Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Insomnia
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.10.2009, 12:56 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
have you tried melotonin? It works, but you better devote 8-9 hours to sleep. and it is not for everyday use.

My motto is
"why take tylenol, when you can take tylenol PM?"

hahaha

only kinda just kidding.

sleeplessness is fucking horrible.

Hope you can get it worked out.
Old 02.10.2009, 01:43 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
is this a brand or do you make your own. more info please! Valerian tincture hasn't helped me much.

I recently created an environmental loop on audacity of bird recordings I made, haven't tried it out yet to see if that will relax me. I used to have some 'frequency' tapes my friend Andrew Smith made that were supposed to trigger certain brainwave states, relaxation being one of them.

I should get one of those biofeedback devise that allow you to see your brainwaves on the PC, and then you learn to manipulate them through meditation so you can trigger a relaxed state.

Someday I will live in a real house where I don't have to hear the fridge kick on and off all night nor hear people coing and out of the building all night long and hear the fucking restaurant exhaust motors that shake my building.

sounds like a white noise machine could actually help you with the noise. i used to live near a railway and the only solution was to move, though.

anyway the tea i get from a local tea peddler.

http://www.nmteaco.com/Starry-Night-...nic_p_186.html

i must warn you though, it tastes a bit shit, very bitter (cuz the hops), and i drink it without sugar cuz sugar promotes wakefulness. i find that it works better than the sleepytime w/ valerian. i tend to be a night owl up till 5, but i've noticed that since i installed morning exercise + this stuff, i sleep like a child and i'm up at 7 (not super early for most people, but early enough for me).

best wishes.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 01:52 PM   #23
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks so much for your help. I've decided in this instance to soldier through the day in the hope that I collapse at around midnight. I'm tired as fuck right now and it's only coming up to 7.00! So I'll see if I can manage it.

That's hardly a long term solution though so I'll definitely take on board the more realistic and practical advice offered here once the initial panic of starting teaching is out of the way.

Sincerely, thanks to you all for your advice.

Evidently a career teaching fine art hasn't equipped me with those basic life skills that would've told me cocoa is a stimulant!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 01:56 PM   #24
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
a career teaching fine art

Really? Wow. I really hope that to be my future career.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 01:56 PM   #25
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Where do you teach fine art by the way?

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 02:00 PM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I promise you, lack of (good) sleep will cause a greater incidence of dementia than Sinemet.

after 10 years of working in a sleep medicine practice, I can't recall a single person being switched off of it in favor of marijauna (which acts as a stimulant).

ps: the nazi in me wants you to know that there is no "w" in restless. just sayin'.

I sleep fine these years with my "medicine" and I wouldn't trust that Sinemet for shit.. I'd rather have nothing at all! marijuana is a bit of a stimulent, but it checks my legs and that is fine with me, the only side effects are the munchies and straight people getting on your case calling you an addict when they don't know shit about the circumstances..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 02:01 PM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
mr. demoņo, another thing that i forgot to mention is that it's a good idea to save your consumption of fats for the evening, as fats help make you sleepy. so rather than have bacon for breakfast, have some (say) clotted cream in the evening. clotted cream! what the fuck is that, i'm just trying to write in a terminology useful to you. ha!
Old 02.10.2009, 02:15 PM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
catch a jack just before going to bed.

that always works for me.
Old 02.10.2009, 02:19 PM   #29
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
clotted cream! what the fuck is that, i'm just trying to write in a terminology useful to you. ha!

Clotted cream!!!! You've obviously based your entire vision of English life on watching Withnail and I and listening to early Genesis albums. Not in itself such a bad thing actually.

I'm off to deliberate over the decline of the empire with the local vicar.

Old 02.10.2009, 02:22 PM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Clotted cream!!!! You've obviously based your entire vision of English life on watching Withnail and I and listening to early Genesis albums. Not in itself such a bad thing actually.

I'm off to deliberate over the decline of the empire with the local vicar.

ha ha ha.

yeah, i kinda do-- but you guys talk a lot about it. also about the morning "fry up", and baked beans.
oh yeah, i have evidence...

for dessert at night have a piece of stilton then, with an apple. the calcium and the tryphtophane in the cheese work better than milk, and the apple is yummy and traditionally good for the nervous system (not sure if it's a myth but back home we make "apple water for the nerves", ha ha).

here a detailed linky with more stuff:
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t042400.asp
looks reasonable...
Old 02.10.2009, 02:29 PM   #31
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Evidently a career teaching fine art

Wow, I'm impressed!

Quote:
hasn't equipped me with those basic life skills that would've told me cocoa is a stimulant!

Incase you're interested, all chocolate has caffeine in as well as theobromine, which apparently is another stimulant similar to caffeine.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 02:45 PM   #32
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
ha ha ha.

yeah, i kinda do-- but you guys talk a lot about it. also about the morning "fry up", and baked beans.
oh yeah, i have evidence...

It's a sad fact that the great English Fry Up is becoming something of a thing of the past. Probably because most people who know how to make a good one tend to die of a heart attack before they hit 40. Nobody's around long enough to passthe tradition on. Not to mention the infuritating rise of vegetarianism upon this green and pleasant land.

Quote:

That's a great link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloevera_biopillow2000
my advice yust be carefull with influnce from internet or tv
young peopels can get washed into a wrong kinda of future image

it's the rem-sleep that's also importand
and you don't need to worrie too much

Sound advice, especially that last line. Thanks!
Old 02.10.2009, 02:50 PM   #33
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
Incase you're interested, all chocolate has caffeine in as well as theobromine, which apparently is another stimulant similar to caffeine.

And to think that they turned this fucker into a childrens' icon ... the evil swines!

Old 02.10.2009, 02:59 PM   #34
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
It's a sad fact that the great English Fry Up is becoming something of a thing of the past.

This is such a fucking Londoner thing to say. Just because Dalston Kingsland doesn't have a decent cardiac hole doesn't mean the rest of the country isn't swimming in its own pigfat. I can get a sausage, bacon and black pudding buttie at work for less than a pound. Less than a pound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 03:02 PM   #35
demonrail666
invito al cielo

carrot cruncher
Old 02.10.2009, 03:03 PM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
It's a sad fact that the great English Fry Up is becoming something of a thing of the past. Probably because most people who know how to make a good one tend to die of a heart attack before they hit 40. Nobody's around long enough to passthe tradition on. Not to mention the infuritating rise of vegetarianism upon this green and pleasant land.

i hear that's how scotland avoids social security nightmares-- deep fried everything.

sorry to hear about your infuriations. vegetarianism is the credo of the Last Man. just ask nietzsche.

so, green and pleasant land, eh? i know that's william blake, but isn't the weather actually a bit shit, though? rain all the time...

agh one more thing i forgot-- get a light dimmer installed in your house so you don't have bright lights at night-- bright lights (especially the cool ones, i.e. with a preponderance of blue) tend to tell your brain that it's time to wake the fuck up. so i don't brighten up the house in the evening (that's how they get chickens to feed all 24 hours of the day, btw).

anyway, im out of here-- happy sleep dude.
Old 02.10.2009, 04:27 PM   #37
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
I've had loads of problems with sleeping - though my problems are more to do with undiagnosed stomach-pains (that make it difficult to sleep) than general sleeplessness.

Anyway I just went to the doctors and got powerful sleeping pills - the kind Hollywood celebrities used to overdose on! Them and a cup of tea do the trick... though they're so effective it's sometimes hard to wake-up after taking them, so I have the dilemma of 'I need to be awake at 9am for something important - so do I take the pills and possibly sleep over that time, or do I not take them, get no sleep - but I'll definitely be awake for 9am?'

Insomnia is this: rubbish.
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 04:34 PM   #38
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRA
so I have the dilemma of 'I need to be awake at 9am for something important - so do I take the pills and possibly sleep over that time, or do I not take them, get no sleep - but I'll definitely be awake for 9am?'

Call me old fashioned but wouldn't a humble alarm clock sort out any potential problems in that department?
Old 02.10.2009, 04:36 PM   #39
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
drink a whole bottle of wine every night before going to bed. end of sleep problems.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:10 PM   #40
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
carrot cruncher

Yoghurt Weaver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content Š2006 Sonic Youth