Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Need help finding stereo system for turntable
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2009, 09:44 AM   #1
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
I'm thinking I'm going to be asking for a new stereo system for my turntable for my 21st birthday. I currently have it set up to a 2.1 Logitech Z2300 computer speaker system, and though they sounds nice, I want something that's going to blow me away a little bit more. It's set up in my room now, but I'm going to move it into my living room so I can use it for parties and such. My living room is about 16 ft. x 25 ft., which is pretty big for a one bedroom apartment, but I wouldn't call it huge, so I don't think I need some big monstrous system that's going to clutter up space and piss off the neighbors. I also don't want to ask for anything more than $500. I'm not sure what else to add. I'm just at a loss, really. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 10:00 AM   #2
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Have a look at Tannoy F1 Custom

Tannoy FR Custom

Krix Equinox

These are all bookshelf, pack quite a punch, you will need an amplifier though unless you are thinking a full system of powered boxes. Good bookshelf speakers go for around 250-500 each ie 1 speaker.

I don't know as much about domestic audio as I do pro audio but I definately know these are very very fine speakers from prolonged listening and pink noise tests...
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 12:31 PM   #3
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
What turntable do you have, out of interest? Also, what other system parts? Amplifier/CD player.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 01:27 PM   #4
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
This is my turntable:

I'm not using anything else with it. It's just plugged directly into my Logitech speakers.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth