01.04.2014, 02:53 AM   #47
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Slavo, also when the time comes, you have to look into whats the deal between your country and the UK regarding taxes for abroad workers. you dont want to end up paying double taxes or fines (in your country).
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2014, 04:25 AM   #48
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
That's just about the size of an apartment I was once thinking about in St. James, right off Buckingham Gate. The Queen lives three blocks up the street from that one.
you must be a rich person to even consider getting a flat in that area. not that i'd ever want to live there.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2014, 04:58 AM   #49
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Horses for courses, it seems that the average income in Slovakia is lower than minimum wage in the UK.

true.
it's really pointless to compare our and your economy. it's two different worlds.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.05.2014, 05:27 AM   #50
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
And don't forget the bonus of being nearer to us Londoners and near-to-Londoners. And that's something you can't put a price on.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.13.2014, 04:09 AM   #51
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I decided to turn down the offer.
It would be kind of a step down from the rather comfortable life I'm having right now + there are other factors that matter.

So, fellow Londoners, I guess we'll see each other by other occasion.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.13.2014, 04:43 AM   #52
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
whatever you decided would be and it will be OK.
and if you at some point want to try to move to London again, its never too late you know.
wish you all the best. x
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.13.2014, 07:46 AM   #53
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I decided to turn down the offer.
It would be kind of a step down from the rather comfortable life I'm having right now + there are other factors that matter.

So, fellow Londoners, I guess we'll see each other by other occasion.

You've made the right decision for you, which is what counts. Am sure we'll see you over here at some point for a holiday/visit as and when you're ready.
Old 01.13.2014, 08:48 AM   #54
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
its never too late you know.

There's also no time like the present. Ahem.
Old 01.13.2014, 10:15 AM   #55
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Congrats. According to this thread, you probably did the right thing.

Why dream of Detroit when you have Slovakia, which I'm sure is cleaner, and much safer.

Old 01.13.2014, 10:35 AM   #56
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
damn, it looks super-simple by comparison.

calculating your income taxes in the yooessey is a fucking nightmare. there are pre-tax deductions (social security and medicare, plus some employee benefits), adjusted gross income, further tax deductions (standard or itemized), taxable income, tax credits, shittons of tax brackets, filing status (single, married, head of household, and i forget what else), then taxes can be federal, state, and local (these last two not always apply). enough to give a grown man a case of the spastic shits.

In NY, the various entities take about 33% of my income before I get it, then we have a 8.5% sales tax on most everything, and there are built in taxes on things like gas, booze, cigs, etc. I figure they get about 40% of my income at the end of the day.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.13.2014, 10:41 AM   #57
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
In NY, the various entities take about 33% of my income before I get it, then we have a 8.5% sales tax on most everything, and there are built in taxes on things like gas, booze, cigs, etc. I figure they get about 40% of my income at the end of the day.

But you live in New York! You have the most rats!

I was watching a Spalding Gray video the other day and in it he's talking about his neighbor's loud music and how they can't make her turn it down even at 2am and I started getting a headache just thinking about loud, annoying neighbors I've had (and I'm sure I've been one, too).

Not having to make noise complaints is a delicious thing.
Old 01.13.2014, 12:05 PM   #58
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Not having to make noise complaints is a delicious thing.

Noise has become the main issue with urban living. I seem to value peace and quiet more and more. I don't mind it outdoors and quite like the hustle and noise of the city when I'm walking around in it, but I do like to shut it all out when I get home.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2014, 03:18 AM   #59
Daugas
empty page

Daugas has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
if i understand progressive income taxes correctly, you get taxed 10% on the first 2880, 20% on the 2881-31,065, 40% on the 31,866+

i hope i'm clear and correct on this because that's how it works in 'merica. otherwise someone who makes 31865 would take home a lot more than someone who makes 31,866-- which would be an incentive to earn less and therefore stupid.

Wouldn't that be rather 20 % on the first 31,865 and 40 % on the 31,866 + ?
Daugas is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2014, 09:48 AM   #60
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daugas
Wouldn't that be rather 20 % on the first 31,865 and 40 % on the 31,866 + ?

i don't know for sure, i found a table that said 10%/20%/40% and i went with it. but i don't know the actual rates for sure-- i was just trying to explain progressive taxes-- it's a common misconception the increasing rates are retroactive-- but in a different way of saying it, it's the income that gets taxed, not the person.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth