Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.28.2018, 12:59 PM   #10421
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
You could just get on our masochistic level and support either West Ham or Everton?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how Spam do this season. Always liked Pellegrini. Funny thing is a couple of seasons Everton were after both Yarmolenko and Anderson. Everton being Everton it didn't work out and now they're at West Ham.

You optimistic, Demo?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2018, 01:33 PM   #10422
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Here's a recent ranking of the teams apparently most hated by other fans.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...eague-12994750

The club West Ham hate (besides the big one, Millwall, who aren't in the Prem) is Spurs. After that it's Spurs reserves, then Spurs Youth team then Spurs Ladies. After that it's any other London club,. Then MU.

I don't know if there's any 'hero' teams, although I'd say that (of the really big teams) Man City probably get the least amount of hate.

The clubs at the bottom of that ranking aren't necessarily popular they're just considered irrelevant, as in why would anybody even care enough about a team like Huddersfield (even in Huddersfield) to actually hate them?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2018, 01:41 PM   #10423
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

You optimistic, Demo?

I am actually. Not unrealistically so but all going well I think we could conceivably finish somewhere between 7th-10th, which is about where I see Everton too.
Old 07.28.2018, 01:43 PM   #10424
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I am actually. Not unrealistically so but all going well I think we could conceivably finish somewhere between 7th-10th, which is about where I see Everton too.

Add 7 and 10 together and that's where I see Everton this season if we don't scrap that back 4, especially CBs, and get players who can actually run.

Old 07.28.2018, 01:45 PM   #10425
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Come on we all know Symbols is gonna fall for MU. He likes Bayern and lives about as far away from Manchester as most of their other fans. It's a match made in heaven.
Old 07.28.2018, 01:46 PM   #10426
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Come on we all know Symbols is gonna fall for MU. He likes Bayern and lives about as far away from Manchester as most of their other fans. It's a match made in heaven.

Old 07.28.2018, 01:59 PM   #10427
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Well Mourinho is starting to look like a man being left behind. Like Wenger did. Still good manager, but don't seem to have that extra push to win the league or a champions league anymore. Sad to see tbh.

I agree, except for the last sentence.
Old 07.28.2018, 02:37 PM   #10428
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

haaa haaaa haaa

don’t care for man u one way or another, but as i said, the obvious bundesliga transition team is liverpool, and they’re popular now, so i can bandwagon all the way to the champions league final, while pep collapses.

and im guessing man city worth keeping an eye on— i always enjoyed the great kevin debruyne, even while you guys talked shit about him (something about him sucking at chelsea or something). from here on out i’ll will know them as Neo-Wolfsburg.

and aubameyang went to arsenal i think? and mkhitarian just joined them? perfect then— i’ll call them Old Dortmund! sounds like some cheap midwestern beer. gtg to the store for some hotdogs and a sixpack of old dortmund.

plus spurs, just to irk demonyo ha ha ha. is kane really all that?

oh and the napoli guy in chelsea. yes, thanks for that.

5 teams to keep an eye on more than i can handle. might have to prune the choices later down the road cuz i gotta still keep an eye on bundesliga. and the new system might lemme see serie a and la liga and some french teams...

holy fuck im gonna get teevee indigestion.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2018, 04:08 PM   #10429
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Jahanbakhsh went from AZ to Brighton for a record transfer and apparently he (if he had a choice anyway) choose them over Leicester. Is that a smart move? Leicester ended up 6 places higher last year. And to be honest I don't think I know anything of Brighton.

I hope he does well. He might need to get accustomed first, he was sort of a late bloomer at AZ as well. The first two years he didn't score so much. Last year he became top scorer with 21 goals.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2018, 08:45 PM   #10430
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Neither team are particularly attractive so I assume he's only taken the Brighton job as a potential stepping-stone to a bigger club.
Old 07.29.2018, 05:27 AM   #10431
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
don’t care for man u one way or another, but as i said, the obvious bundesliga transition team is liverpool, and they’re popular now, so i can bandwagon all the way to the champions league final, while pep collapses.

H8Klopp will disagree but they're a decent team to support right now. At that top end, I'd say them, MC and Spurs are playing the best football. For various reasons I prefer MC but in lots of ways (mainly due to Salah and Klopp) Liverpool are the more likeable. Spurs are just a big fat no.

Quote:
i always enjoyed the great kevin debruyne, even while you guys talked shit about him (something about him sucking at chelsea or something)

Ah? He barely played at Chelsea and I only really noticed him after he joined Citeh. I've been gushing about him ever since. Zero hate for KDB from me.

Quote:

plus spurs, just to irk demonyo ha ha ha. is kane really all that?

It won't irk me. I'll just pity you when they inevitably choke under the 1st sign of pressure. Also they haven't done much business in the transfer window so far and that could see them fall behind a bit.

But yes, Kane is all that.
Old 07.29.2018, 07:01 AM   #10432
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
H8Klopp will disagree but they're a decent team to support right now. At that top end, I'd say them, MC and Spurs are playing the best football. For various reasons I prefer MC but in lots of ways (mainly due to Salah and Klopp) Liverpool are the more likeable. Spurs are just a big fat no.

Ah? He barely played at Chelsea and I only really noticed him after he joined Citeh. I've been gushing about him ever since. Zero hate for KDB from me.

It won't irk me. I'll just pity you when they inevitably choke under the 1st sign of pressure. Also they haven't done much business in the transfer window so far and that could see them fall behind a bit.

But yes, Kane is all that.

Hahaha I'll.not deny they're playing great stuff. Just shame it has to be Liverpool. Funny thing is, I like Spurs but Liverpool are a big fat no for me.

Old 07.29.2018, 07:39 AM   #10433
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well i won’t really be “supporting” these teams, just keeping an eye on them because they’re fun to watch.

really takes me a while to develop an attachment to a team—the players, the style of play, the coaches... i like a team more when i get to know it. and then it’s not really so much a tribal affiliation, but an aesthetic one.

but it’s funny to hear you guys on your liverpool/spurs cross-rejections ha ha ha ha
Old 07.29.2018, 05:41 PM   #10434
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I know it's just out of curiosity, but with that in mind keep an eye on Burnley. A very unfashionable, relatively 'small' club, but given their resources they were arguably the team of the season last year, so it'll be interesting to see how they do this season (especially with added Europa commitments).

I only mention them because I imagine they're the kind of team that go largely under the radar outside England but are as much a part of what makes the Prem what it is as the other bigger clubs we've been mentioning.

Albeit for different reasons, and obviously not talking about supporting or anything but another 'team to watch' is actually West Ham, who, after last season's outright chaos, have probably had the biggest shake up of any team this summer.

You'll obviously want to concentrate on the bigger teams but try to keep an eye on those two when you can.

And I'm not just saying this, but Everton v West Ham is almost always a great fixture to watch (even though Everton invariably win the fuckers). They're not necessarily the best in terms of quality but usually hyper competitive and I know for West Ham fans anyway, they're increasingly thought of almost like derbies (if West Ham have a bogey team in the Prem, it's definitely Everton). So yeah, that'd be an under the radar fixture I'd look out for.

Oh and prepare to cancel Christmas if you find yourself hooked before the winter schedule kicks in.
Old 07.29.2018, 06:43 PM   #10435
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

great, great! thanks for that. those narratives definitely add interest to the proceedings.

i canceled christmas when i moved out of my parents house ages ago—hate the season, the music, the movies, everything, lol. but the germans love it, and their football goes away for a month. if there is one big plus to following the prem it has to be the workaholism. and while america is up to her eyebrows in college hand-ovoid and superballs, i’ll be happily watching the prem. that’s gonna be a huge relief for me if it works out.
Old 07.30.2018, 06:09 PM   #10436
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the bayern newsletter has a “60 second roundup” from their florida friendly vs man city

https://fcbayern.com/fcbayerntv/en/v...90718?mobile=1

you can tell from the title bayern didn’t win... damn you, pep! lololol

also james says he’s “very happy here”. better say that after what he did vs real madrid last year.

https://fcbayern.com/us/news/2018/07...eason?mobile=1

the new bayern coach looks like an interesting choice...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Kovač
Old 07.30.2018, 07:40 PM   #10437
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Assange has clearly demonstrated what happens to real adversarial dissidents and insurgents – they’re persecuted, demonized, and threatened, not befriended by and invited to parties within the halls of imperial power
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2018, 02:36 AM   #10438
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Assange has clearly demonstrated what happens to real adversarial dissidents and insurgents – they’re persecuted, demonized, and threatened, not befriended by and invited to parties within the halls of imperial power

Alright, lad. We just like watching football.

Old 07.31.2018, 09:01 AM   #10439
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Although all that talk of persecution and demonization does sort of describe Mpurinho in a press conference.
Old 07.31.2018, 09:34 AM   #10440
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Although all that talk of persecution and demonization does sort of describe Mpurinho in a press conference.
he’s a paranoid too, right?

should be an entertaining sight
422472512519520521 522 523524525532572622 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth