Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Thoughts on Ann Coulter's stupidity regarding Soccer/Football
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2014, 05:50 PM   #21
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
coulter is junk food for dumb amerinazis who cant cope with their place in the world. there's a conflict between being SPECIAL little american narcissists who are just great and then having the expectations of the rest of the world that you supposedly rule to live up to.

so she gives a little pressure release with this sneering at cartoons of weak liberals. noone calls her out for the lost war she cheerleaded cos its all liberals fault for losing it. even though thats bullshit.

she's like englands laurie penny who is another talentless media star only on the left and writing articles about how sports suck.

may china nuke us all.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2014, 06:56 PM   #22
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery

she's like englands laurie penny

She reminds me more of David Starkey, not just politically. There's a shared wit there. Laurie Penny's just a humourless, overly earnest chain of slogans. Almost as excruciating as that Owen Jones.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2014, 08:15 PM   #23
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I'm ok with football as long as people stop associating it with creativity. It's a boring ass sport.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2014, 08:30 PM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I'm ok with football as long as people stop associating it with creativity. It's a boring ass sport.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2014, 01:10 AM   #25
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
i have no idea who this lady is.

didnt connect the telly, but i ll go to watch the game tonight with my parents. if only to do smth with them, other then go to eat or get food, or the other things that depress me, for a change.

what is surely annoying is the sexist 'jokes' that surface in social media, during soccer times. its a miracle i havent replied with fuck off to all of them.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2014, 02:05 AM   #26
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
not to seem like an angry drunk bitter suicidal turd like everyone thinks i am.

but

fuck this bitch!!!

real doe

and its soccer not football!! goddamn it!!!! stop confusing me
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2014, 03:44 AM   #27
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Why do Americans call soccer a game where you kick the ball with your feet and football a game in which the ball is thrown by someone's hand and carried over a line in someone else's arms most of the time?
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2014, 03:56 AM   #28
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SKbVCOAt8E
Old 06.29.2014, 05:45 AM   #29
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
My thoughts?

She said it so that a bunch of humourless football fans would get all inarticulate with rage.

Mission accomplished.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2014, 10:14 AM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i have no idea who this lady is.

didnt connect the telly, but i ll go to watch the game tonight with my parents. if only to do smth with them, other then go to eat or get food, or the other things that depress me, for a change.

what is surely annoying is the sexist 'jokes' that surface in social media, during soccer times. its a miracle i havent replied with fuck off to all of them.

hey, i'm sorry i won't be cheering for your country, but best wishes!

----------

speaking of nationalisms, etc., yesterday before brasil-chile they were showing the players waiting to enter the pitch, standing in 2 rows, in the tunnel looking all nervous.

and there's neymar with alexis (they both play at barcelona) and they are giving each other hugs, and neymar grabbed alexis's head most affectionally, almost like a girlfriend. it was quite moving.

better this than global war. i love the world cup.
Old 06.30.2014, 02:37 AM   #31
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
Why do Americans call soccer a game where you kick the ball with your feet and football a game in which the ball is thrown by someone's hand and carried over a line in someone else's arms most of the time?

we have the same question about why people in the 2nd capital call certain foods (cheese pie and souvlaki) different names. it can be really confusing if you first order those. and you know food is important.

football is 'normally' called american football.
and 'soccer' just football.
as i reckon, football was first invented, but became popular in the USA after their 'football'. i think, sometimes they do kick it with the foot? not sure now.
there is also the other sport..hand-ball. invented much later i guess(?), took the right name though.

anyhoo. dunno why i typed all that known shit now.
Old 06.30.2014, 08:23 AM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
My thoughts?

She said it so that a bunch of humourless football fans would get all inarticulate with rage.

Mission accomplished.

thewiorst parts are not about football, but about the racism aimed at "new" american immigrants
Old 06.30.2014, 08:25 AM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
"soccer" was a name created by the British, Association football as opposed to Rugby Football.

Rugby Football was tweaked by USA coal mining teams and then by college teams in the late 1800's and it became American Football.
Old 06.30.2014, 08:35 AM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
thewiorst parts are not about football, but about the racism aimed at "new" american immigrants

that's not pookie's problem -- his grandfather was born in britain and he's not "foreign." he votes for the BNP!
Old 06.30.2014, 11:34 AM   #35
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
Yawn... Why get upset over what some repetitious conservative is crapping on about?
You always know what yr gonna get with people like Ann Coulter..

This time she spews her ignorance about soccer (sorry, "futball" - el juego del mundo! ). Last time it woulda been about something else - but the agenda is always the same - cartoonish right-wing one upmanship over the left..

It's the same boring tune, only in a different key...

Of course she's offensive and hateful, but what're you gonna do?

Fuck her! (um.. as in 'ignore her' not engage in actual coitus)
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2014, 11:47 AM   #36
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

she is not just a lone nut ranting. she very much speaks exactly what a LOT of the white folks in power in the USA feel and talk about within their own groups.
Old 06.30.2014, 01:09 PM   #37
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that's not pookie's problem -- his grandfather was born in britain and he's not "foreign." he votes for the BNP!
My grandfather (and father) weren't born in Britain. But otherwise right.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2014, 01:39 PM   #38
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
"soccer" was a name created by the British, Association football as opposed to Rugby Football.

Rugby Football was tweaked by USA coal mining teams and then by college teams in the late 1800's and it became American Football.

Exactly. I get so bored with the whole soccer/football debate. I've heard perfectly credible european players and managers call it both. Roy Hodgson tends to say 'soccer' more than he does 'football', and a popular English tv show is called Soccer AM. It seems that a lot of the resentment is just nit picking because it's the standard term used in the US. It's totally irrelevant and no more than snobbery on the part of those who try to make it an issue.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2014, 01:50 PM   #39
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
She reminds me more of David Starkey, not just politically. There's a shared wit there. Laurie Penny's just a humourless, overly earnest chain of slogans. Almost as excruciating as that Owen Jones.

There was a very long-running thread at the other place I frequent about Laurie Penny and her words of "wisdom" - pure uncut Facepalm, though I did laugh at the bits where she was caught out blatantly fabricating stuff.

I always had Coulter down as more of a golf fan, myself.
Old 06.30.2014, 02:20 PM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
My grandfather (and father) weren't born in Britain. But otherwise right.

then you can't be truly british, per ann coulter's tirades.

you should read her rants, though mostly as a medical curiosity.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth