Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Washing Machine vinyl (US pressing)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.26.2010, 12:07 AM   #1
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone have this? Does it sound like absolute shit? I have the European pressing and found it odd that they didn't resequence it to compensate for the heavily mismatched running times of each side, but apparently the US pressing includes 'No Queen Blues' on the already mammoth side 2 rather than the lead-off track of side 3 like my version. I can't imagine the logic behind side 1 being 13'11", and side 2 being 20'05" (Euro version) let alone side 2 being 24'41" (supposed US version). That would make side 3 of the US version only 10'53" versus the 19'35" side containing 'Diamond Sea'.

Is this really how the US vinyl is sequenced? I added this info to the discography back in January but found myself randomly perplexed by it this evening.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2010, 07:54 AM   #2
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, it's there crammed onto side 2, despite the labels & sleeve saying otherwise.
It's the only version of WM I have so I can't compare it to any others, but it doesn't sound too bad to these ears.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I have also Us-version and there is also "No Queen Blues" in the end of record 1. When I listened the record first time, I was very suprised, when there came a song after "Little trouble girl". Sometime I believed, that the song was some kind of bonus song without title, because there is the end of "Becuz" in the side 3. But soon I realised, that it is "No Queen Blues". I think also, that nothing sounds bad in that album, I donīt have noticed, that there is even any lower volume on the side 2.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.31.2010, 01:24 PM   #4
donfortissimo
empty page

donfortissimo has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
When will the reissue this as a delux box set?!?!? PLEASE!!!!
donfortissimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2010, 08:29 AM   #5
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
ok so ive checked and i do actually own a us pressing of the record
it kinda made me sad cause washing machine is not just my fav sy lp but also one of my fav sonic youth songs, and now it means that my version on the vinyl is not the greatest ...
the record is labelled as it says on the discog site tho..
it might be a super rarity?

edit: ok i see many other people have the same version ...

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 05:37 PM   #6
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Ebay Alert

Item number:400152991204

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth