Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page MBV (Yes it deserves another thread)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.17.2007, 11:12 AM   #81
Llain
empty page

Llain kicks all y'all's assesLlain kicks all y'all's assesLlain kicks all y'all's assesLlain kicks all y'all's assesLlain kicks all y'all's assesLlain kicks all y'all's assesLlain kicks all y'all's assesLlain kicks all y'all's assesLlain kicks all y'all's assesLlain kicks all y'all's assesLlain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
yeah, isn't anything is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. it actually sounds like an amazing experimental rock band! feed me with your kiss is the best grunge song ever! listen to it, it's fucking grunge! loveless is great and certainly better from an "influential" standpoint, only because they managed to create these amazing songs of tons of guitars without it sounding like pure noise. i think loveless, though, is a PRIME candidate for an album that needs remastering: the drums sound TERRIBLE (tinniest drum sound next to a fucknig black metal album) and most of the songs are a bit too ... i mean, the layers are there, but it's all kind of just sitting there, not doing anything. loveliescrushing bested mbv at their own game in that department and with only a 4 track!

just my opinion, i know no one else agrees, but... loveless is a good ambient soundtrack to college couples making out (if you can find a stereo that will make the volume go up enough; it's a pretty quiet album), but isn't anything will make you laugh, cry, and rock at the same time.

Congratulations! You have successfully plagiarised Mark Prindle's review of My Bloody Valentine!

http://www.markprindle.com/mybloody.htm

Isn't Anything Review:

"Feed Me With Your Kiss" is a darned grunge song! Tell me it isn't!!!!"/ "feed me with your kiss is the best grunge song ever! listen to it, it's fucking grunge!"

Loveless Review:

"What's with the tinny shitty drum sound? You'd think that a band that places such an impact on sonic fullness would have taken care of that by this point in their existence."/ "the drums sound TERRIBLE (tinniest drum sound next to a fucknig black metal album"

"This has more of a "college couple making out in the dark with candles on" feel to it. "/ "loveless is a good ambient soundtrack to college couples making out"

Hmmm, why do you pay so much credence to to review to the extent that your "opinion" is at times identical to someone elses? I find this a bit weird. Unless it's all a big coincidence!

" just my opinion, i know no one else agrees"

Ugh, yeah, apart from Mark Prindle!
Llain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2007, 11:32 AM   #82
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
PWNED!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2007, 12:22 PM   #83
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
haha, that was funny!

I don't know, i like MBV, but i'm not really excited about all that jazz
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2007, 12:35 PM   #84
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
I don't know, i like MBV, but i'm not really excited about all that jazz
Same here.
Were they amazingly good live "back in the days"?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2007, 12:49 PM   #85
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Well atsonicpark just got well and truely owned.

I'm just extremely glad that i've managed to get tickets to see them. Wioll it be worth it? Better bloody had be!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2007, 02:21 PM   #86
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llain
Congratulations! You have successfully plagiarised Mark Prindle's review of My Bloody Valentine!

http://www.markprindle.com/mybloody.htm

Isn't Anything Review:

"Feed Me With Your Kiss" is a darned grunge song! Tell me it isn't!!!!"/ "feed me with your kiss is the best grunge song ever! listen to it, it's fucking grunge!"

Loveless Review:

"What's with the tinny shitty drum sound? You'd think that a band that places such an impact on sonic fullness would have taken care of that by this point in their existence."/ "the drums sound TERRIBLE (tinniest drum sound next to a fucknig black metal album"

"This has more of a "college couple making out in the dark with candles on" feel to it. "/ "loveless is a good ambient soundtrack to college couples making out"

Hmmm, why do you pay so much credence to to review to the extent that your "opinion" is at times identical to someone elses? I find this a bit weird. Unless it's all a big coincidence!

" just my opinion, i know no one else agrees"

Ugh, yeah, apart from Mark Prindle!
HAHAHA
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2007, 02:28 PM   #87
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
woo fuckers
had them posted to my boyfriends uncle

i've heard that one before!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2007, 03:03 PM   #88
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i've heard that one before!
this is my bloody valentine, NOT sonic youth.
Old 11.17.2007, 03:06 PM   #89
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
yeah yeah.

i reserve my right to skepticism young lady.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2007, 07:09 PM   #90
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo

the tickets are sold out

the tickets

are

sold

ou

MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Not so my foulmouthed friend.
I purchased two tickets for the Sunday show not 30 minutes ago. Check the Roundhouse website. They might still have some left.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.17.2007, 08:42 PM   #91
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Hey,
I've a piddling Glasgow ticket up for sale (face price of course) and was wondering if anyone wants it...

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2007, 09:04 AM   #92
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
isnt it funny when a band everyone loves reforms or becomes popular agin that everyone decides they are to be knocked........
Old 11.18.2007, 02:03 PM   #93
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I would feel more sorry for you if it wasn't for the fact that you see being awake at 9 am as a hardship.

Hey I get up at 5am 4 days a week so on my days off I think I am entitled to be lazy. Anyway all is swell now, I have tickets for the sunday shows at london and manchester so i'm happy
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2007, 09:36 PM   #94
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah yeah.

i reserve my right to skepticism young lady.
that you do. i reserve the right to prance around in my knickers (love that word) because i get to see my bloody fucking valentine.
Old 11.19.2007, 04:21 AM   #95
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
isnt it funny when a band everyone loves reforms or becomes popular agin that everyone decides they are to be knocked........

Not so, my friend. My Bloody Valentine were a truly great band when they had a right to ba called a band, but you can't deny that this is fraud, unless the original members (or more than one of them) was in this incarnation.

Sorry, but this is just not the My Bloody Valentine that I have experienced and it is sad that a younger generation get to see the shadow of them playing live. This is not to say that the gigs are going to be bad, nobody can tell till they play them.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 06:59 AM   #96
Guest Informant
little trouble girl

Guest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's asses
What are you on about? Do you mean it's not MBV unless Dave Conway and Tina are playing? The line-up for the forthcoming gigs is Kevin, Bilinda, Debbie and Colm, unless you know something we don't.
Guest Informant is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 07:11 AM   #97
sarramkrop

It seems like you know more than I do. Read the thread.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 07:23 AM   #98
Guest Informant
little trouble girl

Guest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's assesGuest Informant kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
apparently it's going to be kevin shields, mani from the stoner roses on bass, bobby gillespie on the other guitar and reni from the stone roses on drums, plus the girl from the kills doing the female vocals.

Oh, you mean this??? Come on, that's a joke, shirley? Debbie Googe has built the official website herself and the posters/tickets have a picture of the classic line-up. Bobby Gillespie on guitar!
Guest Informant is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 07:57 AM   #99
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
Quote:
apparently it's going to be kevin shields, mani from the stoner roses on bass, bobby gillespie on the other guitar and reni from the stone roses on drums, plus the girl from the kills doing the female vocals.

ew ew ew. not funny.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 07:59 AM   #100
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest Informant
Oh, you mean this??? Come on, that's a joke, shirley? Debbie Googe has built the official website herself and the posters/tickets have a picture of the classic line-up. Bobby Gillespie on guitar!

If that's the case, my heartfelt apologies.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth