Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page RIP Robin Williams
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2014, 05:50 PM   #61
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
even with dated references, Williams' A Night at The Met, which I linked the first part of above, is awesome.

I remember watching this when I was a kid but my parents made me turn it off when he got to sex.

I was allowed to watch it years later.

Cut to about a month ago. I was going through some files and came across this, gave it a spin. It is pretty remarkable. Starts with how fucked up the world is, ends with hope in new generation. A wonderful piece.

----

Step aside Charlie Rose. This really is the best interview Williams did, not least because he describes a recent moment when he seriously considered suicide. Chilling.

Anyone who doesn't listen is a dumbfuck.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episod...robin_williams
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2014, 06:26 PM   #62
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah i heard 1/2 hour of it yesterday. it was pretty good. i'll finish now.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2014, 04:07 PM   #63
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
look, man, don't be jealous, we'll be sad too when you and porco kill yourselves, and we'll remember how you'd post theory papers and he'd post great pictures he'd find on the interwebs and be cranky, and if someone calls you cunts we'll try to kick those people in the huevos even though it will not make an iota of difference to your dead corpses but it will to us.

If you stopped your usual patronising people routine and read some of my posts on this thread you'll find I am not celebrating anyone killing themselves, regardless of my thoughts of R. Williams as an actor. It'd really do you a lot of good to stereotype other posters' posts less and and read inbetween the lines more. Or maybe you could do with being less pompous altogether.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2014, 04:43 PM   #64
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
If you stopped your usual patronising people routine and read some of my posts on this thread you'll find I am not celebrating anyone killing themselves, regardless of my thoughts of R. Williams as an actor. It'd really do you a lot of good to stereotype other posters' posts less and and read inbetween the lines more. Or maybe you could do with being less pompous altogether.

where did i say you were celebrating a suicide? please learn to read. i was merely speaking of a scenario in which you were both dead, and i chose something... picturesque. i believe nik got it and was funny about it.

anyway, re: pompous: if my way of being bothers you that's not my problem, ha ha ha. i can't change for you, honey. i'm comfortable with my pompous self. you can either get used to it just like we're used to your random aggressions or you can ignore me or we can squabble until decrepitude kills us (boring, this last option).

love,

Old 08.18.2014, 05:54 PM   #65
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
it was a great post that underscored the futility of our existence as well as everyone elses.

all we are saying, is give death a chance.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.18.2014, 06:37 PM   #66
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
i wanna die everyday. i heard that marc maron interview. i know what hes going through. i choose cirrhosis or lung cancer though. that is if i can ever afford it again... shit.

You don't want lung cancer, I know its cliche but lung cancer is possibly one of the worst ways to day, it can be a slow, agonizing, destructive process where just taking a small breath can be like inhaling shards of glass. Sadly the lucky ones are those whose cancer goes metastasis and spreads to the other organs which can kill a person within weeks and so end the potential months and/or years of suffering

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2014, 04:22 AM   #67
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
where did i say you were celebrating a suicide? please learn to read. i was merely speaking of a scenario in which you were both dead, and i chose something... picturesque. i believe nik got it and was funny about it.

anyway, re: pompous: if my way of being bothers you that's not my problem, ha ha ha. i can't change for you, honey. i'm comfortable with my pompous self. you can either get used to it just like we're used to your random aggressions or you can ignore me or we can squabble until decrepitude kills us (boring, this last option).

love,

I should learn how to read your posts in their entirety but I'm often put off by how patronising and pompous they sound after the first couple of lines. Besides, I neither have the time nor particular interest in what you may have to say in general.

love,

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.19.2014, 07:14 AM   #68
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I should learn how to read your posts in their entirety but I'm often put off by how patronising and pompous they sound after the first couple of lines.

classic case of margaritas ante porcos

Quote:
Besides, I neither have the time nor particular interest in what you may have to say in general.

love,

tldr but great photo as usual

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth